West Coast Eagles 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be disappointed if “this group” only wins the 2018 flag. I feel like we have the most stars, with D Martin the superstar separating us from Rich

Kennedy
Darling
Ryan
Naitanui
McGovern
Kelly
Gaff
Yeo
Shuey

borderline
Hurn
Allen
Sheppard
Barrass

And hopefully a touch of Willie Rioli magic to top it off in the finals.

But tempering expectations, this was one game early in the season, and Yeo and Shuey no certainties to feature prominently this year.
But this is why, as the Gov once said "ya gotta love your footy"

Damien Barrett is such a knob.

After last year's trade period, he was opining that WC hadn't done enough to keep their window open. Not sure what WC were meant to have done? Now he's sliding off his chair.

All the players that have given him a little stiffy were proven performers coming into 2021. OMG who knew that NicNat, Kelly, JK, Darling, Allen and Ryan were handy?

Look at his latest hot take. Newsflash: WC have some good players!

Last edited:
I just hope like 2018 we debut a lot of new players again it was part of the success of that season
Zan Trew as a inside mid excites me his kicking for a inside mid is amazing
Harry Edwards as a 200cm backman that moves so well
Isiah Winder who looks something special one touch magic player

Those three all being rookies is even more impressive

Its giving reason to watch the beagles each week seeing these player develop.

Damien Barrett is such a knob.

After last year's trade period, he was opining that WC hadn't done enough to keep their window open. Not sure what WC were meant to have done? Now he's sliding off his chair.

All the players that have given him a little stiffy were proven performers coming into 2021. OMG who knew that NicNat, Kelly, JK, Darling, Allen and Ryan were handy?

Look at his latest hot take. Newsflash: WC have some good players!

He’ll jump off us next week if we drop that game to the Saints.

Has the memory of a goldfish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if the eagles won that game vs the dogs? Eagles would of been 3-0.
Looking at the fixture, I'd have taken 3-3 without further injuries.

Shuey has gone down so I'm hoping for 4-2 without further casualties. But I'd still take 3-3.

Injuries to our midfield really hurt. We can cover injuries much better at either end but dont have much cover in the middle. The next guy in for Shuey is Xavier O'Neill, who is promising but has played 7 games. We don't have a reliable mature body who's played 60+ games to come straight in.

Get to Finals with the list in good nick physically and the Eagles have as good a shot as anybody.

The Natanui/Tim Kelly combo is rolled gold; Ryan adds such a lethal dimension to a forward line that already features 3 genuine tall forward threats.

Get Shuey right and they will be really difficult to overcome; would be managing NicNat like an Aussie Fast Bowler at this stage; he is incredibly valuable.

Get to Finals with the list in good nick physically and the Eagles have as good a shot as anybody.
I agree but I'm not sure we can do it without the full complement in the midfield. Kelly, Sheed, Gaff and Redden is strong but adding Yeo and Shuey turns it into a strength rather than a break-even.

The gap between that first-choice six and the next man in is massive. At this rate, Hutchings will go from looking finished to playing every week. Maybe we should have gone after another mature recruit, even if they weren't top-liners.

No idea how we did it without Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard in 2018.

WC need to get through a tricky period before the end of April.

R4: St Kilda (a)
R5: Collingwood (h)
R6: Geelong (a)

Can they get to 4-2? I'd take that. I'd probably take 3-3 at a pinch, although I'd be annoyed by any loss against St Kilda or Collingwood. Geelong in Geelong I can accept.

But then it opens up and WC could string a few together, fingers crossed. No guarantees obviously but six games against sides that probably won't play finals.

R7: Fremantle (h)
R8: Hawthorn (a)
R9: Adelaide (h)
R10: GWS (a)
R11: Essendon (h)
R12: Carlton (a)

So really WC should be setting their sights on 8-4 or 9-3. Anything worse than that and we've probably blown a few, meaning ambitions will need to be tempered.

And then it's the big game against Richmond in Perth in R13, followed by the Bulldogs also in Perth and Sydney away. Massive. A mini finals series in June.

This group is full of gutless pretenders who think you can play 2 quarters of footy and win a game.

Won't go near a cup again, will float between 5 and 8 and club admin won't care because we'll continue to make plenty of cash.

Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back