Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely spewing for him. Handed the PBs at training during the week after his best game in a Port jumper, and now this. Praying that it's not as bad as it looked.

Nothing wrong with the handball, don't blame Boak for this.
I agree. The decision to run with ball through traffic was Watts'. He was open enough to disposal it, if he wanted to.

I am not sure Watts has chosen the best play. Even if he didn't, he has really overpayed for such a mistake...

Sucks and anytime we lose a player with good footskills for a length of time is a double blow for us as we just don't have enough of them.

One thing i noticed during the game was a lack of talking, particularly early. Jack is probably used to having a bit more time but in defense the pressure is high. A little more awareness by Jack and the players around him could have prevented this nasty injury.
Such a pitty, was looking forward to see what he could do this year.

Annoyed... There were better options on than the handball... but s**t happens and unfortunately Watts has paid a season ending price :( after he played the best game of his career!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. The decision to run with ball through traffic was Watts'. He was open enough to disposal it, if he wanted to.

I am not sure Watts has chosen the best play. Even if he didn't, he has really overpayed for such a mistake...
Boak probably shouldn't have handballed, but Watts made the wrong call for the ball. It happened to the left of me and there was nobody up the field as we had pushed back hard, and that's why he slows down and props to think about who to give it to next.

If it's a break in round 2 I wouldn't be putting a season ender on it, can easily see him back in a few months depending on severity and where the break is.

Annoyed... There were better options on than the handball... but s**t happens and unfortunately Watts has paid a season ending price :( after he played the best game of his career!

lol probably time to update your signature

Pointless apportioning blame. Players get tackled all the time without breaking ankles. Just bad luck. Rotten bad luck for a guy who looked like he was rebuilding confidence in himself and among fans.

Hope the injury is not too bad and Jack gets back sooner rather than later.

It was his birthday earlier this week too. :(

Such a cruel game. Hope to see him return first of all and secondly back to his early form.

I reckon a huge chance to be ready round 17 on with that. It sucks but on the plus side he did it so early there a good chance he can be back this year

If it's a break in round 2 I wouldn't be putting a season ender on it, can easily see him back in a few months depending on severity and where the break is.
Broken fibula and dislocated ankle, so probably ligament damage, is why it may be a season ending injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back