Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Primus was the captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club from 2001 to 2005.

Bet if we go and look at the club's honour board it says Matthew Primus was the captain in 2004.

And what do you think Matthew Primus would say?

Matthew Primus was the captain of the Port Adelaide Football Club from 2001 to 2005.

Bet if we go and look at the club's honour board it says Matthew Primus was the captain in 2004.

Checked the honour board, found the smoking gun to prove this....

Untitled.jpg

Do we rule out the possibility that he didn't attend to Boakys celebrations because he's an employed board member and probably doing more pressing stuff with the administration?
I mean based on those photos I didn't see Koch or Richo attending the celebrations either. I just feel like people are blowing the Tredders & Cassisi beef way out of proportion.

Do we rule out the possibility that he didn't attend to Boakys celebrations because he's an employed board member and probably doing more pressing stuff with the administration?
I mean based on those photos I didn't see Koch or Richo attending the celebrations either. I just feel like people are blowing the Tredders & Cassisi beef way out of proportion.

You could say the same of coaches CCornes and Carr who appear to have made the time.

Which one's day would you say should be busier with footbally stuff?
Considering that interacting directly with the players is a daily requirement of a coaches job and less common with board members then I think it's reasonable to expect that the coaches are more likely to turn up.
It's probably also worth considering if Tredders was working at all with fiveAA on the same day as he's still contracted with them part time.

On the photo alone this is possible but it seems its been confirmed in the thread by a couple of people that there was no invitation.

don't recall Koch or Richo playing with him

it's clear - here's a list of past players with one glaring omission

it doesn't take Poirot to deduce the obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe Boak didn't want him there either?

he was careful with his words last year during the "untenable" saga but made it clear enough that Gray is the greatest player he's ever played with (I disagree)

Robbie is his best mate, of course he'd say that. He also didn't play at Port during Warren's zenith.

Like what?

He attends board meeting, first official one was Friday before the WCE game, the odd function and is on Footy Strategy Committee, where usually the captain attends those meetings.

He may well have had something else on, but highly unlikely it was club related. If Chewy316 says he wasn't invited, then he wasn't.

Tredders will survive it, unscarred, unlike some others.

Like what?

He attends board meeting, first official one was Friday before the WCE game, the odd function and is on Footy Strategy Committee, where usually the captain attends those meetings.

He may well have had something else on, but highly unlikely it was club related. If Chewy316 says he wasn't invited, then he wasn't.

Tredders will survive it, unscarred, unlike some others.
As we know he is also still potentially using his personal time to communicate to his legal team over the next course of action for his legal battle (Not thread related) so that is another possibility. Not sure what his fiveAA weekly roster is either because I don't tune in myself that often.

I'm more then inclined to believe he wasn't invited and take Chewy's word, but as I said in an earlier post there was also no appearance from Westhoff, Ebert or Schultz at the celebrations either. And if anything those 3 would have much more reason to attend as they played a lot more games alongside Trav. I just feel like we're exaggerating the significance of this and trying to further victimize Tredders and use it as a weapon against other former players.

Last edited:
As we know he is also still potentially using his personal time to communicate to his legal team over the next course of action for his legal battle (Not thread related) so that is another possibility. Not sure what his fiveAA weekly roster is either because I don't tune in myself that often.

I'm more then inclined to believe he wasn't invited and take Chewy's word, but as I said in an earlier post there was also no appearance from Westhoff, Ebert or Schultz at the celebrations either. And if anything those 3 would have much more reason to attend as they played a lot more games alongside Trav. I just feel like we're exaggerating the significance of this and trying to further victimize Tredders and use it as a weapon against other former players.
Westhoff was in the clubroom after the win at the MCG

Warren not being everyone's love bud is exactly the reason he's needed down there, it's professional sport not a fukcing hug me baby rainbow land.
If he disliked by the Ken loving players so much then they need to put their money where their mouth is and win a bloody Premiership to prove him wrong.

Let's not act as if Warren is working 12 hour days in an isolated office cocooned from society. His AA radio gig I'm pretty sure is two segments a week taking roughly a half hour each, and then he calls the Port game each week as well. As for his court case, I would be extremely concerned if he was the one reading through the legal judgements and trying to formulate his own opinion on how to proceed. Anyone who has been involved in such a situation will appreciate that the lawyers in this case do all the heavy lifting and he merely gives the tick or cross at the end of it.

The reason I highlighted Warren's absence was because Cassisi organised it, and I know for a fact that he did not invite Warren. Warren's omission is a repeated snipe by Dom, and unless people call it out for what it is, it will continue. Everyone knows that Dom has had an issue with Warren ever since Warren went with his "untenable" comment last year - and that was because Dom took it personal as he was on the footy committee. Anyone who gives Dom an ear or two will know he has no problem ranting about how he can't stand Warren, and he has made this known to plenty of former team mates unprompted.

The pot shots need to end. Warren is a Director of the Club and both he and Dom are supposed to be working together on the Club's footy committee.

Based on the information I've been provided my interpretation of Dom's actions over the last 12 months or so are those which would fit in high school cliques, not a professional footy Club. As absurd as it sounds, the Club's executive would be wise to remind Dom that he and Warren are on the same team now.

Let's not act as if Warren is working 12 hour days in an isolated office cocooned from society. His AA radio gig I'm pretty sure is two segments a week taking roughly a half hour each, and then he calls the Port game each week as well. As for his court case, I would be extremely concerned if he was the one reading through the legal judgements and trying to formulate his own opinion on how to proceed. Anyone who has been involved in such a situation will appreciate that the lawyers in this case do all the heavy lifting and he merely gives the tick or cross at the end of it.

The reason I highlighted Warren's absence was because Cassisi organised it, and I know for a fact that he did not invite Warren. Warren's omission is a repeated snipe by Dom, and unless people call it out for what it is, it will continue. Everyone knows that Dom has had an issue with Warren ever since Warren went with his "untenable" comment last year - and that was because Dom took it personal as he was on the footy committee. Anyone who gives Dom an ear or two will know he has no problem ranting about how he can't stand Warren, and he has made this known to plenty of former team mates unprompted.

The pot shots need to end. Warren is a Director of the Club and both he and Dom are supposed to be working together on the Club's footy committee.

Based on the information I've been provided my interpretation of Dom's actions over the last 12 months or so are those which would fit in high school cliques, not a professional footy Club. As absurd as it sounds, the Club's executive would be wise to remind Dom that he and Warren are on the same team now.
Any reasonable person would be feeling contrite after endorsing the pathetic lump. To double down on it and take it out on a club champion is just bizarre and pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back