Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t understand the disdain on Dom Cassisi and likely would make a good director. The way I see it, he:
1. Was our captain and I respect him for achieving such an honour.
2. Is well educated in management and finance.
3. Is currently a director and has the necessary skills to be a director.
4. Understands football and the Port Adelaide Football Club, although you don’t need to be a past player to be on the Board.

The only thing is he should go through the member vote process like Tredrea. I voted for Tredrea and would vote for Cassisi.
Have you heard him speak about anything over the last five years or so?

Was a mediocre loser as a captain, is a mediocre loser as a fan, and would be a mediocre loser as a board member.

Absolutely, first time I can recall seeing koch look like he was not feeling to be the most confident, surest man in the room.
It was the classic action of when someone's been bullying or an arsehole to someone else and then finds themselves in a situation where they need to pretend like it never happened and hope the other person doesn't give it back now that they are equals. Like a kid you watched a mate dominate at basketball and constantly give s**t too but then the kid grew and improved and found himself on the same team threatening your mates starting role.. "Oh hey mate, love having you on our team finally"

View attachment 1902197

Too damn close for my liking…

P.S.: dots and commas are inverted, because that’s how I’ve learned to use them.
Whether the close result was due to vote stacking or not, more than 50% of voting club members wanted something Koch did not. And it's happening. It's an absolute win.

Someone said Abba is being put on some club committees. The man was rejected by the membership. Get stuffed.
Eh, not really. If he got 5,000+ people voting for him, that's more than the vast majority of board members who have actually won elections ever got voting for them.

I have no problem with Abernathy generally, he was just up against the guy we desperately needed to fill this one spot on the board. I voted for Tredrea to win, not for Abernathy to lose. Give me Abernathy over Cos Cardone any day.

Don’t understand the disdain on Dom Cassisi and likely would make a good director. The way I see it, he:
1. Was our captain and I respect him for achieving such an honour.
2. Is well educated in management and finance.
3. Is currently a director and has the necessary skills to be a director.
4. Understands football and the Port Adelaide Football Club, although you don’t need to be a past player to be on the Board.

The only thing is he should go through the member vote process like Tredrea. I voted for Tredrea and would vote for Cassisi.

This is fingernail deep analysis.

I've had tertiary education in finance, I'm currently a director of my own company and I understand football and the Port Adelaide Football Club. Would you elect me to the board?

Can we just have Kochie focus on financial and sponsorship stuff (seems to be the only area doing ok), and not have control over anything else?

Yep. He's a potentially good Chairman with his vast business and political networks and his prominent public profile. But that's where it ends. Others need to pull the strings on football related matters.

This is fingernail deep analysis.

I've had tertiary education in finance, I'm currently a director of my own company and I understand football and the Port Adelaide Football Club. Would you elect me to the board?
If you were running against Dom Cassisi, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Koch and Tredrea press conference. How is 50,000 members not voting a sign that they are happy with the current state of the club and not a sign of their disengagement?

This is not even amateur-tier bullshit.

Timmy G has hinted at some pretty grim sounding nonsense that had gone on in that board room.

Alluded to the board room being pretty much a love in.

That a board member and some staff told tredders not to run.

Also touched on the the idea that 'your coach shouldn't be your mate'... hmm I can't tell why...

He's so limited in his ability to voice his opinion on 5aa. But it's there, and he is diplomatic but pissed about the absolute shitfest that is the decision makers at the club.
This is pretty much what most ‘in the know’ people I know are saying too.

It’s pretty clear from the outside that it’s a too comfortable love in as well.

I didn’t mind Dom as a footballer, he was pretty workmanlike, but I think he did the best he could. As a Captain he at least fronted up to the media every week when we were absolute rubbish, although I lost count of how many lines in the sand he drew. Whether or not he agrees with all the decisions that the club is making, I don’t know, but I just don’t see him having the guts to stand up to Koch and the rest of the board if he disagree, and that is what we desperately need right now.

Why? Don’t get it.

I certainly wouldn’t call him ‘scum’, but there’s a few things:

1a) He came out swinging at Warren and critical fans in the immediate aftermath of the ‘untenable’ comments:

1b) Then had another pop when well and truly kicking with the wind:

2) then did a media interview addressing fan criticism of Hinkley by claiming we don’t understand how “hard” the AFL is compared to the SANFL. And that this frustrates him.

16011293-E404-4D47-A837-DE3111437601.jpeg
F900E163-9A63-46B5-9E2D-E58066EA2EA3.jpeg

3) Koch used Dom as a firewall to refute Darren Cahill’s suggestion that Tredrea replace him on the board — pointing to all of Cassisi’s involvement on club committees and his experience in the private sector as reasons to shepherd Tredrea down the ‘past player’ election route — ie, it would be unfair to preference one premiership legend over another (Koch doesn’t seem to see the glaring difference in their playing credentials and standing)’

4CBC9676-60C0-46B2-A722-3A463CBBB146.jpeg

Basically, Dom is much closer to Gerard Whateley and Kane Cornes than Fos Williams and Warren Tredrea, and would only be more of the same boardroom Hinkley love-in we’ve enjoyed for years and years.

This is pretty much what most ‘in the know’ people I know are saying too.

It’s pretty clear from the outside that it’s a too comfortable love in as well.
According to Koch at the presser , the board do have arguments and different opinions on what's happening at the club.

Just watched the Koch and Tredrea press conference. How is 50,000 members not voting a sign that they are happy with the current state of the club and not a sign of their disengagement?

This is not even amateur-tier bullshit.
Agree, that was just bs, but everything Koch said was bs. I watched Warren's face the whole time and I think he was making a real effort to keep a straight face, but every so often…….😉

What the * is the point of the board if we're just having all these committees lol. Maybe its showing I dunno...the mix of skills on the board is s**t?

It's not the SANFL anymore, lol. As though the SANFL was some kind of premiership vending machine where every club just filled up on flags at will.

Ignoring that this century alone:

Hawthorn have won 4 flags from 5 grand finals
Geelong have won 4 flags from 6 grand finals
Brisbane have won 3 flags from 5 grand finals
Richmond have won 3 flags from 3 grand finals
Collingwood have won 2 flags from 6 grand finals
Sydney have won 2 flags from 6 grand finals
West Coast have won 2 flags from 4 grand finals

The above statistics demonstrate that you can't win 6 or 7 premierships in a decade like Port did in the SANFL. But nobody was expecting that. It's a disingenuous straw man designed to discredit people who want Port to have some aspiration. Yes you can't win it every year but the above clubs show you can win premierships plural and you can regularly play off for them - if you're a good club.

The point is, every league has winner clubs and mediocre clubs and loser clubs. We have been a mediocre AFL club with a long term technical trend to being a loser club.There is no reason to accept that there is anything endemic to the AFL that makes us doomed to being a loser club. It's up to us to change our path.

2) then did a media interview addressing fan criticism of Hinkley by claiming we don’t understand how “hard” the AFL is compared to the SANFL. And that this frustrates him.

View attachment 1902226
View attachment 1902227
The is someone that is being earmarked for a future board position.

The level of football compared to SANFL dynasty Port Adelaide sides and even the 2004 Premiership side is irrelevant. All that matters is how it compares to the teams in the same league at the same time and current Port Adelaide is mediocre at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back