Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Oliver Hayes-Brown (Category B Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok great picture so we can work out from this just how tall OHB actually is, rather than the Balme engineered approximation being published.

We can see next to him are the goal posts which I know for a fact are 35 feet high. They come to his belly button. His height should be roughly 1.6 x this. 35 x 1.6 = 56.

So we have legit just signed a 56 foot tall player that can jump. Nobody will beat us now. :)

He’s actually Scott Pendelberry height and used to play basketball

Di
Can only have so many total rookies. IIRC we had 9 total (8 normal & 1cat b), now we have 7 normal & 2 cat b.

We also have 32 senior listed at present, which leaves us with a total of 41, which means we have 3 senior list spots
Can only have so many total rookies. IIRC we had 9 total (8 normal & 1cat b), now we have 7 normal & 2 cat b.

We also have 32 senior listed at present, which leaves us with a total of 41, which means we have 3 senior list spots available
Did you just make that up to cover up your original statement being wrong?

Category B has nothing to do with Category A. They are separate. I think it is 6 max Cat A. And 3 max Cat B. You can’t have 9 Cat A because u don’t have any Cat B.

Di

Did you just make that up to cover up your original statement being wrong?

Category B has nothing to do with Category A. They are separate. I think it is 6 max Cat A. And 3 max Cat B. You can’t have 9 Cat A because u don’t have any Cat B.
No, as I understand the CBA list rules list sizes are capped at 44. 36 minimum senior listed and up to 8 rookies, with a maximum of 6 Cat A and maximum 3 Cat B. We had 9 total rookies (due to retirements & LTI during the year) and cut Bradtke before signing Hayes-Brown.

We will no doubt make more cuts between now and list lodgements to get to the required 44.

No, as I understand the CBA list rules list sizes are capped at 44. 36 minimum senior listed and up to 8 rookies, with a maximum of 6 Cat A and maximum 3 Cat B. We had 9 total rookies (due to retirements & LTI during the year) and cut Bradtke before signing Hayes-Brown.

We will no doubt make more cuts between now and list lodgements to get to the required 44.

I think when with the two MSD picks - which go straight to the Cat A rookie list - the club ‘elevates’ two players on the Cat A rookie list to the primary list, always maintaining a maximum of 6 on the Cat A rookie list.

Now that you don’t need to be on the primary list to play the Seniors gone are the days where they’re made public.

My understanding may be wrong though.

He's a speculative pick. Low risk. Has trained with us in off-season. Also through Perth Wildcats has spent a few years in an elite sporting environment. At 23 he has a very short window of opportunity to get up to speed. Club obviously sees something they like in him. 6'10" bit younger and probably more mobile than Soldo. Perhaps see him partnering Ryan as our future ruck pairing.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t be worse than Mason Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back