We need to talk about Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

It was pretty disappointing to see him get easily our bodied by Walker in those forward half stoppages.

I'm with briztoon as well, why we have neale moving from the offensive side to the defensive side of the stoppage at pace makes no sense to me. For what ever reason our coaches have decided we can't win the ruck with any consistency, so just play to their feet and that's all Oscar tries to do.

Kingy got into him a lot for his 20m kicks / handballs out of congestion on the telecast, his question was why not handball to your running players?

He can't. He's not capable of that little handball 1m to a small

It's the main advantage I think Fort has over him

Obviously the club rate him highly, or perhaps we just don’t rate the ruck position that highly.

Fages has been on record stating he’s our number 1 ruckman a few times and given he’s now been signed for another 3 seasons after this one, it doesn’t appear we’ve got any real appetite to change that.

Another whose contract ends in 2004 has extended to 2006. There must be a master plan there somewhere. Clugg surely next?
We're trying to re-sign as many as we can in case we manage the threepeat and their salary demands sky rocket.

Another whose contract ends in 2004 has extended to 2006. There must be a master plan there somewhere. Clugg surely next?
seinfeld-george-costanza.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Payne got dropped last week for a totally ineffective to detrimental game, there is no way Oscar can't get the same treatment this week, absolutely atrocious.
Gardiner is better than Fort though. It's easier to drop someone when you've got a proven performer that plays the same position.

He has won countless trademark, players player awards, etc. So we know he does the stuff that fans don't notice.

But he's too big and slow to not be able to do the things big and slow rucks should be doing; controlling the ruckwork and taking big marks or at least having a strong aerial presence

And like a lot of our players he can get exposed for his weaknesses

Gardiner is better than Fort though. It's easier to drop someone when you've got a proven performer that plays the same position.

Fair point but maybe we should try a Fort / Smith tag team. Yes I know it is an extra player but there are so many passengers at the moment, if you drop one of the smaller not performing guys as well, what difference does it make anyway.

Not getting another ruck into our system is a glaring deficiency. Are there no 25yo vfl-sanfl-wafl ready to go rucks available?

Oscar also got towelled up by de koning round 0.

No marks in 3 games for our tallest player?

Oscar tries his best but this is down to.poor plannig and coaching and drafting. It is ruthless and i feel we are letting him have a free pass nd it is becoming very obvious he is a major liability at present

Remove this Banner Ad

Back