What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Me at karaoke

That's also me at Karaoke, minus the comprehensible lyrical performance. I'm more of a 'James Reyne' type vocalist, more so after 20 odd Vodka/Soda's...

Allegedly there is an English version of this, but I'm yet to find it:

Last edited:

Broken Peach are a Spanish cover band with a strong visual element and a love of Halloween that have done some great covers. I've always been very fond of girl vocal groups, indeed it's been all down hill for popular music since the Shangri la's split.

A live version covering Personal Jesus

And a tribute to Covid19 health workers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before there was Michael Jackson and the moonwalk................there was James Brown.

Ah - the famous TAMI concert where James Brown was furious that some young R&B act, fresh out of England, was slotted to perform after him to close the show - so Brown put on this sizzling performance, driving the teenage crowd
into a frenzy - and (or so the story goes), as he walked off-set with Mick and the boys waiting in the wings, turned to them and said "Follow that!", or "Welcome to America" (depending on the source).

Actually the Stones did a pretty good job in following that, despite the rather awkward (and funny) early attempts by Jagger to imitate Brown's dance style, almost falling at one point he had actually practised the moves after he first watched Brown perform at the Apollo Theatre -

Ah - the famous TAMI concert where James Brown was furious that some young R&B act, fresh out of England, was slotted to perform after him to close the show - so Brown put on this sizzling performance, driving the teenage crowd
into a frenzy - and (or so the story goes), as he walked off-set with Mick and the boys waiting in the wings, turned to them and said "Follow that!", or "Welcome to America" (depending on the source).

Actually the Stones did a pretty good job in following that, despite the rather awkward (and funny) early attempts by Jagger to imitate Brown's dance style, almost falling at one point he had actually practised the moves after he first watched Brown perform at the Apollo Theatre -

And a few words from the assistant choreographer on the show.

and a few of her dance moves from her most famous video.

as well as a bit on her career. You'll be gobsmacked at what she's done.

Absolutely amazing career. I sure hope I'm that good at 76. But I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Toni Basil, how can I follow that? What a career.
I did come across a version of Sonic Attack, by Hawkwind which has Brian Blessed doing the voice over. I think it's much better than the original, So get your paisley out and those old beads, light up a scoob and enjoy a very old psychedelic track that does well with some modern graphics. Kudos to the producer. Now where are my treads?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back