We Need a Classy Big Monster Key Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

De Glueie

Senior List
Mar 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big key position forwards with class are like GOLD!

These are the types of players who win you flags. Like Cane Cornes said..........if Cameron wasn't playing for Geelong on the weekend THE PIES WOULD HAVE WON.
indeed, no more short cuts Collingwood. Players who are B graders like Mcstay ,Frampton etc serve a purpose but they don't win flags yes stock up as depth but that's all.
What i wouldn't give to have a young Travis Cloke again but with accurate kicking skills.
Can't make it any plainer that this.
Geelong have Hawkins they went out and gave a few first rounders for JEREMY CAMERON. ( Cameron has destroyed us every time he has played against us even when he was playing for GWS, we simply don't have a player to match up on him )
Richmond won a flag with Jack Riewoldt .Then they quickly identified to have sustained success they need another big marking forward they went hell for leather and got LYNCH from Gold coast. Tigers would not have won the other flags if lynch was not playing with them.

The Hawks had Roughead and Buddy equals flags

Sydney have Buddy and Reid

Stop paying millions for Ruckmen and midfielders if you going to trade off a high calibre players then go and get high calibre players we NEED KPP's .
Midfielders and Ruckmen are dime a dozen.

Okay then there are 2 players i can think of who may be available in the next 12 to 24 months.

MACKAY from the Blues will be available soon throw the kitchen sink at him okay he is exactely what we need.
and or KING from the Gold Coast in fact get that war chest going and get BOTH OF THEM.............WHY NOT START GETTING IN THE EARS SOON COLLINGWOOD !!!!!!!

if we want multiple flags get a few big kpp's who you can build a team around. We have MOORE IN THE BACKLINE GET THE FORWRDS NOW !

Look at that bow tie. Big monsters don't get much f****** classier than that!

D67kqWeWwAEqC7f.jpg

These are the types of players who win you flags. Like Cane Cornes said..........if Cameron wasn't playing for Geelong on the weekend THE PIES WOULD HAVE WON.
indeed, no more short cuts Collingwood. Players who are B graders like Mcstay ,Frampton etc serve a purpose but they don't win flags yes stock up as depth but that's all.
What i wouldn't give to have a young Travis Cloke again but with accurate kicking skills.
Geelong have Hawkins they went out and gave a few first rounders for JEREMY CAMERON. ( Cameron has destroyed us every time he has played against us even when he was playing for GWS, we simply don't have a player to match up on him )
Richmond won a flag with Jack Riewoldt .Then they quickly identified to have sustained success they need another big marking forward they went hell for leather and got LYNCH from Gold coast. Tigers would not have won the other flags if lynch was not playing with them.

Stop paying millions for Ruckmen and midfielders if you going to trade off a high calibre players then go and get high calibre players we NEED KPP's .

Okay then there are 2 players i can think of who may be available in the next 12 to 24 months.

MACKAY from the Blues will be available soon throw the kitchen sink at him okay he is exactely what we need.
and or KING from the Gold Coast in fact get that war chest going and get BOTH OF THEM.............WHY NOT START GETTING IN THE EARS SOON COLLINGWOOD !!!!!!!

if we want multiple flags get a few big kpp's who you can build a team around. We have MOORE IN THE BACKLINE GET THE FORWRDS NOW !
Wish I could like this more than once, boggles me we haven’t gone after one for a while. On top of landing a key forward, It will also allow others to get a second or third string defender and really open our forward line up.

Wish I could like this more than once, boggles me we haven’t gone after one for a while. On top of landing a key forward, It will also allow others to get a second or third string defender and really open our forward line up.
We were after both Jeremy Cameron and Tom Lynch. Dice just didn't fall our way

I watched three of the finals - the big power forwards didn't do much- Hawkins and Franklin copped the mother of all hidings. Riewoldt didn't do much, but was opportunistic and incredibly efficient in front of goal - Lynch was good. Daniher did nothing in the air, but got a couple of nice ones at ground level. Reid provided an excellent contest.

Cameron was a massive difference maker - but it was through his ground level game and fabulous kicking.

We need our forwards to improve, but the big power forwards are having less impact than ever - outside their ability to provide an aerial contest which causes spills and contribute goals that way. Which is where McStay comes in.

So you’re telling me you don’t want another Scott Cummings, Jesse White or Quinten Lynch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched three of the finals - the big power forwards didn't do much- Hawkins and Franklin copped the mother of all hidings. Riewoldt didn't do much, but was opportunistic and incredibly efficient in front of goal - Lynch was good. Daniher did nothing in the air, but got a couple of nice ones at ground level. Reid provided an excellent contest.

Cameron was a massive difference maker - but it was through his ground level game and fabulous kicking.

We need our forwards to improve, but the big power forwards are having less impact than ever - outside their ability to provide an aerial contest which causes spills and contribute goals that way. Which is where McStay comes in.
100% its all in the midfield.
All forwards need to do is compete which ours failed to do in the last quarter.

100% its all in the midfield.
All forwards need to do is compete which ours failed to do in the last quarter.

The better premiership teams all have quality KPF pairings.

1 at most will be a role player type the other a genuine match winner.

Outside just competing they also are impact players who can swing games off small amount of touches.

Collingwood are a club who seemingly don't rate the position under Buckley and Hine.

You need a great midfield but to neglect/under resource other areas especially a key pillar position is a crap way to build a list.

We lost the game with about 1 minute to go on the clock. We lost our most important midfielder during the last quarter. Cameron is a star in peak form and we need a star full forward not just a tall player that looks good in the VFL. We need to target the right player. Agree I would target H Makay also. But we need a good midfielder to replace Adams and maybe DeGoey if he leaves. Both of those players were vital in almost snatching that win the other night.

Apologies but i disagree with all of your suggestions.
An athletic, shut down defender that could do a job on Cameron would be much easier and cheaper to find.
Throw a James Clement type on Cameron and we win comfortably.
You would have to pay a Mackay twice the salary he is worth - No thanks.
Let's just start drafting and developing our own.

People are saying that mids are the ones that win games but we don’t have any of those either. We are purely a blue collar team, with our playing list it’s possible for us to fall back again. Mids and KPF are what we need.

Be prepared for disappointment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back