Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting and extremely disappointing that Boaky's inaugural captain at the Club was an omission at this event. Wasn't even invited as I understand. Cassisi (the organiser) needs to get over his insecurities.
Surely Tredders (his inaugural captain) knew that Boaky was being celebrated and would have joined in if he could.

Surely Tredders (his inaugural captain) knew that Boaky was being celebrated and would have joined in if he could.

Of course Tredders would have joined in if he was invited.

This thread is about Travis Boak and his 350 game milestone.

So much that can be said and should be said about that milestone and make it about Trav.

Sad to see other personal political issues resurface but guess it was inevitable. Pisses me off big time.

Trav deserves all the plaudits for getting to 350 games.

At the same time, none of these "personal political issues" would have surfaced if Dom buried his hatchet and had the decency to invite one of the Club's directors (and Trav's inaugural captain at AFL level) to this event.

Interesting and extremely disappointing that Boaky's inaugural captain at the Club was an omission at this event. Wasn't even invited as I understand. Cassisi (the organiser) needs to get over his insecurities.

Trav debuted the night of Warren’s 200th, too. So they actually share a milestone.

Horrendous if he was overlooked, let alone deliberately snubbed.

Pathetic from Cassisi. His behaviour towards Warren is embarrassing in its own right but made much more embarrassing by the fact that he owes his status as a premiership player to Warren - Warren being clearly the largest contributor to that success and Cassisi arguably the smallest contributor of those to collect medals on the day.

Do we know for sure that Tredrea wasn't invited?

It's quite a serious accusation. I don't want to be unjust here.

100% wasn't invited mate. Dom organised it, never invited him.

Can only speculate from there, but given Dom's well documented issues with Tredrea I find it hard to believe that this wasn't a deliberate omission.

100% wasn't invited mate. Dom organised it, never invited him.

Can only speculate from there, but given Dom's well documented issues with Tredrea I find it hard to believe that this wasn't a deliberate omission.
It's not a big leap to assume excluding his premiership captain, the club's best player in its AFL-era who was recently elected to the board of directors is anything other than petty and deliberate.

Pathetic from Cassisi. His behaviour towards Warren is embarrassing in its own right but made much more embarrassing by the fact that he owes his status as a premiership player to Warren - Warren being clearly the largest contributor to that success and Cassisi arguably the smallest contributor of those to collect medals on the day.
Warren wasn't at Robbies last game celebrations either and I imagine at the time its possible he wouldn't have got in due to his vaccination status but maybe it was because he wasn't invited. I don't understand the outrage, players have different clicks and playing groups - Warren isn't everyone's favourite. And before I get shouted down for not appreciating what a legend he was at the club or that he was the appointed captain on the day we won the premiership I'm just stating the obvious that Warren is a very strong personality and not of everyone's taste. That's why he's a brilliant in the media.

Warren wasn't at Robbies last game celebrations either and I imagine at the time its possible he wouldn't have got in due to his vaccination status but maybe it was because he wasn't invited. I don't understand the outrage, players have different clicks and playing groups - Warren isn't everyone's favourite. And before I get shouted down for not appreciating what a legend he was at the club or that he was the appointed captain on the day we won the premiership I'm just stating the obvious that Warren is a very strong personality and not of everyone's taste. That's why he's a brilliant in the media.

It doesn’t matter. It’s basic etiquette. This is about the club just as much as the player.

In a flag reunion, e.g., you invite everybody, regardless of relationships. Tredrea has credentials enough for the invitation. So, he should be invited.

It doesn’t matter. It’s basic etiquette. This is about the club just as much as the player.

In a flag reunion, e.g., you invite everybody, regardless of relationships. Tredrea has credentials enough for the invitation. So, he should be invited.
I’m sure he’ll be at all the reunion events but this week is about Boak, his family and his mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Appointed captain' lol.

When you can't even give him his well deserved title of premiership captain it's pretty obvious where your bias sits.

It’s all about Cassisi by the sounds of things. Tredrea was glowing this week regarding Boak. It also sounds like they get on well.

Yep. As if Travis Boak is the type of guy to hold grudges or have some bitchy feud with his former captain. This is all about Cassisi and probably the Cornes w***ers too. Embarrassing losers.

'Appointed captain' lol.

When you can't even give him his well deserved title of premiership captain it's pretty obvious where your bias sits.
Matthew Primus was the captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club from 2001 to 2005.

Bet if we go and look at the club's honour board it says Matthew Primus was the captain in 2004.

'Appointed captain' lol.

Appointed captain on the day because, wait for it, he was captain in every other game of the season apart from the one that Primus reinjured himself in.

Matthew Primus was the captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club from 2001 to 2005.

Bet if we go and look at the club's honour board it says Matthew Primus was the captain in 2004.

Awesome.

Anyone who lived that season knows Tredrea was captain and not just on the day.

Expat used that term deliberately to demean Tredrea.

Tredrea was the best player in the competition that year. We have 0 AFL premierships without him. Full stop. He deserves the title of premiership captain with no qualifier.

Tredrea - Premiership captain, champion player, elected board member, well spoken, outspoken
Cassisi - loser captain, average player, shoehorned into meaningless club role, barely coherent speaker

Compare the pair

Tredders was appointed captain on Grand Final day and his Mum has to do the oranges that day as well right?

He was only appointed captain because his mum did the oranges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back