Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him. With his challenging early health issues, he was never going to be able to follow his father, uncle, & grandfather, and play any sport at a high level. So he has aspiring of becoming a sports journalist. He speaks well, and seems to have a good knowledge of sport, sportsmen, & players. All the best with it.

Agree, I don't see this as a problem at all. Hope he goes on with it. More Port aligned journos in the business is a good thing.

Ultimately the biggest problem with Kane is that he's protective over Hinkley because Hinkley gifted him 300 games in what should have been the canary in the coal mine for sacrificing wins for good vibes in this era.

Kane will be better for us the longer he goes on and the less people at the club he's personally close with. Yes, he's a bullshit shock jock, but ultimately that's only hurting us because he's pro-Hinkley. Having someone prominent in the media raising issues for us isn't a bad thing for a well run club, it just hurts us at the moment because the club is full of losers feathering their own nests.

Good on him. With his challenging early health issues, he was never going to be able to follow his father, uncle, & grandfather, and play any sport at a high level. So he has aspirations of becoming a sports journalist. He speaks well, and seems to have a good knowledge of sport, sportsmen, & players. All the best with it.

Agree, I don't see this as a problem at all. Hope he goes on with it. More Port aligned journos in the business is a good thing.

Ultimately the biggest problem with Kane is that he's protective over Hinkley because Hinkley gifted him 300 games in what should have been the canary in the coal mine for sacrificing wins for good vibes in this era.

Kane will be better for us the longer he goes on and the less people at the club he's personally close with. Yes, he's a bullshit shock jock, but ultimately that's only hurting us because he's pro-Hinkley. Having someone prominent in the media raising issues for us isn't a bad thing for a well run club, it just hurts us at the moment because the club is full of losers feathering their own nests.
I've got a problem with the rampant nepotism/boys club that makes footy media so completely insufferable

There's probably 1000s of more talented/articulate/knowledgeable young people with aspirations to get involved in footy journalism that don't have the connections to get the leg up into the industry. We, the footy consumers, are worse off because of it.,

I've got a problem with the rampant nepotism/boys club that makes footy media so completely insufferable

There's probably 1000s of more talented/articulate/knowledgeable young people with aspirations to get involved in footy journalism that don't have the connections to get the leg up into the industry. We, the footy consumers, are worse off because of it.,

I can see both sides of it. It’s obviously not Eddy’s fault he is who he is, and what’s he gonna do, not pursue his interests?

But he’s already receiving more free kicks than Joel Selwood and at the fullest extent will almost certainly become Kane 2.0 when it comes to regime sycophancy.

It's reality! Names like Daicos, Wanganeen, Burgoyne, open up doors for their kids that are closed to others. In the end, talent will decide. As we can see with the varied results of the above offspring.

So he started his own podcast. Anyone can do that, but he has the added advantage of his parents mentoring, and his father's name, which has also allowed him a spot on SEN. I have listened to some of his stuff, and he is very knowledgeable for a kid his age, it is obvious he has a passion for sports, and has studied hard.

Connections will only take his so far, in the end, he will only get to the top if he has the goods.

Who cares. I wanted these campaigners gone 15+ years ago and the whole family is still involved in the club. The Cornses and specifically Kane is not a Daicos or Wanganeen. I don't want them near the place. Cant they all just * off?
:drunk:I didnt say they were!

The point was about kids of famous parents making their own way! No kid should be blighted for the "sins of his father." Let him stand and fall on his own merits. We will know soon enough.

Anyway, he is NOT involved with the club. He has a sports podcast, and interviewed the prez ... that's it.

It's reality! Names like Daicos, Wanganeen, Burgoyne, open up doors for their kids that are closed to others. In the end, talent will decide. As we can see with the varied results of the above offspring.

So he started his own podcast. Anyone can do that, but he has the added advantage of his parents mentoring, and his father's name, which has also allowed him a spot on SEN. I have listened to some of his stuff, and he is very knowledgeable for a kid his age, it is obvious he has a passion for sports, and has studied hard.

Connections will only take his so far, in the end, he will only get to the top if he has the goods.
Well Kane doesn't have many goods, and he's made a living out of the media.

Tredders has a podcast too. Didn't see Koch being interviewed there or promoting the fact. Quite the opposite. Koch is a hypocrite and a teller of untruths. Go for it Tredders.

Tredders has a podcast too. Didn't see Koch being interviewed there or promoting the fact. Quite the opposite. Koch is a hypocrite and a teller of untruths. Go for it Tredders.
LOL .. Koch wouldnt have been seen DEAD on Tredder's podcast prior to the AGM. He would rather have stabbed WT in the eye! Yet, now he suddenly respects him, and looks forward to his contribution to the board. RLOL

He will probably take credit for helping Tredders "learn about the the club" too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to journalism school and I will say this: there's a lot of duds doing that degree. Myself included.

The whole AFL media system is full of duds anyway. Embarrassingly bad culture of 'news breakers' instead of good punditry and writing compared to every other major sport in the world.

Hinkley will never set foot in the door of the club again after leaving, and he'll regularly be seen wearing Geelong merch, attending Geelong functions and the like.

Despite that, we'll almost certainly have to endure him as a Port "expert" in the media.
F###n like herpes. You can never get rid of it! Maybe we will get lucky and some Current Affair expose on the cruelty of greyhound racing will cause him to have a medical incident that keeps him out of media

F###n like herpes. You can never get rid of it! Maybe we will get lucky and some Current Affair expose on the cruelty of greyhound racing will cause him to have a medical incident that keeps him out of media
Sorry to hear about your "personal" problem there. All the best with it!

Not quite the same thing, but I remember when one of Peter Carey's sons was given a regular gig for some time on Kenny Cunnington's drive time radio show.
From memory he was only about 10 at the time and was vision impaired, but after the novelty wore off from hearing a young kid's opinions on the game it became fairly obvious he wasn't ready for the situation.

It could have been suggested he was being exploited for the sake of ratings and particularly how patronising KG was to him, and his parents may have realised that too as they eventually pulled the pin on any further involvement.

Not quite the same thing, but I remember when one of Peter Carey's sons was given a regular gig for some time on Kenny Cunnington's drive time radio show.
From memory he was only about 10 at the time and was vision impaired, but after the novelty wore off from hearing a young kid's opinions on the game it became fairly obvious he wasn't ready for the situation.

It could have been suggested he was being exploited for the sake of ratings and particularly how patronising KG was to him, and his parents may have realised that too as they eventually pulled the pin on any further involvement.

I remember seeing a doco on him. Was a South fan (lol!) from memory.

Loved footy, but yeah, carn.

The one thing I get from Warren and it's my biggest hope, is that he is one of the very few from top to bootstudder that understands the definition of the creed.

I am hoping he re-establishes the definition which has been lost since 2007
The Creed is as relevant today as when it was written by Fos. It really is quite brilliant & everyone involved in the club should read it regularly, reflect & act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back