U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 3 - Vic Country v South Australia (June 18, 10:35am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Just the one match this week and the Champs heads to Ikon Park in Melbourne. As always, teams via Twomey...

The changes for SA...

In: Kade Herbert, Louie Montgomery, Will McCabe, Ben Ridgway, Tom Wheaton, Phoenix Hargrave, Tyler Welsh
Out: Liam Fawcett, Trent Tattoli, Anders McShane, Harry Francis, Alex van Wyk, Declan Gladigau, Patrick Toole

Going with a bit of a different midfield mix this week, hopefully Goad gets to play the majority of the ruck minutes without van Wyk. And the underage Welsh will be partnering with Weckert in a slightly smaller forward line, I wouldn't be surprised if McCabe gets swung forward at some point.

First game of the Champs for Vic Country, aside from the obvious (Harley Reid) I'm most looking forward to seeing Joel Freijah - who I have at #5 in my rankings. I'm also fairly high on Tom Anastasopoulos, he's well inside my top 30 and it should be a good battle between him and probably Alex Holt.

Thoughts and predictions?

Wheaton to be the standout this weekend. Looking forward to watching him full of confidence after his 200 point ranking game last week.

I'm liking some of these ins for SA, (2023)McCabe, Wheaton, Ridgeway,(2024) Welsh, Hargrave and Montgomery, good to see Herbert back in too

VC are a strong unit this year, they could win it all, but they don't have any of their top talent for next year which is disappointing, I would love to see O'Sullivan, Unwin, Langford, Hynes, Lalor, Travaglia, Evans ect, even Day-Wicks is emergency and not playing? I guess the first game is to give current years talent the spotlight?

I'm liking some of these ins for SA, (2023)McCabe, Wheaton, Ridgeway,(2024) Welsh, Hargrave and Montgomery, good to see Herbert back in too

VC are a strong unit this year, they could win it all, but they don't have any of their top talent for next year which is disappointing, I would love to see O'Sullivan, Unwin, Langford, Hynes, Lalor, Travaglia, Evans ect, even Day-Wicks is emergency and not playing? I guess the first game is to give current years talent the spotlight?
As a power fan I’m loving the inclusion of Louie Montgomery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid is elite wow I don’t know if I’d trade him for the 3 first round picks now. He is putting bums in seats first year.

Anyone at the game able to tell us if theres a strong wind blowing either way? Feel like ive seen Harley Reid kick 50 comfortably but he's had a couple of shots into the clubrooms end and hasn't been able to get there both times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back