U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 2 - Allies v Western Australia (June 11, 1205pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside 50 count almost even. Allies showed how to hit targets or kick long to advantage after quarter time. WA butchered almost every potential easy kick hit up they had forward of centre.

Lot's of draft stocks took a hit.

Honourable mentions to Curtin, Torrent, Edwards, Sanchez, Hardeman & Kelly.
Hall was also good

I have been watching Tasmanian draftees since Kade Kolodjashnij draft, and Sanders and McKercher are the best midfielders we have produced by miles. We have not been good at producing mids though, so nice to see two guns coming through and will be in their prime when Tassie comes into the team. They are both ahead of what Chayce Jones was doing in his draft year - he is probably the next best midfielder we had in that 10 years - and he had a pretty strong draft year and was a top 10 pick.

I have been watching Tasmanian draftees since Kade Kolodjashnij draft, and Sanders and McKercher are the best midfielders we have produced by miles. We have not been good at producing mids though, so nice to see two guns coming through and will be in their prime when Tassie comes into the team. They are both ahead of what Chayce Jones was doing in his draft year - he is probably the next best midfielder we had in that 10 years - and he had a pretty strong draft year and was a top 10 pick.
Was Thomas not a midfielder at U18 level?

Has there been any signs of Mckercher developing his right peg this year? I saw a couple of kicks on his right today and looked pretty rubbish. A clean user like him it opens up the game so much more and lets him run different patterns rather than always favouring his left.

Read potentially the best player of the lot I reckon , but no one is bidding on a ruck with pick 2

Walter gets taken first …maybe around pick 2 , Read 6-8 and I think Mckercher might get taken around 5

Sanders pushing top 10 , some might rate him higher

The defenders for allies are looking good too , pretty much all of them with O’Connor the leader … need to see how they go against better opposition

WA applied alot pf pressure early then dropped off … never got their offence going though which hurt them

Has there been any signs of Mckercher developing his right peg this year? I saw a couple of kicks on his right today and looked pretty rubbish. A clean user like him it opens up the game so much more and lets him run different patterns rather than always favouring his left.

Nope, it’s the biggest deficiency in his game. Very very one sided. Reminds me of how one sided Polec was.

Nope, it’s the biggest deficiency in his game. Very very one sided. Reminds me of how one sided Polec was.
Mm hopefully he can address it. The amount of times Merrett would get caught out if he wasn't dual footed would hugely effect his game. Luckily Mckercher is probably a bit more athletically gifted which means he can get out of trouble easier but it still opens up the game for players like him greatly.

Mm hopefully he can address it. The amount of times Merrett would get caught out if he wasn't dual footed would hugely effect his game. Luckily Mckercher is probably a bit more athletically gifted which means he can get out of trouble easier but it still opens up the game for players like him greatly.

Yeah, from what I have seen, he backs himself to break away and create space for himself to get it away on the left. Also have noticed if he gets tackled, he's often got enough strength + the vision to get handballs away effectively. Won't be as easy at AFL level but he does look very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKercher reminds me quite alot of a young Marc Murphy.

Hasn’t seemed to have affected Dusty’s career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back