Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S25 team thread - Well done NickCC, WCW B&F winner

Remove this Banner Ad

The Crowwie (leading goal scorer)

Let's not focus on this award too much because I can't be bothered talking about myself for too long :p.....

That's not true! I ******* dominated the first month of Qooty by kicking 25 goals in 4 games. After that I basically did nothing though and finished with 60 something goals for the season. Not a bad effort but sluggish from someone who started do bloody well. Oh well, the Fred medal will have to wait another season.

But congrats to me for winning the award. I'll cheers to myself

tenor.gif

We kick off the next 4 rounds of write-ups done by our BB medal winner... SSwans2011

Round 9 vs Furries:
I often wonder how the competition let such an average club like the Furies win 5 Premierships. If the SFA gave out premierships based on how many memorable posters you have had throughout your history, the Wonders would possess those 5 Furies premierships... and then some.

But unfortunately, mediocrity is often rewarded in this competition, and thus we have the #firsttosixbattle.

At times, this match read a lot like the Tigers bored. The issue for the Furies is that the Wonders have the best of those Tigers posters.

The match itself was a tight, exciting affair. It was a back and forth tussle, and both teams struggled to really gain an ascendancy. The Wonders lead at quarter time, but only took a four point lead in, which should have been greater, had we not wasted opportunities. The Furies then lead for the majority of the second and third quarters, but could never pull away. A 5-goal final quarter was enough for the Wonders to pick up the win, despite being wasteful in front of goal AND beaten in almost every stat. #lolfuries

The thead also contained one of the most bizarre but wholesome ways a signing has ever occurred. @spooksim was taking ages to post the match, which prompted this:

Oh great, @RU_ is posting matches again. :rolleyes:

Much love.

Genuinely miss you. :hearts:

You guys need posters? Genuinely find myself looking at the SFA a few times a week.
And the rest is history.

JT_the_Man played a fantastic game with 35 touches (also managing 3 frees against and receiving none in return - most be bloody hard being so tall). U2tigers was also a standout performer, fighting well against 3 different opposition ruckmen, and managing 25 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal. SSwans2011 had 24 touches and goal and Elton Johns Wig managed a whopping ELEVEN tackles.

Round_9.png

We kick off the next 4 rounds of write-ups done by our BB medal winner... SSwans2011

Round 9 vs Furries:
I often wonder how the competition let such an average club like the Furies win 5 Premierships. If the SFA gave out premierships based on how many memorable posters you have had throughout your history, the Wonders would possess those 5 Furies premierships... and then some.

But unfortunately, mediocrity is often rewarded in this competition, and thus we have the #firsttosixbattle.

At times, this match read a lot like the Tigers bored. The issue for the Furies is that the Wonders have the best of those Tigers posters.

The match itself was a tight, exciting affair. It was a back and forth tussle, and both teams struggled to really gain an ascendancy. The Wonders lead at quarter time, but only took a four point lead in, which should have been greater, had we not wasted opportunities. The Furies then lead for the majority of the second and third quarters, but could never pull away. A 5-goal final quarter was enough for the Wonders to pick up the win, despite being wasteful in front of goal AND beaten in almost every stat. #lolfuries

The thead also contained one of the most bizarre but wholesome ways a signing has ever occurred. @spooksim was taking ages to post the match, which prompted this:

And the rest is history.

JT_the_Man played a fantastic game with 35 touches (also managing 3 frees against and receiving none in return - most be bloody hard being so tall). U2tigers was also a standout performer, fighting well against 3 different opposition ruckmen, and managing 25 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal. SSwans2011 had 24 touches and goal and Elton Johns Wig managed a whopping ELEVEN tackles.

Round_9.png
I keep telling the qumpires that I’m trying to tackle around the waist, it’s not my fault that everyone else is so short. :(

Which teams haven’t you been kicked out of?
518926_3e188e7ad1662048d4538ed3ebbdb3d6.png
They keep offering me sexual favours involving tying me to a desk and attacking me with police batons.

They clearly love me.

Round 10 vs. East Side Hawks
This was another one of the better match threads from season 25. The banter was bountiful and humorous, but most importantly, the Wonders put on a clinic pre-game AND during the game. It was a fitting display too, for haydo’s 100th game, or #haydo100.

This post from club champion and occasional match summary writer SSwans2011 summed the start of the match up quite well:
SSwans2011 said:
Holy s**t, our first quarter was so good it literally destroyed the forum. Putting on a clinic for #haydo100
We went into half time with a pretty dominant lead.
NaturalDisaster said
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 2
West Coast Wonders: 13.5.83
East Side Hawks: 6.2.38
Then this happened. :oops:
NaturalDisaster said
West Coast Wonders: 18.11.119
East Side Hawks: 18.6.114
But then this happened. :)
NaturalDisaster said
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
West Coast Wonders: 21.11.137
East Side Hawks: 18.6.114
And we got the job done for #haydo100.

JT_the_Man was huge with 31 touches and 4 goals, which he summed up quite well with this dominant passage of play:

JT_the_Man said:
Well it wasn’t quite the 77 disposals and 21 goals I was hoping for, but 20 and 4 was good enough to get the job done. Also, look at this... A glimpse of my true potential.

