Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think launching missiles that get shot down with zero/low civilian casualties is a war crime
Use of indiscriminate artillery to fire at non-specific targets or using means that can't discriminately take out legitimate military targets is a war crime. If actually prosecuted, almost every single Hamas rocket attack would be a war crime... if not all.
Israel were still killing more than their neighbours before Iron Dome was built.

You guys are really good at it ignoring history and timelines.
Because they have better military. In what world would they deliberately lose fights just so they can take the moral victory? Drop the iron dome and let your civilians die in the tens of thousands for the moral victory. Strange metric you use to portray Israel as worse than their neighbours.

Use of indiscriminate artillery to fire at non-specific targets or using means that can't discriminately take out legitimate military targets is a war crime. If actually prosecuted, almost every single Hamas rocket attack would be a war crime... if not all.

Because they have better military. In what world would they deliberately lose fights just so they can take the moral victory? Drop the iron dome and let your civilians die in the tens of thousands for the moral victory. Strange metric you use to portray Israel as worse than their neighbours.

The metric? Israel regularly bombs refugee camps, hospitals and schools.

Agreed, but we were discussing the recent Iran 'attack'.

Israel were still killing more than their neighbours before Iron Dome was built.

You guys are really good at it ignoring history and timelines.

Kinda like you ignoring Palestine's constant incursions into Lebanon which lead to a 15 year Civil War which cost 150,000 lives and allowed Hezbollah to establish its terrorist regime in Lebanon.

Seems you love to ignore some history too.

Kinda like you ignoring Palestine's constant incursions into Lebanon which lead to a 15 year Civil War which cost 150,000 lives and allowed Hezbollah to establish its terrorist regime in Lebanon.

Seems you love to ignore some history too.

This thread specifically relates to Israel/Hamas. You could start a thread for that, instead of whataboutisming in here.

This thread specifically relates to Israel/Hamas. You could start a thread for that, instead of whataboutisming in here.

A conflict in which Hezbollah are part of.

Maybe you need to brush up on your timelines.

I mean this is from yesterday...

"At least 18 people were wounded when a drone fired by Hezbollah slammed into a building in Northern Israel on Wednesday

Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the attack and said it had used drones and missiles to target a building being used by the Israeli military."

A conflict in which Hezbollah are part of.

Maybe you need to brush up on your timelines.

I mean this is from yesterday...

"At least 18 people were wounded when a drone fired by Hezbollah slammed into a building in Northern Israel on Wednesday

Hezbollah claimed responsibility for the attack and said it had used drones and missiles to target a building being used by the Israeli military."

We've got a bit of room in here but we can do without squabbling over 75 years of really complex history.

Hamas often fires rockets from these locations. Do you think they just shoot into them for fun with absolutely no justification whatsoever?

If there was a terrorist at Melbourne Childrens Hospital, would you be happy dropping bombs on it?

Why would it be a different answer for Gaza Childrens Hospital?

The metric? Israel regularly bombs refugee camps, hospitals and schools.

Would it be safe to say you definitely would have spoken out against any state or actor who had bombed those exact targets in cities with predominantly Palestinian populations? You definitely would have spoken out against anyone who withheld power / water from Palestinian civilians right?

Can you answer yes to all of this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got a bit of room in here but we can do without squabbling over 75 years of really complex history.

Hezbollah are a are a modern thing.

They gained their rise to power due to Palestinians actions in Lebanon.

They attacked Israel yesterday.

This has nothing to do with 75 years ago.

Hezbollah are a are a modern thing.

They gained their rise to power due to Palestinians actions in Lebanon.

They attacked Israel yesterday.

This has nothing to do with 75 years ago.

You posted this and which I'm not sure if "incursions" is the right word to use when many Palestinian refugees ended up Lebanon.

Hi Kurve
I know you got lambasted for stating that there was evidence of mass rape and beheading of children in the society board and I understand that there's an intense agenda going on there. I noticed you mentioned that there was evidence that babies were beheaded and that there was mass rape, can you post some sources please. Thanks.

If there was a terrorist at Melbourne Childrens Hospital, would you be happy dropping bombs on it?

Why would it be a different answer for Gaza Childrens Hospital?
Im not happy dropping bombs anywhere... especially hospitals. As far as I am aware, Israel hasn't directly bombed a hospital in this war? I know they have sieged hospitals, and hospitals have been damaged, but I dont think Israel has directly bombed one. The only one that got directly bombed seems to have come from a rocket miss fire within Gaza. But its possible I missed a story about it.

But as far as war crimes are concerned, my understanding is hospitals lose their protection when they are used by the enemy to inflict harm. So if a terrorist unit takes over a hospital and is shooting rockets from it for example, it probably wouldn't be a war crime to bomb it... as horrible as that is.

You posted this and which I'm not sure if "incursions" is the right word to use when many Palestinian refugees ended up Lebanon.

The PLO were conducting attacks into and within Lebanon to destabilise that country.

What word should I have used to describe those actions?

Incursions seems pretty spot on.

owen87 upon reading Ghost's posts....View attachment 1962749

I hadn't even been on BigFooty since about 5pm yesterday until about 10 minutes ago. So... not quite.

Also if you think Ghost Patrol's posts are analogous to Bostonian literally advocating for the commission of war crimes I'm not sure what planet you're living on.

Im not happy dropping bombs anywhere... especially hospitals. As far as I am aware, Israel hasn't directly bombed a hospital in this war? I know they have sieged hospitals, and hospitals have been damaged, but I dont think Israel has directly bombed one. The only one that got directly bombed seems to have come from a rocket miss fire within Gaza. But its possible I missed a story about it.

But as far as war crimes are concerned, my understanding is hospitals lose their protection when they are used by the enemy to inflict harm. So if a terrorist unit takes over a hospital and is shooting rockets from it for example, it probably wouldn't be a war crime to bomb it... as horrible as that is.

Thats the thing about the junket journalism, they omit a lot of things. Thats probably why you aren’t aware.

Edit follow the links on Jasons post.

Thats the thing about the junket journalism, they omit a lot of things. Thats probably why you aren’t aware.

Edit follow the links on Jasons post.
I didn't see any reports of hospitals being directly targeted with bombs in those reports. Can you find a single report from those links that hasn't been mentioned in mainstream articles?

I didn't see any reports of hospitals being directly targeted with bombs in those reports. Can you find a single report from those links that hasn't been mentioned in mainstream articles?

Yes.

Regardless, there are reports. Why did you say you werent aware if mainstream have covered them?

Medical facilities and their surrounding areas have repeatedly been hit by Israeli Forces and been subjected to evacuation orders in different parts of Gaza, particularly in the north, making access to, and the provision of, healthcare too dangerous. Several hospitals where MSF was working have been through this situation: the Indonesian hospital in north Gaza had to be evacuated in October. Al-Shifa hospital, Gaza’s largest, was hit and the staff were forced to evacuate in November. Then Al Awda hospital, MSF’s partner hospital since 2018, was hit and three doctors, two of them were among our staff, were killed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back