Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Further, on this, you really need to learn the difference between context and justification.

Unless you believe the behaviour of Hamas is completely normal for someone under occupation I'd suggest you are the one that needs to understand what context is.

No, it's context. Oct 7 did not happen in a vacuum, as you keep trying to imply.
Nothing happens in a vacuum. Can you explain exactly what you mean when you say "October 7 did not happen in a vacuum". Because this sounds like you are an apologist for the October 7th attacks. But maybe you mean it in some other so would be nice to hear your explanation on why you say "Oct 7 did not happen in a vacuum".

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Can you explain exactly what you mean when you say "October 7 did not happen in a vacuum". Because this sounds like you are an apologist for the October 7th attacks.

The apartheid that you keep refusing to acknowledge is context. As is the belligerent occupation, by Israel.

Are you pro-apartheid, or an apartheid denier Jazny?

No, it's context. Oct 7 did not happen in a vacuum, as you keep trying to imply.

You probably need to understand the difference between context and justification if you truly believe that.

Context would be Hamas going after the IDF military.

Massacaring kids, grand parents and going on a rampage is never framed by any context no matter how much you try and attempt to paint it as such.

Ukranians have suffered occupation from Russians for over 100 years, they've had millions of their people starved, they've been attacked and invaded by the 3rd largest military in the world for 10 years straight now.

Ukranians do not waltz across the border and massacre / rape civilians en masse. Their repsonsse has largely been targeted politically and also at Russian military interests.

You probably need to understand the difference between context and justification if you truly believe that.

Context would be Hamas going after the IDF military.

Massacaring kids, grand parents and going on a rampage is never framed by any context no matter how much you try and attempt to paint it as such.

Ukranians have suffered occupation from Russians for over 100 years, they've had millions of their people starved, they've been attacked and invaded by the 3rd largest military in the world for 10 years straight now.

Ukranians do not waltz across the border and massacre / rape civilians en masse. Their repsonsse has largely been targeted politically and also at Russian military interests.

Do some research - throughout history, there are many more cases of IDF raping Palestinians, than there are of Hamas raping Israelis.

That would be additional context btw. Not justification.

Do some research - throughout history, there are many more cases of IDF raping Palestinians, than there are of Hamas raping Israelis.

This is your response? That there is "context" to Hamas going on a rampage of sexual violence on Oct 7? Seriously?

Is there any other Hamas rhetoric you would like to repeat for us all?

This is your response? That there is "context" to Hamas going on a rampage of sexual violence on Oct 7? Seriously?

Is there any other Hamas rhetoric you would like to repeat for us all?

Israel hold thousands of Palestinian hostages. Have done for years, many of them children. Many cases of those children being sexually assaulted by their Israeli captors.

It's very easy to research this Zidane. I'd be very surprised if you didn't know all this already.

Israel hold thousands of Palestinian hostages. Have done for years, many of them children. Many cases of those children being sexually assaulted by their Israeli captors.

It's very easy to research this Zidane. I'd be very surprised if you didn't know all this already.

Thanks for providing the "context" for us all to the sexual violence committed by Hamas on Oct 7 for all members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is there is/was sexual violence on both sides, but you keep ignoring all that has been done by the Israelis.

Why is that?

Keep digging that hole. Remind me who it was that wants Israel forced to accept an independent Palestinian state, who wants Israel forced to face a war crimes commission for their actions in this war.

You on the other hand can't even begin to condemn Hamas without mentioning Israel about 34252 times.

It's pretty clear that you can't view this conflict from a neutral, unbiased position and that everything you post is pretty much colored by Hamas rhetoric.

Keep digging that hole. Remind me who it was that wants Israel forced to accept an independent Palestinian state, who wants Israel forced to face a war crimes commission for their actions in this war.

You on the other hand can't even begin to condemn Hamas without mentioning Israel about 34252 times.

It's pretty clear that you can't view this conflict from a neutral, unbiased position and that everything you post is pretty much colored by Hamas rhetoric.

