Welcome Pick 18 - Luke Shuey

Remove this Banner Ad

He mightn't have known it at the time, but those two years of turmoil will have forged a character that can withstand any test. Beyond any god-given skill, it's the mental side of any sport that is most important. Luke will surely look back at that time one day as the period in which he became mentally tough enough to be an elite AFL player.

And I love his press conferences, he seems like the perfect player to lead this club into the future. Amazing both on and off the field.

amazing reading through this really, only 3 years ago barely any of us knew anything about him, now he seems to be the favourite eagles player amongst us bigfooty supporters, according to the favourite eagle fans voting thing, after only 20 odd games for the club.

a credit to the guy, shows just how much of a likeable guy he is [as well as being an awesome player also]

and i agree, watching the press conference, he should definitely be a future captain of the club.

serious man crush!!!

He mightn't have known it at the time, but those two years of turmoil will have forged a character that can withstand any test. Beyond any god-given skill, it's the mental side of any sport that is most important. Luke will surely look back at that time one day as the period in which he became mentally tough enough to be an elite AFL player.

And I love his press conferences, he seems like the perfect player to lead this club into the future. Amazing both in and out of the bedroom.

Lol wut? :p

Schuey was an interesting pick at the time

Even though he was the starting midfielder for Vic Metro and won a best player award his profile as a draft pick was both low in the media and also in a lot of the Big Footy Phantom drafts (a 30ish type pick).

When i watched the the Vic Metro vs WA Under 18 he did seem a bit vanilla as a midfielder as well

So whilst i was hopefull he would turn out to be a solid inside mid, he has suprised me greatly from pretty much his first AFL game.

I will even go so far to say that game on the weekend at times was Judd like (The Carlton Version) in his ability to get through or dish off a handball in heavy traffic

Schuey was an interesting pick at the time

Even though he was the starting midfielder for Vic Metro and won a best player award his profile as a draft pick was both low in the media and also in a lot of the Big Footy Phantom drafts (a 30ish type pick).

When i watched the the Vic Metro vs WA Under 18 he did seem a bit vanilla as a midfielder as well

So whilst i was hopefull he would turn out to be a solid inside mid, he has suprised me greatly from pretty much his first AFL game.

I will even go so far to say that game on the weekend at times was Judd like (The Carlton Version) in his ability to get through or dish off a handball in heavy traffic

Shows you can't judge someone on one game. I saw him play a couple of games at Oakleigh by chance and he was then what he is now, a strong and explosive mid with great skills and the ability to run with the ball.

Anyone else think he is very similar to Cooney in style and body?

Shows you can't judge someone on one game. I saw him play a couple of games at Oakleigh by chance and he was then what he is now, a strong and explosive mid with great skills and the ability to run with the ball.

Anyone else think he is very similar to Cooney in style and body?
Not really, no.

Cooney is genuinely explosive, really powers those first few steps and dances around players in close. Shuey's a bit more smoothed and balanced. To me he moves like a more dynamic Nick Dal Santo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I love his press conferences, he seems like the perfect player to lead this club into the future. Amazing both on and off the field.

THAT, is love.

Smooth operater you!

He's going to be a gun FF but anyone feel like he moves and thinks quite slow..just looks like he's moving in slooowwwmooooo..

Re: Welcome Pick 18- Luke Schuey

Haha. And in his defense the video really didn't do his kicking justice, though I saw a few flashes of brilliance including one on his left.

A fair few were saying around draft time that his kicking was average. I'm guessing they all just watched the same video.

He's going to be a gun FF but anyone feel like he moves and thinks quite slow..just looks like he's moving in slooowwwmooooo..

On the flipside, to me it always seems like he has fantastic timing. Is very good at taking the tackle, freeing the arms and dishing off to guys on the move. He's a smooth mover through traffic as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back