WBBL|02 (Women's Big Bash League '16/'17)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very odd, commentators are a bit clueless to.
I dont know what they are going on about. Surely a loss of wickets only changes the target if the overs are further reduced? The target is set with the amount of resources available at the rain delay. It doesnt matter what happens after, the target is already set.

Edit: Hallelujah they've worked it out. It's only been in use for 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you show me a match where that has occured? The target only changes if the overs are further reduced which makes sense.
its the par score that changes.

so since the Gades lost a wicket straight after the delay, the score would go up to say 60 and if they lost another one, it would have gone to 65 etc.

scorecards cant tell you that story, but that is what usually happens.

EDIT: i may be wrong, but from memory, the above usually happens

i know where the confusion was.

with the Gades and when they batted, they lost an over which decreased the target and the overs. From there, they would have had a par score that they would have to better had the game washed out. The par score changes with wickets lost, but the target score stays the same. Meg must have got confused between the two (which can happen, as the rule is confusing AF), hence the target stayed the same, but the par score would have changed.

hope that is clear for people, but that is where the confusion was

i know where the confusion was.

with the Gades and when they batted, they lost an over which decreased the target and the overs. From there, they would have had a par score that they would have to better had the game washed out. The par score changes with wickets lost, but the target score stays the same. Meg must have got confused between the two (which can happen, as the rule is confusing AF), hence the target stayed the same, but the par score would have changed.

hope that is clear for people, but that is where the confusion was
Yes and the par score is only relevant if further overs are lost which is what I was saying, although you've summarised it much better than I did. Just FYI they would have also had a par score if they hadn't lost the initial first over. The par score only comes into play if the rest of the game is washed out (as you said).

Yes and the par score is only relevant if further overs are lost which is what I was saying, although you've summarised much better than I did. Just FYI they would have also had a par score if they hadn't lost the initial first over. The par score only comes into play if the rest of the game is washed out (as you said).
yep, true.

glad that is cleared up, it got confusing AF

yep, true.

glad that is cleared up, it got confusing AF
Yeah it can be confusing but when you think about it logically it makes sense and is easily the best way of setting rain-advised targets that I've seen.

And before anyone asks yes I am in fact Frank Duckworth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back