Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Oliver Hayes-Brown (Category B Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, only 2 spots available which are both used. I suspect that Mate Colina may not be given another year given his back issues.

It’s possible although if it were to happen it would more than likely have been announced alongside Bradtke’s delisting.

The Cat-B rookie list in its current form has been in existence for 10 years. Richmond has not had both spots filled during that time. I suspect that it has more to do with difficulty in actually getting a Cat-B rookie to join than anything related to Mate.

Although I f Charlie Naish falls through the draft as a father/son he may be the Cat-B rookie and would see Colina delisted.

It’s possible although if it were to happen it would more than likely have been announced alongside Bradtke’s delisting.

The Cat-B rookie list in its current form has been in existence for 10 years. Richmond has not had both spots filled during that time. I suspect that it has more to do with difficulty in actually getting a Cat-B rookie to join than anything related to Mate.

Although I f Charlie Naish falls through the draft as a father/son he may be the Cat-B rookie and would see Colina delisted.

They did the exit meetings on the B's today and up to Ca. 10 players.

They start from Clarke tomorrow then Colina. ;)

At that size & height, just leave him in the goal square and kick it on his head

Will kick 50 a game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Whale re-incarnated!

Yes it does as we have limted cat b spots.

Since we already have a project dinosaur bball plyer, why use the other on a better Irish prospect
Will Colina go on a LTI list perhaps

I hope he has more success than the other hyphenated players that we have recruited.

Jarrod Oakleigh-Nichols
Derrick Eggmolesse-Smith
Riley Collier-Dawson
Callum Coleman-Jones
Yep, hyphens have not exactly been our special success long suit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose we are trying t go the outside route to a long term ruck.

But
wow-just-wow-5ccc83.jpg

No, only 2 spots available which are both used. I suspect that Mate Colina may not be given another year given his back issues.
When did it go down to 2 ?

"In addition to these six rookie-listed players, each club can include up to three additional players (now referred to as Category B rookies) on its Rookie List provided the player either"

When did it go down to 2 ?

"In addition to these six rookie-listed players, each club can include up to three additional players (now referred to as Category B rookies) on its Rookie List provided the player either"

I think the third added cat-b spot came at the start of last list management period when the
AFL allowed NGA Academy players who aren’t drafted in the National Draft to go on the Cat-B list.

Eg Anthony Mankara at Essendon.

I think the third added cat-b spot came at the start of last list management period when the
AFL allowed NGA Academy players who aren’t drafted in the National Draft to go on the Cat-B list.

Eg Anthony Mankara at Essendon.

When you google AFL cat b rookies

there are articles way back from 2018 that say its 2 cat B rookies and even the lates in 2022 still has 3 cat b mentioned
I always knew it to be 3 until the poster above mentioned 2

will be 24yrs old before he has even played 1 VFL game. Let’s hope for some rapid development.

Think it took Soldo 4yrs to develop in to an average player. Played decent footy after 5 yrs when he teamed up with Nank in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back