1 : 16.04 {C} - JT_the_Man picks Agent93s pocket and runs away with the ball.
1 : 16.08 {C} - JT_the_Man threads his way through traffic.
1 : 16.12 {C} - JT_the_Man attacks the goalface.
1 : 16.16 {C} - Tremendous solo effort from JT_the_Man results in a goal.
West Coast Wonders: 3.2.20
East Side Hawks: 1.1.7
1 : 16.2 {C} - U2tigers wins the hitout unopposed.
1 : 16.28 {lW} - SarahSmiles has a paddock.
1 : 16.32 {rW} - No-look handpass to SSwans2011.
1 : 16.37 {C} - Hands it off to JT_the_Man.
1 : 16.43 {C} - JT_the_Man goes for a long goal.
1 : 16.45 {C} - What a happy fellow is JT_the_Man.
West Coast Wonders: 4.2.26
1 : 16.51 {C} - U2tigers taps it down.
1 : 16.59 {C} - JT_the_Man signals for his teammates to present.
1 : 17.03 {C} - He has time to take a bounce.
1 : 17.07 {C} - Goes the torp..
1 : 17.12 {C} - Tremendous solo effort from JT_the_Man results in a goal.
West Coast Wonders: 5.2.32

NickCC also starred with 25 touches, 2 goals and 7 tackles. U2tigers was dominant in the ruck, winning 18 hitouts. Elton Johns Wig had 11 tackles AGAIN. But perhaps most importantly, haydo starred in his 100th, kicking 7 majors to help lead the Wonders to victory.

Round_10.png

Round 11 vs. Las Vegas Bears

Uh, um, yeah. The first half of this game was a bit disturbing. We were given a hiding by a bloke named hilly that nobody had ever heard of. It was kind of like if grants guns played for another side.

No, that’s a lie. Nobody can ever, and nobody will ever compare to grants guns.

But anyhow, ArgusTuft proposed this Bears banner:
ArgusTuft said:
mNGdXEf.jpg

WOW!
What a lineup.:moustache:
Which was boring and outdone by yours truly.
SSwans2011 said:
Pretty weird banner this week from the Bears:
3foi3Je.jpg

Bizarre to see myself on the opposition's banner, but I'll take it.

I know I've mentioned myself in all three match write-ups now, but SOMEONE has to do it.

But uhh yeah, the match...
Cloud_ said:
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 2
Las Vegas Bears : 10.8.68
West Coast Wonders : 5.2.32
I mean we made a comeback. But it was one of those instances where the sim was just being an annoying campaigner, so how about we just forget about this match for the most part?

PVF continued his fantastic season at forward pocket with 4 goals. Elton Johns Wig sadly didn't quite reach his lofty heights of 11 tackles in the 2 previous games, but still had a whopping 10 tackles. JT_the_Man continued his good form with 26 touches and a goal. And SSwans2011 had 26 touches and 9 marks.

But yeah, I don't like writing about games where we lose.

Round_11.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12 vs. Foundation Cup
Foundation Cups are always fun, particularly when we win, and win comfortably. Basically the only two important clubs in the league get to go head-to-head, and it always serves as a reminder that the Wonders really are the only club that truly matters in the Sweet FA.

The first half was a s̶n̶o̶r̶e̶f̶e̶s̶t̶ HIGH-INTENSITY, HIGH-PRESSURE, LOW-SCORING, CLOSE AFFAIR. The Demons went in with a slight lead though. Things picked up in the third, but it remained a HIGH-INTENSITY, CLOSE AFFAIR.

Then in the fourth quarter, the Wonders did what they've done for 25 seasons now and basically walked over the Demons. Tradition is a wonderful thing in qooty.

It was an all-round strong team performance with standout games from NickCC (27 touches and a goal), JT_the_Man (23 touches and 9 marks), WaLkEr_ThE_StAr. ClarkeM lifted against the old rivals with 24 touches. Elton Johns Wig, however, sadly only had 6 tackles this week (c'mon mate).

Round_12.png

Round_12_leaderboard.png

After 12 rounds we head back to the leaderboard and this is what we're looking at. 10 votes separating the top 5 players. JT_the_Man has been a massive bolter since the last time we gave you an update on the leaderboard. He flies straight into equal 2nd spot with 48 votes tied with SSwans2011. NickCC has a slight advantage ahead of the rest being up by 4 votes while U2tigers and haydo keep within striking distance heading into the last month of Qooty.

Can NickCC hang on? Or will the dominance of JT be enough to get him home? Can SSwans2011 turn back the clock and pull a B&F out of his ass? Or will it be a rookie that comes home with the victory?

This'll be the last leaderboard update we'll do so take your seats and strap yourselves in....... and feel the G's

ln_Hb_Ci_Km8_t_R9_HWTMBn_JW0of_Wf0.gif

Round_12_leaderboard.png

After 12 rounds we head back to the leaderboard and this is what we're looking at. 10 votes separating the top 5 players. JT_the_Man has been a massive bolter since the last time we gave you an update on the leaderboard. He flies straight into equal 2nd spot with 48 votes tied with SSwans2011. NickCC has a slight advantage ahead of the rest being up by 4 votes while U2tigers and haydo keep within striking distance heading into the last month of Qooty.

Can NickCC hang on? Or will the dominance of JT be enough to get him home? Can SSwans2011 turn back the clock and pull a B&F out of his ass? Or will it be a rookie that comes home with the victory?

This'll be the last leaderboard update we'll do so take your seats and strap yourselves in....... and feel the G's

ln_Hb_Ci_Km8_t_R9_HWTMBn_JW0of_Wf0.gif
Oh boy oh boy wowee!

Rookie of the Year

Let's turn our attention to the young blokes. What a great season the SFA had from it's rookie crop. It was a damn hard job voting for the EKA medal I'll tell you that much. So many standout candidates that would win an EKA in any other class. Unfortunately for them but fortunately for the league, all the good rookies came into the league at once which bought some life back into the league.

The Wonders had some exciting rookies walk through the door this season. Danger Zone, U2tigers, SarahSmiles and Cactus_ have all made their own marks on the club this season and we're a better side with these guys posting.

Unfortunately, there can only be the 1 winner and I'd like to congratulate U2tigers on winning the Wonders Rookie of the Year award for S25.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back