U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 4 - Western Australia v South Australia (June 24, 2pm Perth time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
I think we can all agree that Twomey has dropped the ball here by not posting teams yet, but this game is happening tomorrow afternoon as the curtain raiser for the Fremantle v Essendon game - 2pm Perth, 3:30pm Adelaide, 4pm Melbourne. Live streamed on the AFL website as always.

As for the teams, well we have inclusions into the extended squads at least...

SA
In: Trent Tattoli, Declan Gladigau, Oscar Talbot

WA
In: Riley Wills, Joe Fonti, Koltyn Tholstrup

Thoughts and whatnot?

I think we can all agree that Twomey has dropped the ball here by not posting teams yet, but this game is happening tomorrow afternoon as the curtain raiser for the Fremantle v Essendon game - 2pm Perth, 3:30pm Adelaide, 4pm Melbourne. Live streamed on the AFL website as always.

As for the teams, well we have inclusions into the extended squads at least...

SA
In: Trent Tattoli, Declan Gladigau, Oscar Talbot

WA
In: Riley Wills, Joe Fonti, Koltyn Tholstrup

Thoughts and whatnot?
In his defense, it's a completely non-eastern seaboard game!

In his defense, it's a completely non-eastern seaboard game!
So does he work for the AUSTRALIAN Football League or the Eastern Seaboard Football League?!

There is no defense it's p1ss poor by Cal.

Shame that Coen Livingstone & Bailey Harbour aren’t playing for WA, also that Chad Reschke can’t get a crack in the SA side.

WA by 8 points. Mitch Edwards BOG, Lace Collard with 3 goals.

Sid Draper to continue his good form, Ashton Moir and Jack Delean to kick 3 each.

Shame that Coen Livingstone & Bailey Harbour aren’t playing for WA, also that Chad Reschke can’t get a crack in the SA side.

Sid Draper to continue his good form, Ashton Moir and Jack Delean to kick 3 each.
Livingstone is playing I think. Starting on the bench according to the line-ups posted on the WA 2023 thread. But no Harbour or Whan.

Really looking forward to seeing Fonti and Wills. Really quick with clean skills. Good things happen when they get the ball. Let's hope they get it quite a bit.

Wet game means a lot of stoppages, low scoring & less impact for KPP across the board.

Edwards could have 50 hit outs but I think it'll be a day for the midfielders to shine, especially those willing to get down and dirty.

Coming into the champs I had WA as a clear better team but after the last few games form has to be taken into consideration.

SA by 2 goals.

As today will be a wet day, a little known fact is that despite Melbourne's reputation as being a city where it rains all the time, Perth actually receives more annual rainfall - about 790mm compared to 650mm. The difference being Melbourne's rain is spread out over the year and Perth's is compacted into May, June, July, August. So most games here at this time of year are slogs and today will be no exception. Fortunately it doesn't look like one of those Perth torrential rain days.

Reschke baffles me, he really does. Big, strong and powerful and a pretty good kick. He might be more of an older school full forward but he's got enough talent there to be drafted for sure. Deserved at least 1 game....

As today will be a wet day, a little known fact is that despite Melbourne's reputation as being a city where it rains all the time, Perth actually receives more annual rainfall - about 790mm compared to 650mm. The difference being Melbourne's rain is spread out over the year and Perth's is compacted into May, June, July, August. So most games here at this time of year are slogs and today will be no exception. Fortunately it doesn't look like one of those Perth torrential rain days.

Yep very little known fact, Adelaide and especially Perth are far wetter than Melbourne in winter. The landmass to the west of Melbourne really dries them out. Hopefully a good contest with the big bodied mids inside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reschke baffles me, he really does. Big, strong and powerful and a pretty good kick. He might be more of an older school full forward but he's got enough talent there to be drafted for sure. Deserved at least 1 game....
Can't see his game style working at the top level personally, State League for him more likely.

I think Liam Fawcett's game style and height puts him a fair way ahead of all this year's SA KPF prospects IMO.

Can't see his game style working at the top level personally, State League for him more likely.

I think Liam Fawcett's game style and height puts him a fair way ahead of all this year's SA KPF prospects IMO.

Talent and ability is definitely not the question. Is one of the more natural forwards for his age in the country and will dominate opposing defenders in his age group. Would be a lead up forward more as a third tall option (Membrey style perhaps) at the next level. As you say it's only the way the game has gone and he would fall under the Wundke type of FF to probably win many Ken Farmers in years to come. But to not get a game at the champs is nothing short of disappointing.

I do like Fawcett, impressed me a few times with his contested marking this season in the Under 18's, he's got the height but I am unsure how much raw upside he has. Could be worth a stash and develop though with a later pick or rookie.

Livingstone is playing I think. Starting on the bench according to the line-ups posted on the WA 2023 thread. But no Harbour or Whan.

Really looking forward to seeing Fonti and Wills. Really quick with clean skills. Good things happen when they get the ball. Let's hope they get it quite a bit.

Good to hear, I seen a team sheet somewhere on here that suggested he wasn’t playing. Poor bloody form by the AFL to have no detail at all on the website about this game.

If they want to grow the game they need to be promoting the championships far more than they currently are.

I get that at 188cm he is a bit of a tweener size for the position he plays (Full Forward)…but I just fail to see how SA can continually overlook his body of work. He should’ve got games in the champs last year considering his output at u/18’s level.

Then he has backed it up with 33 goals from 8 matches at reserves level as a 17 year old, which is nothing to be sneezed at.

He is already a pretty physically type, if he could improve his running capacity a bit, he could definitely end up as a player that’s it between the mould of someone like a Cam Zurhaar (189cm) or Tim Membrey (188cm).

Good to hear, I seen a team sheet somewhere on here that suggested he wasn’t playing. Poor bloody form by the AFL to have no detail at all on the website about this game.

If they want to grow the game they need to be promoting the championships far more than they currently are.
Mate, you could be right about Livingstone. It's just what was posted on the WA 2023 page and that poster is normally on the money. So fingers crossed as I think he is easily in WA's best line-up even in these conditions. I live about 2km from Optus and it's pretty soggy/drizzly but not too bad so far.

I know for sure if he does play that he'll at least provide a big contest and bring the ball to ground for the likes of O'Driscoll, Collard and Wills.

I hope Wills gets the ball. He's fun to watch.

Mate, you could be right about Livingstone. It's just what was posted on the WA 2023 page and that poster is normally on the money. So fingers crossed as I think he is easily in WA's best line-up even in these conditions. I live about 2km from Optus and it's pretty soggy/drizzly but not too bad so far.

I know for sure if he does play that he'll at least provide a big contest and bring the ball to ground for the likes of O'Driscoll, Collard and Wills.

I hope Wills gets the ball. He's fun to watch.

Can’t say I’ve watched Wills play, what type of player is he? I’ll keep an eye out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back