has anyone else lost interest in this upcoming season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely I can't be the only one. Less than 2 weeks till round 1 and I usually attend in person but I'm just so deflated about this team right now.
Deflated with the team?
Or the club?
Or maybe that whole AFL bizniss?

Not me. I lost interest last season after the first two rounds and never got it back after that. It was a pretty bad year, man. Almost as bad as 2018. But after a long offseason I'm ready to be hurt all over again. I've allowed myself to hope that the coaching structure refresh will reinvigorate the team and Bevo himself. I'm allowing myself to dream that this is the year that the support cast to our elite players will finally play their roles to perfection and allow the stars to shine. I'm allowing myself to dream of that elusive Bont brownlow and Libba AA. I'm allowing myself to imagine a Ryley Sanders rising star. And most importantly, I'm allowing myself to believe we have a chance to taste the ultimate once again.

The reason I'm going to buy another ticket to the roller-coaster is pretty simple: it's more fun to crash and burn than watch from the sidelines with no skin in the game. It might hurt but at least its not boring.

Not me. I lost interest last season after the first two rounds and never got it back after that. It was a pretty bad year, man. Almost as bad as 2018. But after a long offseason I'm ready to be hurt all over again. I've allowed myself to hope that the coaching structure refresh will reinvigorate the team and Bevo himself. I'm allowing myself to dream that this is the year that the support cast to our elite players will finally play their roles to perfection and allow the stars to shine. I'm allowing myself to dream of that elusive Bont brownlow and Libba AA. I'm allowing myself to imagine a Ryley Sanders rising star. And most importantly, I'm allowing myself to believe we have a chance to taste the ultimate once again.

The reason I'm going to buy another ticket to the roller-coaster is pretty simple: it's more fun to crash and burn than watch from the sidelines with no skin in the game. It might hurt but at least its not boring.
Nailed it. /thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just excited for the Dogs but I'm super keen for the footy in general. I'm even keen to watch the proper pre-season games which is a little unusual.
Yeah same it’s weird, I usually tune in round one and miss all the preseason BS since I was ~18 or so but this year I’m keen for the preseason games this week 😳

There’s something in the air for sure, although it could all be over after 2 weeks again such is our life as a dogs supporter recently 🙃

Nope! How can one be deflated before the season has even began? Unless you can see into the future and know it is already going to be a poor one. Plenty of reasons to be excited for Round One. New coaching staff, heaps of new players, the new ground and facilities are almost complete, the place feels rejuvenated.

Riding through the down seasons is part of being a fan. Teams need their fans the most during the hard years, not the flag years. I am probably more keen for Round One this year, than I was for Round One last year to be honest.

I wouldn't say lost interest, but with a lack of proper pre-season, lack of proper off-season with AFLW taking up the time, a schedule where the team once again doesn't make a visit to my "home" state for a game (Queensland), and other interests and priorities taking over I'm certainly far from hardcore as I may have been once.

Nope! How can one be deflated before the season has even began? Unless you can see into the future and know it is already going to be a poor one. Plenty of reasons to be excited for Round One. New coaching staff, heaps of new players, the new ground and facilities are almost complete, the place feels rejuvenated.

Riding through the down seasons is part of being a fan. Teams need their fans the most during the hard years, not the flag years. I am probably more keen for Round One this year, than I was for Round One last year to be honest.
I think I was the flattest I’ve ever been for footy between 17-18.

16 was like a massive case of blue balls had been released and it felt like there was nothing left to achieve

Pumped for this year. Would be happy to see one game live

Not at all. Maybe more reserved after two fairly disappointing years. If our lads gain confidence - and our resources keep them fresher and enhance our tactics... This league can be ours

Edit: Bro your name is The Bont. How could you not be excited!

I will tell you how I feel regarding the 2024 season after round 4 is complete I think the first four rounds this season will make us or break us
Agree. That’s what cooled it for me last year. We started out with so much optimism and deflated very quickly. Then week after week hoping to come good. It does knock you about. And then that final game that must not be spoken about 😭.

Once again our hopes are being built up - but so are the hopes of 17 other sets of supporters 😞

Imagine what it would be like if 2016 hadn’t happened 😩

Yeah same it’s weird, I usually tune in round one and miss all the preseason BS since I was ~18 or so but this year I’m keen for the preseason games this week 😳

There’s something in the air for sure, although it could all be over after 2 weeks again such is our life as a dogs supporter recently 🙃
I think last year was so hard because of all the injuries to young players. Bedendo, Darcy, Buss, Clarke, Gallagher all spent a lot of time in the injury room last year, so we couldn’t even get excited watching the VFL and were left to debate whether Hannan should play ahead of VDM. This year at least if we go through a rough patch we should get to see some exciting kids get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back