Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sold. Has a great football brain & excellent discipline to hold shape.
Arrived tonight for me.
Yup, got a free tix tonight and plonked myself high up on the wing, Sharp side, and totally agree with his discipline to hold shape. He can leg it all day so can afford to keep shape and while not always used, is valuable because he's mostly right place right time.

You would think he has a fair bit of upside given his lack of consistent AFL footy at GC.

Loved the contested mark in defence, that will get a play on review.

Also did some nice things with the footy.

Team mates will still be getting used to him, if expect by the end of the season they will use him more often.

If he can increase his offensive impact that’ll really make him. Getting it very wide at the moment, obviously we are trying to stretch the ground so we can go thru the middle, so playing his role in that sense.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.png
    IMG_3275.png
    424.7 KB · Views: 120
I honestly thought he got more of the ball than he did. Played well. Perhaps could be used a bit more on the outside by his team mates. That defensive mark I did not know he had that capacity.

Also he was robbed one possession by the umpires. That deft tap on by Young and the subsequent ground ball pick up by Sharp was not a free kick against. Young had already affected the touch and the Adelaide player came across thereafter. Terrible decision and stopped Sharp who off to the races down the wing. The way those two combined in that contest at half back was brilliant.

I honestly thought he got more of the ball than he did. Played well. Perhaps could be used a bit more on the outside by his team mates. That defensive mark I did not know he had that capacity.

Also he was robbed one possession by the umpires. That deft tap on by Young and the subsequent ground ball pick up by Sharp was not a free kick against. Young had already affected the touch and the Adelaide player came across thereafter. Terrible decision and stopped Sharp who off to the races down the wing. The way those two combined in that contest at half back was brilliant.
Not to mention the Adelaide player was literally kneeling on the ground before making any contact with young. Can't take out the legs if the legs are already resting on the ground??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays too much like Acres for me in terms of kicking. Great running and defence but too many big bombs forward and missed kicks. Why do we continuously trade/FA pick up average wingers who work hard but arent great at the fundamentals? Aish and Him on each wing, no wonder our forwards can't take a mark I50 when they're given feck all chance.

He just got interviewed on ABC radio and said his favourite player as a kid growing up was Sharrod Wellingham
Delist

Plays too much like Acres for me in terms of kicking. Great running and defence but too many big bombs forward and missed kicks. Why do we continuously trade/FA pick up average wingers who work hard but arent great at the fundamentals? Aish and Him on each wing, no wonder our forwards can't take a mark I50 when they're given feck all chance.
The honest answer is probably salary cap. We don’t value the wing position and just want someone who will run up and down all day getting to defensive contests and getting metres gained. Would rather save money from an elite winger and spend elsewhere

The honest answer is probably salary cap. We don’t value the wing position and just want someone who will run up and down all day getting to defensive contests and getting metres gained. Would rather save money from an elite winger and spend elsewhere
An elite winger is overrated imo. We've had Weller, Langdon, Hill, Acres, Henry all leave as wingers and yet consistently find other players to plug into that role. As long as they can get back defensively and get good meters gained per kick then they'll do the job just fine.

Have you been watching the games? Aish has been playing half back all pre-season games and the first three AFL games. The other wing has been taken up by a combo of Brayshaw, Johnson and Banfield. Aish is no longer a winger.

This made me laugh so hard, epic but also accurate.
I think it is being a little kind to Sharp. Not as high a bomb as Acres but he certainly puts it up there. Sharp does need to lower the eyes a bit more sometimes but he also has good depth in his kicking.

He has played what 30 AFL games. Wait till he has least played 50.
WC got help from the AfL to recruit P Matera.
We paid nothing for him so how can you complain?
We have zero assistance so if we do well it’s all on us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back