C: Hille McGinnity Mutimer
HF: Lamb McInnes Ameduri
F: Wright Lycett Jones
R: Giles Maginness Partington
I: Snadden North Eaton Samelko Watson Miller Waite
spacer.gif

In: Wright, Hodgson, Eaton, Samelko, Watson, Miller, Waite, North
spacer.gif

Out: Wellingham, Masten, Karpany, Redden, Hill (all WCE)

With Eagles emergencies to come back in Watson is probably set to play reserves again, he was on managed minutes last week so hopefully he can play a full game this time round. Hopefully Snadden holds his spot.

No Bayok in the reserves so his "hammy tightness" is probably a bit more serious than that, surprise surprise.

Oh McInnes, Lycett, Giles and Jones? I was hoping something would give there.

Hopefully Lycett starts hitting his stride soon and plays for West Coast.
Eagles don't like stars playing reserves but Lycett doesn't deserve to play league at East Perth.Too many players this year playing managed time.If you have to play managed time the best place is in the reserves where they play 23 players and only 28 minutes a quarter.

Last edited:
B: Hart Gorter Rotham
HB: Butler Blee Hodgson
C: Hille McGinnity Mutimer
HF: Lamb McInnes Ameduri
F: Wright Lycett Jones
R: Giles Maginness Partington
I: Snadden North Eaton Samelko Watson Miller Waite
spacer.gif

In: Wright, Hodgson, Eaton, Samelko, Watson, Miller, Waite, North
spacer.gif

Out: Wellingham, Masten, Karpany, Redden, Hill (all WCE)

With Eagles emergencies to come back in Watson is probably set to play reserves again, he was on managed minutes last week so hopefully he can play a full game this time round. Hopefully Snadden holds his spot.

No Bayok in the reserves so his "hammy tightness" is probably a bit more serious than that, surprise surprise.

Watson should be in the reserves again - didn't look ready to come up to league from what I saw last week. Very underdone

Think Snadden will hold his spot especially since only 2 AFL emergencies will come back as one will be held over for the Eagles game that night. Means 12 Eagles players with Snadden after 15 took the field against Subiaco

Oh McInnes, Lycett, Giles and Jones? I was hoping something would give there.

Hopefully Lycett starts hitting his stride soon and plays for West Coast.

They're basically playing 3 rucks plus Mcinness which is one too many on all honesty but Jones has been playing well and doesn't deserve to be dropped

As you say they need Lycett to step up so he can be moved to seniors to replace Petrie who can be more effective as a permanent forward

Watson should be in the reserves again - didn't look ready to come up to league from what I saw last week. Very underdone

Think Snadden will hold his spot especially since only 2 AFL emergencies will come back as one will be held over for the Eagles game that night. Means 12 Eagles players with Snadden after 15 took the field against Subiaco

They're basically playing 3 rucks plus Mcinness which is one too many on all honesty but Jones has been playing well and doesn't deserve to be dropped

As you say they need Lycett to step up so he can be moved to seniors to replace Petrie who can be more effective as a permanent forward

IT would work if they played either Mcinnes or Lycett as mainly forwards and either move Lamb to play backline or reserves.Eventually Jones will go back to the ressies if/when Nic nat plays this year but it shows why having all your players in one side doesn't mean they could or should play wafl together due to balance.If matthew Allen and Waterman were not injured how would you fit them in the team or who would you drop to the reserves.Is playing at East Perth primarily to develop younger players or is it first and formost the vehicle for players who are vying to get a Afl game.

IT would work if they played either Mcinnes or Lycett as mainly forwards and either move Lamb to play backline or reserves.Eventually Jones will go back to the ressies if/when Nic nat plays this year but it shows why having all your players in one side doesn't mean they could or should play wafl together due to balance.If matthew Allen and Waterman were not injured how would you fit them in the team or who would you drop to the reserves.Is playing at East Perth primarily to develop younger players or is it first and formost the vehicle for players who are vying to get a Afl game.
Unfortunately thats the issue with allignment and thats why we deserve our on reserves side.

Do you do it?

No, a guy I play cricket with does for a WAFL club. He also had some experience doing some AFL pre-season games this year with Champion Data.

[]
Unfortunately thats the issue with allignment and thats why we deserve our on reserves side.
It isn't a alignment issue.When nic nat comes back and Jones (non eagle) is dropped you still will have one too many talls and that is with Allen and Waterman both injured.If every eagle was available for senior selection it would be a very unbalanced side.

I would like to see Lamb be given a go in defence at EP like Liam Jones was at Carlton. I think he would be a better mark playing the intercept CHB role. The guy is listed as 193 cm and I believe he has probably grown some. Check out the start of year photo and not much difference with Barrass, McInnes McGovern and Tommy. He was playing HBF for some games in the U18 carnival before he grew some more. Worth a punt in my opinion.

upload_2017-6-23_9-27-51.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Lamb be given a go in defence at EP like Liam Jones was at Carlton. I think he would be a better mark playing the intercept CHB role. The guy is listed as 193 cm and I believe he has probably grown some. Check out the start of year photo and not much difference with Barrass, McInnes McGovern and Tommy. He was playing HBF for some games in the U18 carnival before he grew some more. Worth a punt in my opinion.

View attachment 384665
Good chance he might be on his Tippy toes.

Watson, Snadden and Rotham all absent from the EP reserves team listed on the WAFL site so looks like they've all made the cut and will be playing league

Will be 13 Eagles players lining up in the league and none in the reserves

Watson, Snadden and Rotham all absent from the EP reserves team listed on the WAFL site so looks like they've all made the cut and will be playing league

Will be 13 Eagles players lining up in the league and none in the reserves

Have you done the numbers enough to know if there will be 1 or 2 emergencies held over for west coast?

Many of you here heading to the game? Taking my son to his first footy game. Want to see first hand why Partington isn't getting picked.

You and me both

Looked a long way off in the half of footy I saw from him last week
I think too many Eagles have come into the league side too early after managed time in the ressies.Also think Lycett should have played ressies and work his way into the league side.The Eagles seem to want elevate guys too early.Classic example is Cripps who came back weeks early and wasn't ready to play afl so soon.

Many of you here heading to the game? Taking my son to his first footy game. Want to see first hand why Partington isn't getting picked.
Going to bassendean for the first time in over 30 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back