doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I have just moved to London and am looking for where is good to watch AFL here. The base position is Kayo+VPN in the living room so the bar isn’t too high. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Mods: please merge elsewhere if not appropriate for my singular issue to have its own thread.

There is an AFL International streaming subscription. I used it when I went back to the UK mid-season a few years ago. Access to every game. $199 for the full season.

I have just moved to London and am looking for where is good to watch AFL here. The base position is Kayo+VPN in the living room so the bar isn’t too high. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Mods: please merge elsewhere if not appropriate for my singular issue to have its own thread.
What part of London are you living in

South Kensington
Get Jeeves to upload the stream while he cooks the kippers but what Mantis said.

When I first arrived pre internet (there was Arpanet), we use to get the VHS videos sent over and play them in the pub on a Thursday but don't tell Channel 7 ;). The pub was packed but the thing is, most people wouldn't know the result although the results were published in LAM magazine on a Tuesday. A call to Oz from a phone box use to cost about 5 dollars a minute. A different world nowadays

I watched the 2016 GF at Belushis in Camden. It’s hallowed turf but you can still see my sweat stains on the floor.

It’s not super close to South Kensington. You might need to do some googling if you want someone more convenient.

There are normally about 5 games per round live on BT sports. You can get good deals if you also have your phone and broadband through BT.

Get Jeeves to upload the stream while he cooks the kippers but what Mantis said.

When I first arrived pre internet (there was Arpanet), we use to get the VHS videos sent over and play them in the pub on a Thursday but don't tell Channel 7 ;). The pub was packed but the thing is, most people wouldn't know the result although the results were published in LAM magazine on a Tuesday. A call to Oz from a phone box use to cost about 5 dollars a minute. A different world nowadays
Pre VHS, you could borrow 16mm film of several months old games from Victoria House then find a projector.

When I was teaching in the UK, whenever the Dogs had a Friday night game, I would log onto my AFL Overseas subscription and project it onto the whiteboard for my period one class to enjoy. As a special treat....mainly for me :D Exhibit A:

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
When I was a lad in the UK we had to rely on morse code to follow the games. A dot was a behind and a dash was a goal. Disposals were also dots, as were tackles. Marks were dashes when contested and dots when uncontested. Holding the ball or incorrect disposal was a long silent pause, or a dot, depending on who was doing the commentary.

There were some pretty significant differences of opinion as to how the team were fairing right from the first bounce, but I never heard the Bulldogs lose a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back