U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 1 - South Australia v Allies (June 4, 11am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better quarter from SA, their mids finally realised a game of football was on and started running for each other. Funny things like goals can come from that.

SA:

Delean - dangerous whenever given half a sniff, that's generally what he's good for and capitalised on his very limited supply. Still somewhere in orbit
McAuliffe - much better involvement that term though disposal very iffy
Draper - SA's best mid and at least working both ways
McCabe - Bit more involved down back that term with intercepts
Holt - Started to play more of his usual self in link play which he's usually good at
Goad - Still best ruck on ground though less time that term
Van Wyk - Better that term with a fair few hitouts

Weckert and Moir generally invisible

Allies:

McKercher - doing as he pleased, he just runs so hard to receive and then again contest to contest
Sanders - Elite footballer, skill and decision making a class above every other player on the ground
Rogers - Cannot lay a finger on him, can turn on a pinhead and clean
Rowlands - Lot of ball, tackling hard and in every contest just about
Leake - Good game, not as domiannt as others but just knows what to do with it
Read - He's very mobile, beaten in hitouts but he's excellent when involved around the ground and not slow
I agree with most apart from the Moir invisible, he doesn't need a lot of touches and from what I've seen so far (up to the 3rd quarter) he's playing mid now with very little opportunity to impact.

My notes from 2nd and 3rd quarter included Holt.

McKercher is a smart player, maybe doesn't need to rack up the numbers. Rogers has also been handy.

Like McCormack and Goad

Gothard is a nice kick

Turner was burnt a couple of times, wonder if it is because of leading patterns or lack of experience

Walter showing he is a team player as well as a gr8 mark and good fwd option. I liked Read's game but unsure of best position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back