What are the chances of Turnbull v Abbott III happening this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mining Tax
Carbon Tax

They have yet to plumb the depths of stupidity that brought about those two.

Cut and gutted what? How many public servants have been sacked?

they have...and morons fell for it, "you'll be $500 a year better off without a carbon tax"...funny, I get a letter from the Energy company the other day, wasn't telling me I was getting lower costs, actually, that they were rising. keep telling ya'self it'll be ok.

Mining Tax
Carbon Tax

Public expenditure is a mix of public and private workers these days. You know that

In the well known cases of public money wasted. Projects. The majority would be. Private employees

Here's where you bang on about unions

If the Liberals lose the WA State Election in March to Labor by a big margin, expect to see a leadership spill against Malcolm Turnbull happening within a month or two after the election. The question however is will the rebel group plotting the downfall of Turnbull have the numbers required to force a change of leader? And what effect would it have on the preparations for the upcoming Federal Budget?
I think it might come down to where those Liberal losses are. I don't know WA Politics but it can be brushed off as State Issues, unless the losses are in deeply held Federal seats.

In retrospect, the 2016 election win by the Coalition has come back to haunt them big time. An election loss would've been ideal for the Coalition to clean out the dead wood and start rebuilding from the ground up. A stint or two on the Opposition benches would've done them no harm at all.

The Liberal party is clearly split into two. We might call them Liberal & Conservative, or the Rabbots & the not Rabbots. Or we may not :)

Whatever we call them, they most definitely are a divided camp. Fighting over a dead body like the LP is a waste of time. The may as well recognise the fact & go their separate ways.
Maybe the next election will bring great change. The LP on one side with a core base and the Conservative joining with the Nationals and One Nation to re-build a strong conservative core.

Maybe the next election will bring great change. The LP on one side with a core base and the Conservative joining with the Nationals and One Nation to re-build a strong conservative core.

The Nats offer nothing. The rural vote is shrinking & a lot of rural/regional voters are disaffected by the Nats. Some may join the Hansons, but the key Libs cons wont want to cow tow to Hanson. They want to be the boss.
So maybe form just a straight out Conservative party, anti immigration, anti non WASP or C, anti union, anti non christian, anti non happy clappers, anti environment, anti renewable energy, anti LGBT, anti science, anti happiness etc, etc :)

The Nats offer nothing. The rural vote is shrinking & a lot of rural/regional voters are disaffected by the Nats. Some may join the Hansons, but the key Libs cons wont want to cow tow to Hanson. They want to be the boss.
So maybe form just a straight out Conservative party, anti immigration, anti non WASP or C, anti union, anti non christian, anti non happy clappers, anti environment, anti renewable energy, anti LGBT, anti science, anti happiness etc, etc :)
While I agree, I was looking at it as a numbers game. Its all well and good being Conservative, but its never any fun when your voice isn't heard and no-one takes notice of you.

Public expenditure is a mix of public and private workers these days. You know that

In the well known cases of public money wasted. Projects. The majority would be. Private employees

Here's where you bang on about unions

Mike-Tyson-Reaction-Laughter.gif

Mining Tax
Carbon Tax

Mining tax was for when the miners make huge profits out of digging up our non renewable resources. It made perfect sense actually.

Carbon pricing scheme was a sensible approach to the cost of carbon on the environment. It still allowed for development because one could trade carbon credits.

In both cases it was dumb ideology not practical economics which determined Rabbotts direction. We all paid the price for his stupidity on these measures.

Departments like Bureau of Stats have lost staff, hence the Census disaster, ATO have lost staff so dont persue the big tax dodgers who support the LNP, Center link have lost staff hence the computer matching system which has been a disaster. People cannot call the department to prove their situation. Its totally unfair.

Abbott is done but Turnbull will be challenged by a "young" terrorist righter harnessing his old support.

Mining tax was for when the miners make huge profits out of digging up our non renewable resources. It made perfect sense actually.

Carbon pricing scheme was a sensible approach to the cost of carbon on the environment. It still allowed for development because one could trade carbon credits.

#WACO
#JimJones
#realtruth

they have...and morons fell for it, "you'll be $500 a year better off without a carbon tax"...funny, I get a letter from the Energy company the other day, wasn't telling me I was getting lower costs, actually, that they were rising. keep telling ya'self it'll be ok.

Yes of course it was a free lunch. Just impose a large tax with no negative consequences. Too easy.

Try ceteris paribus.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...eview-of-national-disability-insurance-scheme
The treasurer, Scott Morrison, has launched a review of the national disability insurance scheme by the Productivity Commission to consider the scheme’s costs and sustainability.

The review will also consider the role of other services in meeting disabled people’s needs, which critics are likely to seize upon as preparing the ground for a possible reduction in the scope of the groundbreaking funding system for disability support services.

Morrison launched the review on Friday, explaining in a statement that it would “inform the final design” of the NDIS including by “updating initial cost projections estimated ... and by providing advice on longer-term projections and overall sustainability issues”.
And so it begins; what's the bet we're told that that we can't afford this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back