U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 4 - Western Australia v South Australia (June 24, 2pm Perth time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just that Edwards is a dominant tap ruckman at this level and regularly hits it down his throat. He probably won't get that kind of service at the next level.
He plays wafl league atm though doesn’t he?
Also he is the type that the tap should go to strong base clean hands and smart.
Could name a lot of great players that built careers around that. Do you think Petracca Oliver Bontompelli would be just average players without the service from Gawn and English?

22 McCabe ability to run of kentfield has been really really good, has set up a number of SA counter attacks Hawks have a good one there

Loving SA run out of defence

Free kick tally is 12-2 in WA's favour at half time.

It's a bit embarrassing TBH.

SA clearly the better side.

I'm sick of these state games being spoiled by dubious umpiring and I'm a WA person but I want to see the SA lads given a fair chance to excel and if warranted dominate.

I genuinely think I'd rather watch Country v Allies from 2022 again, both of these teams were more entertaining in their first games

That's a crap comment in these conditions the footy has been really good.

Pressure from both sides has been up there, there playing on a water soaked very heavy ground.

Being at the ground you can see how difficult these conditions are
Hopefully rain stays away and with this strong windy conditions the ground may start to dry out a little in second half,
but unfortunately there is some dark clouds around

He plays wafl league atm though doesn’t he?
Also he is the type that the tap should go to strong base clean hands and smart.
Could name a lot of great players that built careers around that. Do you think Petracca Oliver Bontompelli would be just average players without the service from Gawn and English?
Doesn't really make sense considering English is a terrible tap ruckman.

Free kick tally is 12-2 in WA's favour at half time.

It's a bit embarrassing TBH.

SA clearly the better side.

I'm sick of these state games being spoiled by dubious umpiring and I'm a WA person but I want to see the SA lads given a fair chance to excel and if warranted dominate.
Its more who going right side of ground will dominate i think very hard to score on left side of ground

Pressure from both sides has been up there, there playing on a water soaked very heavy ground.

Hopefully rain stays away and with this strong windy conditions the ground may start to dry out a little in second half,
I'm not taking away from the fact they're in s**t conditions, but unless they're going to be playing at Marvel Stadium every week it's not really going to get any easier from here. I can look past the fumbles, the inconsistence marking, the slipping over and the congested style of the game, but some of these missed kicks and handballs have been down right unacceptable

Its more who going right side of ground will dominate i think very hard to score on left side of ground
Mate, I'm biased to WA but not so biased that I can't see that WA are getting an armchair ride from the umps today.

I know what it feels like being on the other end of this in these state games.

I want it to be fair for both sides, nothing more or less.

Considering the slippery conditions, both sides have been relatively clean, not as many fumbles and slipping over as I as expected.

Both teams aren’t clean going inside 50.

For SA:

The backline is holding up really well, Ryan, McCabe and Patton providing plenty of run and carry. Montgomery also pushing back there too.

Draper started to get more of it that quarter, when he is getting his hands on the ball SA seem to play better. McCauliffe is a battering ram, strong as an ox, but I wonder if he has a real point of difference at AFL level. Will he end up being that one paced inside mid thats struggles at AFL like Dunstan or Trent Dumont?

Rawlinson and Wheaton showing a fair bit around the ground.

Moir & Delean not getting much of it again. The two of them are very much boom or bust type of players.

For WA:

Liked Coen Livingstone physicality and follow up in the first quarter, he drifted away a bit in the 2nd quarter.

Clay Hall looks like he has stacks of tools to make him a damaging AFL player. I like him more on the outside where he can use his running capacity and long kicking to break the lines.

Sanchez always looks dangerous inside 50, seems to always be where the ball is which is half the battle for a half forward.

Tholstrup started off really well in the first quarter but didn’t have as much impact in the 2nd quarter. Love the intensity that he brings. Little bit of Zurhaar the way he goes about it. I’d like to see him get some centre square time in the 2nd half,

Liked the ruck battle between Goad and Edwards, can see them both having better than average AFL careers. Edwards leap really stand outs and he has deft touch with hands. Probably one of the standout tap ruckman I’ve seen come though over the last few years.

Hardeman and Ferreira providing plenty across half back and up the ground. I really like Hardeman, rarely gets beaten in the one on ones but also provides some rebound.

O’Driscoll, Kelly & Fonti all showing a bit too.

Mate, I'm biased to WA but not so biased that I can't see that WA are getting an armchair ride from the umps today.

I know what it feels like being on the other end of this in these state games.

I want it to be fair for both sides, nothing more or less.
I thought wa dominated the first then sa the second
The scoring end is right side
WA should dominate this quarter then SA the last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. When I heard it was going to be a bit damp I was expecting a much worse game than this has been so far.

Every champs game so far there has been stacks of turnovers, this game has been no different, but both sides are cracking in and piling on the pressure.

I sortve have to agree with PMBangers its not great quality

I havnt noticed the umpiring being at the ground

I think both these sides are below the avg sides produced by the state and it might be a sign of the quality in this pool

There isnt a heap to take away from this game

Bhodi Ryan has a crack!
It's Bodie Ryan, cousin of Collingwood's 2nd round pick from last year Jakob Ryan from the same neck of the woods South Australia's South East region which has produced plenty of high end talent over the years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back