West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

"can't understand logic"

Yeah right, and all those Brisbane 300 game players, i suppose they never got battered and bruised?

Melbourne has 1 300 game player, i suppose Melbourne were a target, hit em and hit em hard.

All i see is another sook fest from the west.

WRONG. Dont live in WA, never have.

All I see is a tosser I wont waste any more time with who is now on my ignore list.

Still not over that 2018 decider from the looks of it.

See ya.....:):thumbsu:;)

Last edited:

Depends which West Coast shows up this year. We are weird like that. On our day we are the best team in the competition, then suddenly we aren't, then we are again. We have the cattle, no doubt about that (You have the AA ruck serving it to Kelly, Gaff, Shuey, Yeo and Sheed, with another AA up front and another AA downback). It's all between the ears with this mob.

Last edited:
Depends which West Coast shows up this year. We are weird like that. On our day we are the best team in the competition, then suddenly we aren't, then we are again. We have the cattle, no doubt about that (You have the AA ruck serving it to Kelly, Gaff, Shuey, Yeo and Sheed, with another AA up front and another AA downback). It's all between the ears with this mob.

3 AA's up front and 3 AA's down back.

Best talls/bookends in the league IMO. Have always liked your back and forward line and rated them very highly. Now you guys also have an elite midfield to go with it. You're right, no excuses this year. Should finish top 4 at a minimum.

Will finish top 4 as long as Nic Nat can play 75% of the season at full fitness..
They were average last season and still finished 5th.. Yeo also missed a lot of footy.
I expect Tim Kelly to reach the level he played at with the Cats.
Witherden will be a good pick up for them as well.

Best talls/bookends in the league IMO. Have always liked your back and forward line and rated them very highly. Now you guys also have an elite midfield to go with it. You're right, no excuses this year. Should finish top 4 at a minimum.
Couple of passengers in the midfield so I wouldnt say they are "elite", but we have a somewhat favourable draw this year so expect to be up there again.

Will come down to whether or not we can keep guys like Yeo/ Kennedy/ Shuey/ Nic on the park. And covid, of course.

Couple of passengers in the midfield so I wouldnt say they are "elite", but we have a somewhat favourable draw this year so expect to be up there again.

Will come down to whether or not we can keep guys like Yeo/ Kennedy/ Shuey/ Nic on the park. And covid, of course.

Can see Oscar Allen taking another step and becoming one of the best young key forwards in the game this season...guys like waterman, rotham & Brander all look like they have something..your depth is strong enough to cover injuries

I just want to state that I’ m no physician & the information gathered is from studies readily available on search engines.

It’s a credit to David Mundy & his 332 games. His preparation must be elite as the only midfielder from W.A. to have played over 300 games. It’s a difficult statistic to use the 82, 300 club players, to determine the affects of long distance travel & the production of games played. Especially as there’s only been two players from WA.
The problems that come into play are:.
  1. Distance travelled: Time Zones.
  2. Time between games
  3. Time of flight: Jet lag (Circadian rhythm) (diurnal rhythms) & (cortisol levels), DVT
  4. Game load (km & contested possessions)
  5. Diet: drying affect(humidity levels of flights can be as low as 10%)

Studies have been limited in the last years due to COVID-19, however previously the studies were focused on post game recovery.
Red cell blood counts (RBC) that carries oxygen, (hemoglobin (Hgb) levels)
The body does produce RBC when the levels are low , however these studies are limited to shorter flights.
Studies have found flights from 3 to 7 hours to have an affect on the circadian sleep cycles.(particularly when passing 3 time zones)
I‘m no doctor, but there’s probably little doubt among sports science that long haul flights affect the body’s physiology.

I’m not going to even try to understand the AFL’s fixture method, but if they were to calculate potential player health, or takeaways of sports science, then flights under 3 hours should be considered for distant clubs.
This should start with Queensland teams playing Perth teams in Adelaide & Perth teams shouldn’t be playing in Tasmania, also the longer flights should demand longer 7 day breaks. ( I’m sure this is already demanded)
Hubs need to consider time zones travelled. No more of this not knowing a return date, as this just increases stress, rhythms & levels, the idea teams must transverse 3 time zones to play 4 or 5 games on short breaks is ludicrous. Studies have found this to affect physiology thus diminish performance.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

So up to 2017 Tigers were playing and losing to Geelong in Geelong. And then the Tigers started winning these Geelong 'home game's when played at the MCG.

What a fortunate change in fixturing.

Almost as if Geelong are more familiar and confident playing in Geelong v Richmond. Massive benefit to the opposition giving up home ground advantage to play where the Tigers are very comfortable v playing somewhere they rarely win.

Tough away game that Geelong trip.

Some teams just get a leg up from AFL fixturing and avoid playing in Geelong. Lucky Tigers. Just like being gifted an early kill against Carlton when they were rebuilding.
Just want to clarify something here. Is it travel or is it home ground that provides and advantage/disadvantage? Or both?
Give us a rough idea on a percentage eg 50% of home ground advantage is travel and 50% is playing on your home ground.

Great to see a WC thread on the Mb for all the Richmond supporters to continue their obsession with us. You guys really are a weird bunch.
As far as advantages goes, having 10 games at Optus against traveling sides might help us limp into the 8, but that is pretty useless when you have to win multiple finals on the road from there to win a flag. If we don’t finish top 2 we’re cooked. And you need to overcome a hell of a lot of disadvantage and win on the road to finish top two when you’re not based in Victoria.
The most advantaged teams are the ones which get gifted home finals regardless of ladder position. The mcg tenants.
Except only one of the top 10 contributors on this thread is a Richmond supporter.
Damn. Don't you just hate how basic facts always destroy your narrative and make you look the fool?
Must be so embarrassing. If you had any self awareness that is.

Except only one of the top 10 contributors on this thread is a Richmond supporter.
Damn. Don't you just hate how basic facts always destroy your narrative and make you look the fool?
Two of the top ten actually. If you want to promote basic facts it might be a good idea to get them right.

The top twenty contributors all have a minimum of ten posts, of those there are 11 Eagles posters and 6 Richmond posters, including yourself

In a thread about West Coast

If self awareness was your strong point you would have given yourself an uppercut to the face by now.

Richmond fans and facts don't mix too well either.

Like all the whinging, complaining and crying your players and coach did 12 months ago. You seem to forget about that when taking pot shots at other clubs.

But carry on..............I'm sure you will.

My bad. Looks like a Richmond poster has made it to 10th. So 1 in the top 9.

Bully for you 👍
Maybe ensure you’re able to demonstrate the ability to count to ten next time before claiming intellectual superiority

Basic facts seem a bit of a stretch for you

If self awareness was your strong point you would have given yourself an uppercut to the face by now.

Richmond fans and facts don't mix too well either.

Like all the whinging, complaining and crying your players and coach did 12 months ago. You seem to forget about that when taking pot shots at other clubs.

But carry on..............I'm sure you will.
Hi Obe1
I was wondering if you might answer the question I asked earlier?

It’s been suggested in media circles:
The AFL couldn’t possibly be serious about sanctioning back to back derbies to start the season. Theyre going to f#ck this season as well. I’m convinced they don’t have a clue. They should all be sacked with the proceeds added to the soft cap. The competition would run smoother without their thought bubbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back