Game Day West Coast Replacements v Fremantle B Graders, Optus Stadium, Sunday April 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Simpson's presser should be enlightening... Or not.

We just have to learn and get better.

Yeah we're missing a few soldiers but that's a reason, not an excuse.

I don't think it's simply about tackling, it's not a metric we particularly measure.

We're up for the fight.

toy monkey GIF

I keep naming in my head who is missing from our best 22 then I go yeah that's right him to. Oh and him. OAllen and Yeo are the 2 I keep forgetting as they are actually injured not just missing through "protocol"
People keeping talking about COVID and all the changes and all that but the scary part is that this team really isn't actually that far from what you could conceivably call a best 22.

People keeping talking about COVID and all the changes and all that but the scary part is that this team really isn't actually that far from what you could conceivably call a best 22.

But there's a difference between spoon and a bottom 6 side though

Last edited:
Yeah Freo deserve the win. We are ******* s**t and Simmo pisses me off sitting in the box like a stunned mullet.
Yes the confidence is low atm one of the worst times for the club due to COVID and the injuries

going to take time wouldn't surprise me if we win the spoon this year....I had us bottom four but by the looks of it the team is not very good

just need to be patient for a few years

Yeah Freo deserve the win. We are ******* s**t and Simmo pisses me off sitting in the box like a stunned mullet.

Funny thing is Freo didn't do anything ground breaking to beat us. We just continue on with same tactical mistakes that have cost us over and over again to the point even the s**t teams have a good chance to beat us.

Dude when you consistently have 14/15 changes a week due to injuries and COVID you are going to struggle

players are coming back with no preseason injured and some never even trained with the playing group over the preseason

You just cannot compete and expect to win games with those issues

Yeo Duggan Kelly Allen Shuey Barrass Cripps Sheed Cole all out that's 9 out of your best 22 for this game....what do you expect ??

I forget Willie so thats 10 out of 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scores from turnover: 73-9

Not even trying to football anymore.
Its a problem caused by the way we are playing the game - we do not want to play man-on-man accountable football, and we dont want to chase oppo players out of our setup zones.

Unfortunately the way we want to play has well and truly been countered by the majority of sides looking to play fast, transition footy. Simmo has been bleating about how they changed the gameplan over the break, but today shows that truthfully the side really hasnt changed tactically. We're still looking to play stop/start football, still looking for the wing, still playing a man down at the stoppage, and still cant arrest players breaking through our structures with pace.

But there's a difference between spoon and a bottom 6 side though
The last time we got the spoon it was pick four. I'm ok with us bottoming out this year. Happy to push a few teams but a quick rebuild would be great. Finishing ninth isn't going to help us.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

If we lost by 10 goals last week and put up a fight this week I'd give the changes argument a bit more credence. Would hate to have seen that game if Fyfe, Mundy, Serong and Darcy were playing.

Other than McGovern and Hurn - who Freo kept kicking it to - our better players were Dixon, Naish, West... my man Jones had a go but was clearly hampered and eventually subbed off. Which senior players stood up in the absence of Shuey, Yeo, Duggan, Rioli etc?

Without Shuey (32 years old this year, played 20 games the last 2 years) and Yeo (29, 22) we have a bottom 4 midfield. Kelly was out too but as I've been saying since 2018 he's not a #1 mid's a-hole.

Meh, exactly what I expected today. Knowing we have no chance of glory this season I'm actually enjoying seeing the new blood have a run on the field. Always going to stick by the boys, is what it is atm.

What new blood? Hough, dixon, naish and sps.. theres nothing else there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back