has anyone else lost interest in this upcoming season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. I'm keen to see Sanders run out, JUH and Weightman keep building on their careers so far, and the best player in the league continue to show everyone how it's done.
And Sammy!

The impression I get of Bevo, is that he is a very loyal and compassionate man to his players, club and supporters too. He goes into bat against the media, because we cop a lot of at times nastiness, criticise our football but don’t say things like “the worst thing is them winning the premiership” which Caro once said inferring the club had got to big for its boots. (We will always be a minnow in her eyes).

I remember Bevo paying for supporters breakfast on the trip to Sydney for the prelim and all the other things, the vicious way some supporters have turned on a coach that broke through and won us a flag must really hurt. He is certainly very distant with the fans now, I think he is only there for the players.

I also think history repeats, Rocket was saddled with far too much non coaching work and that lead him to being frustrated at times until they did a review and I think appointed Fantasia then. The recent review I am guessing has found the same thing, Bevo needed to be freed to coach.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the season, I don’t think we will go the whole way, but more development into what I believe will be future premiership players for the club will be exciting to watch.

Today is my anniversary, I have been on Big Footy for 17 years, and my reflections are that the more things change, the more things stay the same.

Go Dogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back