West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not clicking the link but at face value, on that headline, I’m not taking it - so I don’t blame your lot for not taking it either.

And I do sincerely put my hand up to apologise for suggesting otherwise.

Clearly, I was wrong.

You can already see the Victorian narrative 'Eagles reject THREE first rounders on top of pick 2!'

The other first rounders were 15, 17 and 18 which we also now know slid back even further due to academy picks anyway.

I don't think they should get a priority pick, given Tasmania is coming in soon.
They will get good picks again this likely the number #1 pick again.

This is why WC will get some PP's, because the AFL will want the WC basketcase issue fixed so they can get a clear run at helping Tassie.

Imagine the squealing if we have the Tassie draft assistance main course cooked up with a flavouring of WC PP's.

Sweet

We're a Margot Robbie group of supporters but I wouldn't kick Taylor out of bed for farting.

"I Farted and He Tolerated It" - the next Spotify #1 for TayTay.

Also, none of those offers were inherently terrible. In many years, they'd have been extremely good.

I guess recruiters just saw that big of a gap between Reid and the rest, not that there's not extremely talented players in the top 10.

Most of the noise is around WCE refusing to split the pick but it's crickets on the front of Vic clubs offering the farm for him. In fact, they were heavily pushed by Vic media to offer to the world to WCE so they wouldn't pick him, on top of the homesickness crap all year.

The man himself put paid to the homesickness rumours and WCE picked him.

It's why Lyon's still so salty about it.

This is why WC will get some PP's, because the AFL will want the WC basketcase issue fixed so they can get a clear run at helping Tassie.

Imagine the squealing if we have the Tassie draft assistance main course cooked up with a flavouring of WC PP's.

Sweet
Nah, they'll be too busy bailing out Richmond to care about WCE.

Back on topic, don't want the priority pick myself. I also genuinely think we'll do better this year (low bar, obviously)

But it would be remiss of the organisation if we don't ask for one with a similar year to 2023 this year, and the precedent of North.

Sweet
And this is why I’m against you blokes getting one;

You’re the West Coast Eagles. The biggest swinging d1cks in the league (and I mean that with admiration and full respect)

You guys win flags every decade for fun.

You’re THE powerhouse.

Yeah you’re in the cold a bit now and that big swinging d1ck is a little small, it you’re the *ing Eagles.

If you guys can’t navigate a few bumps, who *ing can?

Back on topic, don't want the priority pick myself. I also genuinely think we'll do better this year (low bar, obviously)

But it would be remiss of the organisation if we don't ask for one with a similar year to 2023 this year, and the precedent of North.

Better?

Only way they could do better is if they have dumped a million bucks on WC not win a game in 2024 - SB was offering odds of 41:1 for this the other week.

And this is why I’m against you blokes getting one;

You’re the West Coast Eagles. The biggest swinging d1cks in the league (and I mean that with admiration and full respect)

You guys win flags every decade for fun.

You’re THE powerhouse.

Yeah you’re in the cold a bit now and that big swinging d1ck is a little small, it you’re the *ing Eagles.

If you guys can’t navigate a few bumps, who *ing can?
The issue is really the compromised nature of the draft, as well as having the same salary cap as everyone else.

Very difficult to attract quality players from interstate who aren't West Australian and even then, it's still hard.

WA and SA clubs only have the draft to rely on, or trying to poach players back from interstate.

If the draft wasn't compromised as heavily as it currently is, we'd have no issue.

Better?

Only way they could do better is if they have dumped a million bucks on WC not win a game in 2024 - SB was offering odds of 41:1 for this the other week.
You beat last years prelim finalists last year. Surely you’ll win one this year.
The issue is really the compromised nature of the draft, as well as having the same salary cap as everyone else.

Very difficult to attract quality players from interstate who aren't West Australian and even then, it's still hard.

WA and SA clubs only have the draft to rely on, or trying to poach players back from interstate.

If the draft wasn't compromised as heavily as it currently is, we'd have no issue.
Would you be open to a cost of living allowance? 🤣🤣

Would you be open to a cost of living allowance? 🤣🤣
100% but it's cheaper in Perth than most other cities unfortunately, so all we can ask for is access to our academy talent, of which there's only 1 expected to go in the first 2 rounds this year, as well as some kind of draft assistance.

Personally, I'd prefer additional soft cap allowance but the North asked for that and the AFL said no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% but it's cheaper in Perth than most other cities unfortunately, so all we can ask for is access to our academy talent, of which there's only 1 expected to go in the first 2 rounds this year, as well as some kind of draft assistance.

Personally, I'd prefer additional soft cap allowance but the North asked for that and the AFL said no.
You guys will be fine.

Too strong. Too big.

You’re not peasants.

Yeah but with 'equalisation' it doesn't really mean s**t.

Some clubs are more equal than others, after all.
Mate we’re bottom of the barrel cap in hand every *ing year.

An outpost that is not even at novelty level yet.

If we can’t respect the big boys (you lot) then there’s no hope for anyone.

At the end of the day we should both be campaigning against VicBias !

You realise WCE bails out the poor teams each year, including GWS, right? What happens when fans stop attending their home games?
Don’t you guys have a wait list for memberships with game day access?

Doesn’t matter if they don’t turn up, they’ve still paid their hard earned to secure their seat.

The money is still there, even though the fans are not.

I reckon if they'd ask they might get a couple of 2nds (one at the start and one at the end plus their own = 3 in total) to get the WA kids not projected to be top 15 like Allan, Roberts, Harvey, Martinson and Boxshall as with Tassie coming in they'll need MEGA CONCESSIONS

Interesting, low bar seems too high.

I reckon if they'd ask they might get a couple of 2nds (one at the start and one at the end plus their own = 3 in total) to get the WA kids not projected to be top 15 like Allan, Roberts, Harvey, Martinson and Boxshall as with Tassie coming in they'll need MEGA CONCESSIONS

Surely they’d get a future second and future third that must be traded.

Just like what north got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back