Wall-E

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw it last night.

WOW

Animation is stunning.

How they were able to relay so much personality and character and emotion with so few words was incredible. I litterly spent the first hour of the movie with a huge smile on my face, so many awesome little moments.

This is a shoe in for the best animated film at the Oscars. That's a given. What will be interesting to see if it gets nominated for Best Picture. It's that good.

It looks really good. The ads have been really short and really fast which is annoying. After some efforts like the Incredibles, I hope this Pixar is as good as the reviews are saying it is.

I saw this move this evening.

It is the best movie of 2008 IMHO.

It is difficult to describe the emotions one feels when watching a masterpiece such as this. How a movie with hardly any dialogue (and hardly any humans)can have you so transfixed, is a testament to a remarkable film.

I am seeing it this weekend. All of the reviews I have seen have been 9/10 - I have set my standards very high but I am sure I won't be dissapointed.

I have set my standards very high but I am sure I won't be dissapointed.

I did the same thing and WAS slightly disappointed. First half of the movie was brilliant, but IMO dropped off quite a bit in the second half.

Still really enjoyed it but don't go in expecting it to be the best movie you will ever see.

Freakishly I had a dream last night that I was watching Wall-E at the cinema. I ordered some kinda weird flavoured Tea, but they gave me a coffee.... I was pissed off so I got angry and waited for my weird Tea. That made me late getting into the cinema.

The cinema was bizarre. If you imagine a stand like a football ground, and sitting on the wing was directly in the front of the movie, I had to sit in the forward pocket! And their was construction infront of me! So I could barely even see the screen.

But this didn't really matter because I'd already seen the movie...

...Except I haven't really seen it...

No idea what that dream was about but that was basically it! :)

...so I figure I will need to see it at some point so that this isn't my last memory of it...

I just took my niece to see it.It's a very good movie.Amazing that there's barely any human voices in the movie.I think Fred Willard,Jeff Garlin,John Ratzenberger [in every Pixar movie] and some woman are about the only voices you hear.

I liked the little cartoon before the movie.It's called Presto
[YOUTUBE]4hDRmTk82PI[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked it but didn't see it as a comedy. I thought it was slightly disturbing and was more of a poem or meditation, I know that sounds w***erish but with the lack of dialogue it just seemed that way to me. I think everyone else in the cinema thought it was funny but in truth I hated the "funny" bits. I think this is an adults arthouse movie masquerading as a kids movie

I did the same thing and WAS slightly disappointed. First half of the movie was brilliant, but IMO dropped off quite a bit in the second half.

Still really enjoyed it but don't go in expecting it to be the best movie you will ever see.

Spot on. Loved the first half, but thought the movie lost its way once they got to the "space ship".

I saw it on the weekend and have mixed views.

I was impressed with the storyline and the messages in it. I can see why it is getting the rave reviews and why it will be an Oscar contender.

However, I agree with Rod - the humour just wasn't there. Most Pixar films have the simple comedy (for everyone) and then the subtle humour that kids wouldn't pick up. I expected a few more laughts to be honest.

I noticed the audience as they were coming in the cinema - most of them were families and some of the kids were really young. During the "quiet periods", you could hear all the comments from the kids. Most sounded bored or were asking questions. I think the story became a little too complicated for most of the kids and they were just keen to laugh at the noises.

Great animation...

Also sends a hidden msg to all the kids... I thought the take it had on soceity being fat and lazy in the future was really funny.

I noticed the audience as they were coming in the cinema - most of them were families and some of the kids were really young. During the "quiet periods", you could hear all the comments from the kids. Most sounded bored or were asking questions. I think the story became a little too complicated for most of the kids and they were just keen to laugh at the noises.

I totally agree with this

Didn't really have any expectations of wall-e but I thought it was great. I liked how it had a message but it wasn't too much in your face. The best character was the captain.:thumbsu:

Got round to seeing this one, I thought the first half was excellent stuff, very enjoyable, probably lost its way a bit as it went on, perhaps it would have worked better as a 30-50 minute short?

Great stuff though, all in all.

Brilliant movie. Definately the best computer animated film I have seen. Who cares if it was too deep for five year olds? They can see it in ten years and understand how extraordinary it is.

It looks really good. The ads have been really short and really fast which is annoying. After some efforts like the Incredibles, I hope this Pixar is as good as the reviews are saying it is.

Good or bad? My boy loves The Incredibles. The number of Lego Omnidroids we have built to chase Dash and Mr Incredible figurines around...

I watched it last night and loved it. Definately a lot deeper than I expected, expected more dialogue as well but liked that about it. Animation was mind blowing. Storyline was fantastic. Personally I thought there was plenty of humour about it and didnt think it lost anything when they went to space. Definately their most 'adult' film to date.

Would rate it probably 2nd or 3rd of Pixar films.

Will be interesting to see what UP is like.

To all those with Blu Ray players and PS3s, I would like to heartily recommend buying this.

The picture quality is absolutely incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back