Were you on the old Members Forum?

Remove this Banner Ad

ajmart

Debutant
Mar 13, 2002
adelaide
Other Teams
crows
I know some of the names but did anyone go by another name on the old Forum.

I think we should keep hassling the AFC to resurrect it

Cheers,

ajmart

I liked the interaction with other Crows supporters without some of the idiots from other clubs who visit us here.

I also liked the interaction with the club.

You can always have the best of both worlds. It was not meant to be one or the other as this is not part of the AFC website

I wasn't on it but I'd say it would be better than this as you'd only get Crows people on it.

There is/was an "adelaidecrows" email chat group on yahoogroups but noone uses it anymore - I think its still there!

The old forum was great, because Steven Sanders and then Matty Robran would actually give feedback every day, and explain or help out with stuff we needed to know.

Also it was a chance for us fans to let the Club know how we felt about things - works both ways. I felt it made them a bit more accountable.

Has any one tried the chat with Matty Robran on Tuesday afternoons? I used to log in, but it was a waste of time, because half the time he wasn't there, or if he was, there were people just mucking about. Couldn't really get any serious stuff going.

I hardly ever, ever, ever log onto the official AFC or the AFL site any more.

Originally posted by Crow54
The old forum was great, because Steven Sanders and then Matty Robran would actually give feedback every day, and explain or help out with stuff we needed to know.

Also it was a chance for us fans to let the Club know how we felt about things - works both ways. I felt it made them a bit more accountable.

Has any one tried the chat with Matty Robran on Tuesday afternoons? I used to log in, but it was a waste of time, because half the time he wasn't there, or if he was, there were people just mucking about. Couldn't really get any serious stuff going.

I hardly ever, ever, ever log onto the official AFC or the AFL site any more.

I hardly ever log on to the crows site as well Crows54 it's just become to AFLized & as for the members chat ditto, used to enjoy the old forum just crow people & good feedback from the club, but i do remember a certain pap head called Johnny who was let loose for a while causing a bit of agro,
Still Big Footys not a bad substitute i love it,:)

I can't remember the last time I went to the AFC website.

As soon as Telstra took over, I lost interest... I much prefer the old websites, personally.

This place is far better anyway. The only thing missing is the feedback from Stephen Sanders and Matt Robran.

Originally posted by dezzmo
I wasn't on it but I'd say it would be better than this as you'd only get Crows people on it.

There is/was an "adelaidecrows" email chat group on yahoogroups but noone uses it anymore - I think its still there!

I (mostly) like the other supporters coming on our board. It's kinda fun. Some of them even have intelligent things to say (although this is rarely the case when one of their club colours is teal).

Both times I have been to chat it has been pretty good. The first time was when both Fitzy and Robran were there. There was only about 5 people and I had all my questions answered. It was actually pretty good and very laid back. I am going to have another go this Tues as I have an RDO from work. So will let you know how it all goes!

the last few times i was there, matty didnt turn up cos he was given leave from the club to spend time with his new child. he comes back this tuesday. I've always found it quite useful, matty always answered my questions and had some fun with the supporters. Talking to Macca was a buzz aswell.

Crows Forum

Those were the days! I loved the forum on the old site - it was a lot of fun and the interaction between supporters and the club was terrific. This isn't a bad substitute, however I don't have much time for opposition supporters so sometimes this site drives be nuts!

As for the nickname I use, well generally I am known around the traps (chats, here etc) as KBCrowgirl, name is actually Kristie although I don't use that often and if you go on the chat sessions my nick is normally something with STEVO19 in it.

By the way if you want any info or questions asked contact Matty Robran at MRobran@afc.com.au - he always replys to me - and if he is ment to be on a chat session and he isn't there, send him a hurry up email - I always do!

k
xx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back