U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 4 - Western Australia v South Australia (June 24, 2pm Perth time)

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that at 188cm he is a bit of a tweener size for the position he plays (Full Forward)…but I just fail to see how SA can continually overlook his body of work. He should’ve got games in the champs last year considering his output at u/18’s level.

Then he has backed it up with 33 goals from 8 matches at reserves level as a 17 year old, which is nothing to be sneezed at.

He is already a pretty physically type, if he could improve his running capacity a bit, he could definitely end up as a player that’s it between the mould of someone like a Cam Zurhaar (189cm) or Tim Membrey (188cm).
Recruiters can have a decent say in who gets picked

If hes already got a line through him, then recruiters wont want to see him at the champs and they make this clear to the coaching group ect

VFL giving you some pre-game entertainment. ;)

I presume that they simply recycle links, and closer to 4pm AEST it will be on the broadcast from WA.
Let's hope we get a commentator who knows BOTH sets of players. Some of the commentators are really good and others here not so.

We might get another day of "Mwah" instead of Moir like last year.

Bombers not much better

But yeh very little to no rain perth cbd so far today

We still dont have any squads/teams released?
This is what TJG1996 posted and I'm led to believe that they are correct.

WA

B 8 Hine-Baston 22 Allan 38 Kemp
HB 17 Hardeman 26 E.Scoble 34 Fonti
M 15 Torrent 30 Curtin 16 Ferreira
HF 9 Collard 29 Kentfield 23 Tholstrup
F 2 O'Driscoll 28 van Rooyen 3 Sanchez
R 31 Edwards 35 Hall 11 Wills
I/C 6 Campbell 7 Kelly 18 Lindberg 25 Matthews 37 Livingstone

SA

B 6 Wauer 17 Patton 48 Holt
HB 9 Ryan 22 McCabe 10 Montgomery
M 3 Fairall 28 Wheaton 13 Slade
HF 16 Rawlinson 41 Weckert 27 Dignan
F 8 Moir 42 Welsh 12 Delean
R 38 Goad 26 McAuliffe 2 Draper
I/C 5 Herbert 25 Ridgway 29 Hargrave 36 Luck 40 Talbot

Wills, Livingstone and Tholstrup should make WA stronger

Wills has some impressive stat lines in the colts this year and looks like hes got better and better as the season has gone on

Conditions i feel suit the bigger SA bodies a bit more Mcauliffe, Draper and Hargrave should like these conditions but hopefully its pretty dry

Dan Curtin in the midfield is interesting. I really like the look of WA's forward line, especially considering that they also have Coen on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's working ok for me WA v SA at 2pm Western time. Don't click the video link until 1.50/1.55 or so though because it will take you somewhere else until 5 minutes or so before the match.

Still 2 hours 37 minutes to go before the start mate.
Yeah don’t mind me, I was thinking 11am our time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back