Retired 9. Jack Steven (2020 -2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't keen on the idea originally but with Tim Kelly gone another classy mid-fielder may fill that gap.

He'll be 30 in March, so we won't get a lot out of him, however 4 b&fs and 180+ games, speed and goal kicking nous it is quite a pickup.

For the price of pick 58 and sending Zac Smith packing it is really quite a coup, really one of the most accomplished pieces of recruiting I've seen done at KP. Kudos to Wells and Cook.

I wish Jack all the best and hope he can slot straight into that mid-field and pick up what we lost with Tim. Great news.

Back home for goodness sake he was only living in Melbourne. Or perhaps St Kilda flew him in from some os destination every week.
If you live on the western side of the state then any suburb on the Eastern side on the Melb CBD is a huge pain in the arse to get to.

Jack looks similar to Danger in relation to his pack exit speed. Has the strength as well. Hopefully a good tackler and two way runner - these are vitally important.

Jack’s recruitment might be a real boost for Constable. Having two super quick mids means that Scott can afford a slower extractor like Charlie to complete the three smalls with the ruck.

I have no doubt this guy can play. What will need to be sorted and will take some time is how he interacts with our other mids and the impact that will have on Geelong's game plan. No doubt that will be worked out off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack looks similar to Danger in relation to his pack exit speed. Has the strength as well. Hopefully a good tackler and two way runner - these are vitally important.

Jack’s recruitment might be a real boost for Constable. Having two super quick mids means that Scott can afford a slower extractor like Charlie to complete the three smalls with the ruck.

From what l've seen he just goes hard and fast, will partner up well with Dangerfield imo and will be very dangerous near goal.
Jenkin and he could well revolutionize our forwardline next year as well.
Two potentially great signings for so little is a terrific trade period.

From what l've seen he just goes hard and fast, will partner up well with Dangerfield imo and will be very dangerous near goal.
Jenkin and he could well revolutionize our forwardline next year as well.
Two potentially great signings for so little is a terrific trade period.

for about the 3rd year in a row... I think we will need him on ball.

Cats have had a good trade period looking to contend again next year.

A fit and healthy jack Steven won't replace Tim Kelly but is another talented body with a bit of leg speed to take pressure of Selwood as the 2nd grunt man.

Josh Jenkins I think is moderately received but it's fantastic insurance considering he is a 40 goal forward that can play backup ruck quite easily I think he will surprise a few and frustrate a few lol

Good trade period can Geelong find another Jordan Clark type ready to go for 2020

Cats have had a good trade period looking to contend again next year.

A fit and healthy jack Steven won't replace Tim Kelly but is another talented body with a bit of leg speed to take pressure of Selwood as the 2nd grunt man.

Josh Jenkins I think is moderately received but it's fantastic insurance considering he is a 40 goal forward that can play backup ruck quite easily I think he will surprise a few and frustrate a few lol

Good trade period can Geelong find another Jordan Clark type ready to go for 2020
I reckon a fit and reinvigorated Jack Steven will compensate for Kelly in 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back