Player Watch Welcome - James Trezise - 2023 VFL B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

I seen a few reserves matches.

He seemed to put his hand up.

Hopefully he grows and draws confidence from his selection, you never know if he gives a real crack, see what happens

Just seems a waste to me. Role is not required & we already know what he is

Got a chance to see someone new & you throw give the spot to a guy you already control and see all the time?

He might turn out great - i have NFI on his game. But as an opportunity to get a good look at someone else, its a bit of a wasted opportunity for me.

Just seems a waste to me.

Got a chance to see someone new & you throw give the spot to a guy you already control and see all the time?

He might turn out great - i have NFI on his game. But as an opportunity to get a good look at someone else, its a bit of a wasted opportunity for me.
You don’t control VFL players…if they’re good someone will just draft them like Essendon do with all of ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seems a waste to me. Role is not required & we already know what he is

Last time we knew and controlled a vfl player, he ended up at Essendon.

i have NFI on his game.
This. Why make stupid comments when you have NFI? I'm not saying he's the next superstar but imagine if he was and you are saying we shouldn't have drafted him just because he played for our VFL side? He is new to the side. He has only played half a dozen games with us and in just that short time he has impressed. That says a lot. He is strong, good overhead, a nice left foot kick, reads the game well and tackles well. Pretty good all-rounder.

That hair belongs back in the 90s with Richo, Campbell, Daffy and the Gales
I never get it why professional footballers have ultra long hair these days, have a look at the clip where he is told of his promotion.... he is at least six or seven times waving the hair out of his face and eyes, I don't give a crap what anyone says, it is an unnecessary distraction and I believe at least you'll be 1% better focused and prepared if you had it out of your face and eyes
and when you are on the fringes every little bit helps (pun intended) ;)
big hint to hugo as well :p

Last edited:
20 years old. 188cm 76kg's. So basically, he's never bothered to lift weights. Will take him 2-3 years to put on 10-12kg's to have the strength to compete. If he can be bothered putting the hours in the gym. We have 10 blokes who can play his position ahead of him in the queue. He's basically built like Connor Menadue. I can't fathom the point in stockpiling another HBF?

I never get it why professional footballers have ultra long hair these days, have a look at the clip where he is told of his promotion.... he is at least six or seven times waving the hair out of his face and eyes, I don't give a crap what anyone says, it is an unnecessary distraction and I believe at least you'll be 1% better focused and prepared if you had it out of your face and eyes
and when you are on the fringes every little bit helps (pun intended) ;)
Maybe he thinks that cutting his hair is bad luck. Footballers are very superstitious.

20 years old. 188cm 76kg's. So basically, he's never bothered to lift weights. Will take him 2-3 years to put on 10-12kg's to have the strength to compete. If he can be bothered putting the hours in the gym. We have 10 blokes who can play his position ahead of him in the queue. He's basically built like Connor Menadue. I can't fathom the point in stockpiling another HBF?
Have you seen him play? He is extremely strong. He doesn't need to put on 10 kg like some to gain strength. Some people just are very strong naturally.

This guy will be a gun. He's only been in the system for a few games and he is already showing a lot. Importantly he is a left-footer which is something we need more of!
Good selection despite the obviously ignorant comments already made.....

We do miss a left footer coming out of the back line since Houlis departure. In saying that Trezise needs to improve his kicking significantly to get to AFL standard let alone to Houlis standard. Do however love his competitive nature, should at the very least be a good shut down/intercepter but his ceiling will be defined by improving his disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back