Welcome Pick 18 - Luke Shuey

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep thinking Jared McVeigh off sydney. very very similar i would have thought in pace, ball use and goal kicking ability.

Wrong thread?

NO, WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT.

Lulz, I presume it was about Lycett.

He has a couple off the field the same way you could call being bullied a "flaw" but none everyone needs to know about.

Shuey bullied? That's quite sad actually, is a ripper guy from all accounts and the last type of person you'd expect to get bullied. Seems hard to believe to an extent, seems well-liked by everyone, popular and is talented so it doesn't add up.

NO, WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT.

Lulz, I presume it was about Lycett.

Shuey bullied? That's quite sad actually, is a ripper guy from all accounts and the last type of person you'd expect to get bullied. Seems hard to believe to an extent, seems well-liked by everyone, popular and is talented so it doesn't add up.

No, I could see it happening. Really nice, bubbly guys that aren't your typical alpha footballer would get a bit of hate for being 'different'. Being good too would create jealousy.

That said, I have no idea if we were able to interpret '94 Eagles' post correctly or not.

If he is bullied.....I want names, phone numbers, addresses, favourite restaurants, cafes, hobbies, where they s**t etc..

I wasn't sure if he meant Shuey was the bully but that seems even more unlikely.

No, I could see it happening. Really nice, bubbly guys that aren't your typical alpha footballer would get a bit of hate for being 'different'. Being good too would create jealousy.

That's a good point.

Re: Welcome Pick 18- Luke Schuey

Don't stereotype VM kids just because of Juddas. By the sounds of it, he doesn't sound like the kind of bloke that will walk out on his team mates:

"We had a bit of a situation with him at the start because he collided with Jackson Trengove at a training session and he was terribly upset that Jackson then had to have a knee operation and missed the year. We actually had to get Jackson to ring him and tell him not to worry about it and that it was just one of those things that happens in football.

He's a very caring kid for his teammates, but as a player he's really hard at it."

Shocked the hell out of me at the time, but the more I think about it the more I like this pick. Gives us a great combination of grunt and speed in the midfield. It's players like him that win Norm Smiths.

Found Go Eagles Orginal account

I keep thinking Jared McVeigh off sydney. very very similar i would have thought in pace, ball use and goal kicking ability.
I remember watching Jarad in his first few seasons with the Swans reserves. I thought he would never make it even though he was getting heaps of development coaching.
  2. Stand alone reserves will really help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon that guy Shuke Luey could turn into something good..
he could turn out to be a decent midfielder eventually..
expect him to step up this season, go to another level, or up a stairway,
even an escalator...hell, he might even go up another lift?
anythings possible!

Re: Welcome Pick 18- Luke Schuey

Don't stereotype VM kids just because of Juddas. By the sounds of it, he doesn't sound like the kind of bloke that will walk out on his team mates:

"We had a bit of a situation with him at the start because he collided with Jackson Trengove at a training session and he was terribly upset that Jackson then had to have a knee operation and missed the year. We actually had to get Jackson to ring him and tell him not to worry about it and that it was just one of those things that happens in football.

He's a very caring kid for his teammates, but as a player he's really hard at it."

Shocked the hell out of me at the time, but the more I think about it the more I like this pick. Gives us a great combination of grunt and speed in the midfield. It's players like him that win Norm Smiths.
Norm Smith you reckon.

Can't believe we risked missing out on Swift for this bloke

That was out of bounds, that was out of bounds.... THAT... WAS OUT... OF BOUNDS! :trophy:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1538213565254_GPP1RR4CP.1-2.jpg

There are some guys that just look like they belong from the moment they start playing. There’s just something about them that just suggests they’re a step above right from the start. Shuey was one of those - From the moment he kicked his first goal against the lions in 2010- he has looked AFL quality.

He has developed into a terrific footballer & leader- and from everything I’ve seen a terrific young man. He epitomises everything that I like about the club we are- friends, family, Flags!

I remember way back after his first game and i went to the North Port game at Footy Park with a mate. Scored members tickets and ended up sitting behind Woosh and co who were there checking out next weeks apponents.

Didn't have much to say to Woosh as I was too busy trying to hide my erection but I definitely remember asking him about Shuedog. Told him he looked the goods in his first game against Brisbane the day before. He agreed.

I remember way back after his first game and i went to the North Port game at Footy Park with a mate. Scored members tickets and ended up sitting behind Woosh and co who were there checking out next weeks apponents.

Didn't have much to say to Woosh as I was too busy trying to hide my erection but I definitely remember asking him about Shuedog. Told him he looked the goods in his first game against Brisbane the day before. He agreed.
Cool story bro

Watched Luke in a preseason intra club match. He was playing in the weaker side. 1 play he roved off a boundary throw in and slotted a 45m left foot drop punt from the boundary. My mate taped my reaction. I was totally enamoured with him.

I still think his goal kicking was at it's absolute PEAK in 2011. He was slotting them from everywhere that year. Career high season for goals (24)

Left foot sizzlers from the boundary, left foot bombs from 50m... don't think i'd ever seen such a good dual sided player before.

These days he's annoyingly unselfish. Can easily kick 55m but always looks for forwards. What a campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back