U18 Champs U18 Champs - Western Australia v Vic Country (June 30, 6pm Perth time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Australia v Vic Country squads
WESTERN AUSTRALIA

2 Aiden O'Driscoll
5 Koen Sanchez
7 Luke Kelly
8 Oscar Hine-Baston
9 Lance Collard
10 Austin van der Struyf
11 Riley Wills
12 Kai Dehavilland
15 Reece Torrent
16 Ashton Ferreira
17 Riley Hardeman
18 Tyler Lindberg
22 Bo Allan
23 Koltyn Tholstrup
28 Samuel van Rooyen
30 Daniel Curtin
31 Mitchell Edwards
32 Evan Smith
34 Joe Fonti
35 Clay Hall
37 Coen Livingstone
38 Lucas Kemp
39 Zane Zakostelsky

VIC COUNTRY

2 Lachlan Charleson
4 Darcy Wilson
5 Harley Reid
6 Luamon Lual
7 Joel Freijah
9 Zane Duursma
10 Kade De La Rue
11 Billy Wilson
13 Coby James
14 Kobe Shipp
15 Oscar Ryan
16 Harry Demattia
17 Archer Day-Wicks
18 Sam Lalor
19 Angus Hastie
20 Finn O’Sullivan
21 Jacob Grant
22 Archer Reid
23 George Stevens
25 Michael Rudd
35 Wil Dawson
39 Joe Pike
40 Lachlan Smith
Riak Andrew (em
g)
Oliver Poole (emg)
Thomas Anastasopoulos (emg)

Im backing in my boy as lonng as he didnt get injured last week

Lance Collard to dance

Big gane for him, finally looks like a dry game and against an opponent that may be the easiest

3 goals + and some hype

Wonder if Dan Curtain goes to KPD again to play on someone like A.Reid. Would allow more mid time for say a Koltyn Tholstrup which would be good to see

Also be interesting Hind Bastein likely to take Reid in the goal square could be a tough challenge for him

Last edited:
I feel like both teams have only gotten started so far. Should be a cracker!

Vic Country by 4 goals in a high scoring affair.

Vic Country dominated first half of that quarter then WA steadied late in quarter and started to get territory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Edwards getting a lot of work maybe came in with a injury

Van Roonen has a lot to work with

De Mattia looking good

A lot of people on our board say Duursma has more potential at the next level compared to someone like Mckercher. I'd take the Tasmanian any day of the week. Duursma seems to vanish for large stages of games despite a moment of brilliance now and then

Haven't been watching as closely as I should be, watching Starc terrorize the poms a higher priority atm but anyone else thinking the same?

A lot of people on our board say Duursma has more potential at the next level compared to someone like Mckercher. I'd take the Tasmanian any day of the week. Duursma seems to vanish for large stages of games despite a moment of brilliance now and then

Haven't been watching as closely as I should be, watching Starc terrorize the poms a higher priority atm but anyone else thinking the same?
Personally I haven't been judging them by the same criteria, I'm not sure if that's fair or not. I see Duursma as someone who has some natural tools but is still developing his midfield craft. Started the season as a 70/30 split playing mostly forward and is transitioning into more midfield time.

McKercher is a pure midfielder who knows all the tricks already.

Love how the under 18s can kick the ball low, long and fast to hit targets inside 50 or good spots. Yet AFL players choose bomb it high to packs with a 100 year hang time or cannot hit the side of a barn. Watch that skill get coached out of them at the next level.

Was a great kick inside 50 just before.

Personally I haven't been judging them by the same criteria, I'm not sure if that's fair or not. I see Duursma as someone who has some natural tools but is still developing his midfield craft. Started the season as a 70/30 split playing mostly forward and is transitioning into more midfield time.

McKercher is a pure midfielder who knows all the tricks already.
Fair call, I love a bit of Mckercher I must say, so probably a bit bias with how I judge them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back