Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Oliver Hayes-Brown (Category B Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

I call bullshit
You have no mates
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Ok great picture so we can work out from this just how tall OHB actually is, rather than the Balme engineered approximation being published.

We can see next to him are the goal posts which I know for a fact are 35 feet high. They come to his belly button. His height should be roughly 1.6 x this. 35 x 1.6 = 56.

So we have legit just signed a 56 foot tall player that can jump. Nobody will beat us now. :)
But is he good below his knees?

Seems like it? Otherwise Colina would've been cut when Bradtke was, wouldn't he?

Soldo is 100% gone if Colina is sticking around.
Bradtke was an easy decision, a big lump that was never going to make it. Delisting him frees up a rookie spot. We need also elevate or delist another rookie as we still have 7 and the maximum is 6.

1694472040120.png

We can keep Colena for another year as a Cat B rookie, but can't see both him and Hayes-Brown playing in the VFL at the same time.
I suspect the decision on whether to keep Colina is still pending.

Looks like he has a footy background from his comments

Richmond add to list with signing of basketball talent

The Tigers have added further height to their squad, with former basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brow earning a contract at Punt Road earlier this week.

The 23-year-old stands at a towering 208 centimetres, weighs in at 114 kilograms, and played for the NBL's Perth Wildcats last year before plying his trade for the NBL1's Keilor in 2023.

“I have always loved my footy, and I have got to an age now where I thought if I don't switch now, I never will,” Hayes-Brown said.

“There is a great group of guys here, and just being a part of the Richmond Football Club is super amazing.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he has a footy background from his comments

Richmond add to list with signing of basketball talent

The Tigers have added further height to their squad, with former basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brow earning a contract at Punt Road earlier this week.

The 23-year-old stands at a towering 208 centimetres, weighs in at 114 kilograms, and played for the NBL's Perth Wildcats last year before plying his trade for the NBL1's Keilor in 2023.

I have always loved my footy, and I have got to an age now where I thought if I don't switch now, I never will,” Hayes-Brown said.

“There is a great group of guys here, and just being a part of the Richmond Football Club is super amazing.”
Screenshot_2017-05-31-13-15-41.png

Bradtke was an easy decision, a big lump that was never going to make it. Delisting him frees up a rookie spot. We need also elevate or delist another rookie as we still have 7 and the maximum is 6.

View attachment 1800629

We can keep Colena for another year as a Cat B rookie, but can't see both him and Hayes-Brown playing in the VFL at the same time.
It also could of been Bradtke’s decision as well or a decision that both parties agreed on
Just because he was delisted doesn’t mean he was desperate to keep playing and we gave him the axe

No, because we had a spare Cat B Rookie spot.
Correct we had the spare Cat B spot, but as you point out in your next post we were/are over our maximum number of rookies, so we needed to cut Bradtke regardless.

View attachment 1800629

FWIW I believe Young & Miller get elevated with Nyoun delisted which will tidy up the rookie situation.

Lets start a new chant as hes kicking for goal;
O H B for THREE!
O H B for THREE!
O H B for THREE!

(continue until shot clock elapses)

I reckon this dude will snap someone in half in a game. Probably that guy from Melbourne with spiky long hair at front or mason cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back