U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 1 - South Australia v Allies (June 4, 11am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Individially:

Allies:

Walter - Beasting it up forward looking like Tom Hawkins atm, marking everything and kicking long goals
Rogers - Evasive and quick but very clean, they can't lay a finger on him
Thomas - Plenty of the ball, quite clean and good run
Sanders - Great work across the ground, link play and class above
O'Sullivan - Looks great, moves well for his size
McKercher - Impressive, like watching Zac Merrett out there

SA:

Goad - Winning most of the hitouts with good leap and long arms, you can see how good he will be
Moir - Late soccer goal but otherwise not much
Herbert - Some good run and movement inside 50
Delean - Only SA player who looks a threat when near the ball and a nice long goal
Van Wyk - Channeling Sean Darcy out there

Easy inside 50s through free kicks and the dominant Allies mids are making life real easy for Walter. I don’t think Patton should have been the match up though, he should be the one getting in the way of his leads not chasing from behind.

Patton is more a Ridley type, he's not the man for a beast like Walter

Wow a credit to the northern acadamies and smaller states, this Allies team are stacked with class.

I cant remember seeing a SA team being so non-competitive at this level.

Patton is more a Ridley type, he's not the man for a beast like Walter

They don’t have a natural one on one matchup. Need to slow the forward movement through the midfield and have someone like Patton, Evans or Ryan as a loose man.

I was hopeful they could nullify the Allies mids through size alone. But they just don’t have the speed. Hopefully they push Delean and Moir up in the second half.

I agree about Goad. Best ruck out there.

Wow a credit to the northern acadamies and smaller states, this Allies team are stacked with class.

I cant remember seeing a SA team being so non-competitive at this level.
It's a very weak SA squad. And a very strong Allies squad.

SA should be better as a team but they seem to be rolling the dice through the midfield and losing every time against some top end talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allies playing some unselfish footy and doing the team things. Should be further in front.

Their coaching crew have done well to have the boys gelling.

SA have no shortage of talent, particularly down back but their mids are not firing at all.

From a Bloods Academy perspective Cleary performing as usual and Cabor showing great dash and sure ball handling. Caleb May struggled in the ruck against a stronger body.

Hard to get a good read on how good The Alllies really are, as SA are so poor.

Without wanting to kick SA whilst they are down in this game, I must say that this is one of the worst SA sides that I have seen in a while.
Just no cohesion between the player.

Rogers, Ethan Reid and Walters doing their chances, of being called out very early on draft night, every chance.

Hopefully the second half in a bit more even a contest.

Hard to get a good read on how good The Alllies really are, as SA are so poor.

Without wanting to kick SA whilst they are down in this game, I must say that this is one of the worst SA sides that I have seen in a while.
Just no cohesion between the player.

Rogers, Ethan Reid and Walters doing their chances, of being called out very early on draft night, every chance.

Hopefully the second half in a bit more even a contest.

Oh it's most likely the worst SA side I've seen on paper since I started watching back in 2002. A few great individual talents but a lot of meh, way more meh than usual from SA.

Easy inside 50s through free kicks and the dominant Allies mids are making life real easy for Walter. I don’t think Patton should have been the match up though, he should be the one getting in the way of his leads not chasing from behind.
Great call, Patton in the hole snapping one up. The lack of any real defensive setup up until this point has hurt SA.

Kermit The Frog Break GIF by Muppet Wiki

Boom😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back