Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Daniel Curtin - Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasnt into this deal the last 24-48hrs..

mostly cause I thought we were gonna have to give up the farm to get it done… and for a KPD that just didnt sit well..

but we actually gave up very little to get it done..

so I‘m happy with it.

does he play midfield from R1 next year?.. probably not but lets atleast give him a red hot go with the midfield group over summer!

I remember a few weeks ago on 5aa campo was asked who we should target with our first pick and he said Curtin. He said we need another big bodied midfielder and Curtin would be perfect. At the time I thought there's no way we will get near Curtin and campo is dreaming. He must've had some Intel regarding this.

I remember a few weeks ago on 5aa campo was asked who we should target with our first pick and he said Curtin. He said we need another big bodied midfielder and Curtin would be perfect. At the time I thought there's no way we will get near Curtin and campo is dreaming. He must've had some Intel regarding this.
Nah man.
Genuinely no one at the crows ever dreamt of getting Curtin til a week ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm kinda shocked at how little we had to pay to get him.

I know we only moved up our first rounder two spots, and our other first slid back two spots.

But it seems kinda crazy we could grab a talent like Curtin only giving up 10 and a future 2nd (effectively)

I wasnt into this deal the last 24-48hrs..

mostly cause I thought we were gonna have to give up the farm to get it done… and for a KPD that just didnt sit well..

but we actually gave up very little to get it done..

so I‘m happy with it.

does he play midfield from R1 next year?.. probably not but lets atleast give him a red hot go with the midfield group over summer!
Yeah thought we’d have to part with F1 to do it. Absolute steal

The only downside for us I’m guessing is that we would’ve taken Goad, but North swooped first. I reckon we rated Edwards not far behind though

I'm kinda shocked at how little we had to pay to get him.

I know we only moved up our first rounder two spots, and our other first slid back two spots.

But it seems kinda crazy we could grab a talent like Curtin only giving up 10 and a future 2nd (effectively)
Especially when all things considered North should have taken him at 4.

Yeah thought we’d have to part with F1 to do it. Absolute steal

The only downside for us I’m guessing is that we would’ve taken Goad, but North swooped first. I reckon we rated Edwards not far behind though
I dont see missing goad and getting edwards as a downside tbh.. we needed a pure mid like edwards over a ruck prospect..

and goad is a crows supporter.. we can hopefully convince him to come home in a few years..

Has to be asked why he went as low as he did for someone with his skill set. He ticks pretty much every single box for a footballer except being from another state. Did we take a huge punt on something when others were more risk averse?

I like that we have taken a risk if so, but I hope we've done our diligence given our recent history.

I dont see missing goad and getting edwards as a downside tbh.. we needed a pure mid like edwards over a ruck prospect..

and goad is a crows supporter.. we can hopefully convince him to come home in a few years..
Oh yeah I don’t see it as one, I’m saying the club might’ve, seeing how much noise there was about potentially picking up Goad at 14 before North’s picks

Reckon overall we balanced our draft haul nicely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back