From memory I condemned Hamas on October 8.

Since then we have seen what, 40,000+ Palestinians killed. Thousands of IDF war crimes, many of them live streamed or posted to social media by IDF soldiers.

So I'll keep condemning Israel, while they keep doing war crimes. Meanwhile, you are still stuck on Oct 7 for some reason.
You are like some frozen time glitch. Groundhog ZiDay.

Unless you believe the behaviour of Hamas is completely normal for someone under occupation I'd suggest you are the one that needs to understand what context is.

You don't think a long-running military occupation of a people is going to result in the creation of armed resistance / terrorist groups?

Personally I think the appearance of Hamas (or similar groups) is entirely predictable, and the longer running and more brutal the occupation, the more brutal the group that appears.

And, since you seem to struggle with this part, no that does not mean I support Hamas, or believe their actions are justified. Again, context versus justification.

the situation within which something exists or happens, and that can help explain it

a good reason or explanation for something

For clarity. These are two very different things.

You don't think a long-running military occupation of a people is going to result in the creation of armed resistance / terrorist groups?

Personally I think the appearance of Hamas (or similar groups) is entirely predictable, and the longer running and more brutal the occupation, the more brutal the group that appears.

And, since you seem to struggle with this part, no that does not mean I support Hamas, or believe their actions are justified. Again, context versus justification.

Not at all. Ukraine has suffered much worse at the hands of Russians. You don't see Ukranians doing anything remotely similar to what Hamas does.

This is not withstanding the fact that the Arab league and states surrounding Israel chose to declare war on Israel in 1948 instead of accepting their own independent state and peace. If you are going to apply the same standard to Hamas as what you do to Israel than all of Israel's actions post the 1948 war are all in the context of a state who had its neighbors choose war over peace.

The apartheid that you keep refusing to acknowledge is context. As is the belligerent occupation, by Israel.

Are you pro-apartheid, or an apartheid denier Jazny?
Ghost Patrol why are you dodging the question?

I haven't heard a good argument that Israel is an apartheid state.

Ghost Patrol why are you dodging the question?

I haven't heard a good argument that Israel is an apartheid state.

Your post contained no question marks. As such, it's a dodgy question.

You have been provided with plenty of evidence previously, which you refused to acknowledge.

Not at all. Ukraine has suffered much worse at the hands of Russians. You don't see Ukranians doing anything remotely similar to what Hamas does.

This is not withstanding the fact that the Arab league and states surrounding Israel chose to declare war on Israel in 1948 instead of accepting their own independent state and peace. If you are going to apply the same standard to Hamas as what you do to Israel than all of Israel's actions post the 1948 war are all in the context of a state who had its neighbors choose war over peace.

Again. Context isn't justification.

The 'context' of the existence of Hamas is the long-running occupation of Palestinian territories by Israel. Yes, it is complex because Israel was a nation shoehorned in to an already occupied region by the British / the UN (which weirdly, Israel are happy to accept their authority for that particular resolution but not all the other stuff) that was attacked by nations surrounding it.

What's going on in Ukraine with regards to Russia might be somewhat related for a comparison, but does not really have any bearing on the context of Israel or Palestine given they're entirely different regions, peoples, and histories.

Note, once again, this is not justification for the actions taken by Hamas or other militant groups.

If Israel wishes to be compared to Hamas as a standard then that's fine by me, seems the ICC is comfortable doing that and wanting arrest warrants issued for the leaders of both given the myriad of war crimes.

In the middle of all this however, are a lot of innocent civilians, particularly the ~2.2m stateless Palestinian ones that are being herded into refugee camps, bombed and starved on a daily basis.

I condemned them again on Jan 16. It's searchable.

Anyways Zev. What were you thinking?

Wrong person to ask, don't know anything about the ICC.

I have no problem with Netanyahu and Gallant facing trials if need be after Netanyahu's trial and sentence (if found guilty) is completed in Israel.

Strange that you would publicly announce you were applying for a warrant. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back