Western Bulldogs and their partnership with Ballarat a success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Perhaps looking a little deep here, but I find it encouraging that the local State Member for Wendouree (Julianna Addison) was hosting the State Treasurer (Tim Pallas) two weeks before the State Budget at the game:

View attachment 673265
Knew Julianna pre-politics, very dedicated teacher. She’ll do well, great with people of all ages.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Have enjoyed my 2 trips to Ballarat, but didn't get there on Sunday. Good to hear the Lions weren't happy going there.

I don't want opposition teams being happy going there. No-one is happy going to Launceston either and the hawks have an awesome record there.

I want us to have a Hawthorn type record at Mars eventually.

I also laugh when I hear opposition supporters going to Willy, my other home.

Half of them are beaten before they get there.

Roogal

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Have enjoyed my 2 trips to Ballarat, but didn't get there on Sunday. Good to hear the Lions weren't happy going there.

I don't want opposition teams being happy going there. No-one is happy going to Launceston either and the hawks have an awesome record there.

I want us to have a Hawthorn type record at Mars eventually.

I also laugh when I hear opposition supporters going to Willy, my other home.

Half of them are beaten before they get there.
It's funny, back in the old days before the Mars Stadium arena (Built 1991) and when the original Ballarat Showgrounds trotting track (Circa 1951-1990) was there, the North Ballarat Roosters used to play on an oval in the middle of the old trotting arena. To describe that as an Oval was actually a bit of a stretch. It was effectively a paddock that was mowed to look like an oval with goal posts at either end. It was cold, open, a mud pit across the surface and the winds used to howl through there. It's the ground that Tony Lockett and Michael Malthouse cut their teeth on. There was no protection for spectators or players from either the wind or constant chilly drizzle and showers that Ballarat is famous for. Only North Ballarat could play on it and everybody else (including the spectators) hated it.

Ohh the good old days :think:

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
More people should consider using the train to Ballarat for our Mars Stadium games. Very relaxing way to travel and it can be a quicker way to get there and back.

Recently, me clan went to Ballarat. They got the train at Footscray. At the same time friends left Seddon to drive to the same address in Ballarat where they were meeting. My lot beat them there by 20 minutes. Going home they left at the same time, again my lot on the train back home about half an hour earlier.

lachy

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
More people should consider using the train to Ballarat for our Mars Stadium games. Very relaxing way to travel and it can be a quicker way to get there and back.

Recently, me clan went to Ballarat. They got the train at Footscray. At the same time friends left Seddon to drive to the same address in Ballarat where they were meeting. My lot beat them there by 20 minutes. Going home they left at the same time, again my lot on the train back home about half an hour earlier.
Though I am not a supporter of the Ballarat experiment, I will always support the dogs so if the game is not on a Saturday afternoon, will and have gone to Ballarat.

Going by train is easy and relaxing. It does expose how little has been spent on rail infrastructure by multiple state government over the years with long stretches of single track to a major population centre, but this does not take away from it being relaxing.

It is also a part of the catch 22. As well as the stadium being to small to achieve any of the stated goals,ie anything other than money, it surely would not have cost to much to update the spur on the rail line to just outside the ground.

mackem

All Australian
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves

Apart from the first game I have travelled by train for all the other games (3). It is a comfortable journey.

Top Bottom