Play Nice WADA v Essendon 34: Guilty, 2 Yr Susp. (backdated to Mar 2015). Affects 17 current AFL plyrs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one bites the dust

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/nrl-suspends-martin-kennedy-20259/#aumKCjabagSAp263.97

The NRL announced on Thursday that Martin Kennedy has been suspended for 2 years and 9 months under the League’s Anti-Doping Policy.
The Anti-Doping Tribunal, chaired by former High Court Judge, The Hon Ian Callinan AC QC, found that Mr Kennedy had committed the following violations of the Anti-Doping Policy:
TOP STORIES
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Attempted use of SARMS S22
  • Attempted use of Growth Hormone
  • Attempted Use of Chorionic Gonadotrophin
  • Attempted Use of Insulin

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/nrl-suspends-martin-kennedy-20259/#JGzepoPk84CwJt0p.99
Good result! No place for cheats in sport.

Doesn't matter. NOT ONE of those tested chose to list injections they were receiving as part of the doping regime under Hird et al. yet a couple of them happily put down panadol or vitamin injections. It was clearly a group directive to say nothing. That is ultimately what saw them receive no discount for no significant fault.

They are all innocent in body and soul, the biggest injustice caused is you and many many others to fret about criminals that weren't. Name your compensation, see if we can negotiate a deal.

They are all innocent in body and soul, the biggest injustice caused is you and many many others to fret about criminals that weren't. Name your compensation, see if we can negotiate a deal.

Body: "Yeah because Ribena will give you six kilos of lean muscle and make you run like Carl ******* Lewis'
Soul: "The players had received anti-doping education through the AFL"

They are not criminals in that they have not committed a crime under state or federal statutes however they are now, and always will be known as drug cheats. Had one of your senior list, like Jobe or Dustin bothered to enquire they would not have placed vulnerable youth in harms way.

Your board, your former part time high flying coach and the rabble your team employed without due diligence are where the injustice to the players lay, not us foamers

Body: "Yeah because Ribena will give you six kilos of lean muscle and make you run like Carl ******* Lewis'

They are not criminals in that they have not committed a crime under state or federal statutes however they are now, and always will be known as drug cheats. Had one of your senior list, like Jobe or Dustin bothered to enquire they would not have placed vulnerable youth in harms way.

Your board, your former part time high flying coach and the rabble your team employed without due diligence are where the injustice to the players lay, not us foamers
What do you mean?

I think I mentioned way back at the start I talked to someone in the "sports science" industry. It is a small community in Australia.

His opinion was that it stank to high heaven, that no sports person would go through a program like that and not be suspicious or at least get on Google and look up the names of the drugs. We now know that Vitamins raised concerns along with other players. It is unbelievable that the players are saying they didn't even type a drug name into their phone's web browser.

Some players opted out, so you can't say it was forced on them. They knew it was sus. They played dumb when caught, pretending to cooperate.

Lucky to get only a year off the field.

I think I mentioned way back at the start I talked to someone in the "sports science" industry. It is a small community in Australia.

His opinion was that it stank to high heaven, that no sports person would go through a program like that and not be suspicious or at least get on Google and look up the names of the drugs. We now know that Vitamins raised concerns along with other players. It is unbelievable that the players are saying they didn't even type a drug name into their phone's web browser.

Some players opted out, so you can't say it was forced on them. They knew it was sus. They played dumb when caught, pretending to cooperate.

Lucky to get only a year off the field.

So sweet. The cream. The cream.

Essendon players were drug cheats.

Pretty obvious when you look at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That ought to teach them.... not

A organisation dopes 34 players (and potentially others), has no idea what was injected into the players, and all they are fined is 200k? What a joke of a system
put it in context. Grocon put up a wall that collapsed and actually killed two people. They got a fine only $50k more.

Put it back in your pants

Work cover took it as far as I know as they usually do to the magistrates court. Maximum fine circa 300k. To get a fine larger than that they have to take it to county court which for whatever reason they didn't. Another relevant case was the grocon wall collapse in Carlton that killed 3 people the fine was $250k.

I was going to use that example but didn't know the details (and I'm too lazy to track them down). If three deaths = $250k fine then you couldn't expect Essendon to cop the full whack.

I was going to use that example but didn't know the details (and I'm too lazy to track them down). If three deaths = $250k fine then you couldn't expect Essendon to cop the full whack.

I'm not sure but i think its not as simple as adding up the damage.
It would also be to do with the nature and magnitude of the negligence.

Thinking about it subjectively ," injecting unknown substances into employee's " is pretty bad, and certainly not something you do by mistake or by negligence alone.
If the substances were in fact "not unknown" then the club needs to produce evidence.

The difference being grocon shared fault with the signage company (who have yet to go to court to face the music and cop their fine).

So it's not an apples for apples comparison because EFC were 100% to blame for the OHS failings.

Grocon didn't put up the wall (or the sign), take it out of your pants so we can giggle.
hahaha fantastic! It was a Grocon construction site! It was their subcontractor who put it up.

That's like saying that Essendon aren't responsible for the supplements program because they didn't inject the TB4, Dank did! LOL

The difference being grocon shared fault with the signage company (who have yet to go to court to face the music and cop their fine).

So it's not an apples for apples comparison because EFC were 100% to blame for the OHS failings.
by your logic no they weren't, Dank was a subcontractor!! DERP

That's like saying that Essendon aren't responsible for the supplements program because they didn't inject the TB4, Dank did! LOL

But James said only just recently at the ethics center in Sydney that "we" saw pictures and spreadsheets referring to Thymomodulin

How can you be so certain that Dank injected TB4 into the players stomachs?

If TB4 turns out to be a banned WADA substance then there is a good chance that the players may well Receive "Show Cause Notices" you know. Maybe even infractions if Andruska gets wind of this.

I haven't been following this Particular issue for some time now, but you could be onto something mate.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/nrl-suspends-martin-kennedy-20259/#aumKCjabagSAp263.97

The NRL announced on Thursday that Martin Kennedy has been suspended for 2 years and 9 months under the League’s Anti-Doping Policy.
The Anti-Doping Tribunal, chaired by former High Court Judge, The Hon Ian Callinan AC QC, found that Mr Kennedy had committed the following violations of the Anti-Doping Policy:
TOP STORIES
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Attempted use of SARMS S22
  • Attempted use of Growth Hormone
  • Attempted Use of Chorionic Gonadotrophin
  • Attempted Use of Insulin

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/nrl-suspends-martin-kennedy-20259/#JGzepoPk84CwJt0p.99
I give the NRL credit when and where credit due.
They do punish drug cheats and don't hide behind a 3 strike rule or try and sweep the problem under the rug, unlike the AFL.

It's just another 200k on top of an ever increasing pile of debts. I'm positive this is why the AFL isn't punishing them further. There's no point, they're f***ed for the foreseeable future anyway.

But that's not all it is.
If a player wants to sue Essendon , they have the findings of a case against work cover that they can cite.

Example. Essendon "we didn't do it , its not our fault, we are Essendon ffs we're really important. " , Litigation Lawyer : "this proves you did and it is"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back