Toast Welcome to Freo, James Aish!

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's a pretty smooth player. He's a top ten draft pick for a reason and we got him for a salary cap dump for the rest of his career.
Have we ever had a salary cap dump? It’s a sign the list is stacked with elite talent, not something freo have had to worry about much!
In 2013, Aish was considered a top 2 pick pre draft, I think we have done beautifully to pick him up and there is definite A grade potential there.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He also fills a list gap age wise in the future. A young but experienced and classy mid who should be very good for another 6 years minimum...

He makes very few mistakes and is very clean by hand and foot. Doesn’t shirk a contest and goes when it is his turn. I would be very pleased with him and Hill on the outside of the contest.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow. More than a good Langdon replacement on paper.
Looks like he is fitting in as well.
Jls version of Ross's golden fist.

I wonder if he'll spend more time in the midfield once Wilson and/or Hill are back so he becomes a true replacement in the team for Langdon? Or does Hill or Wilson fill that void?

I really don't think Bewley or Acres will be able to fill it.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Clean and Composed. James Aish is showing what he's capable of against Port.

This guy is going to be the best bang-for-buck recruit of the last trade period, a very astute pick up. I'm very happy to have him roaming one of our wings.
Agree with your comments, but our last trade period was Aish and Acres wasn't it? He's easily in the top two. :cool:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Four and three quarters into his Freo career and I feel so sorry for this guy, he must be shaking his head at the s**t around hm

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Is this guy the best trade steal or what?
Promised a move into the wing/more attacking role. Comes here and not only is he highly professional but already a leader.
His games for us so far is so full of class and calm. Disposal efficiency is through the roof. Great to watch run around for Freo. Been huge for us so far

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Yeah I think I talked him up during the trade period when it all surfaced, but he is actually better than I thought.
We made good on our promise to play him more offensively- wing/inside mid. He’s relishing it.
I honestly think his best position is inside mid/centre bounces. He seems to have acres of space and limitless time to use the ball. A smooth mover like Pendlebury and Mundy

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We made good on our promise to play him more offensively- wing/inside mid. He’s relishing it.
I honestly think his best position is inside mid/centre bounces. He seems to have acres of space and limitless time to use the ball. A smooth mover like Pendlebury and Mundy
he was outstanding there in the Marsh game against Carlton

Back