Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just cooked an Atlantic Salmon cutlet on a very hot grill pan, and served it with a salad of mixed lettuce leaves, tomato, kalamata olives, fetta cheese, drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil. Delicious. I always cook awesome food when the Mrs. isnt home.

14267_squid_batter.jpg

"Mrs Singh's Punjabi lamb chops", cooked on the trusty grill pan (my favourite thing in the kitchen at the moment). Got the recipe from the paper. It's basically lamb chops marinated in a mix of yoghurt, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and a heap of spices. They were goddamn awesome. Served with a greek salad.

Recipe here - I didn't use the lamb rack, I just bought 2kg cheap forequarter chops.

Salmon fillets with ginger, garlic and lemon
Steamed brocoli, cauliflour and zucchini
potato treats (boiled potatoes which are then salted and fried in delicious olive oil)

Home made pizza on a tortilla base with cherry tomatoes, basil, caramalised red onion, capsicum, mushrooms, chilli, small bit of ham, parmesan & fresh mozzarella

Home made pizza on a tortilla base with cherry tomatoes, basil, caramalised red onion, capsicum, mushrooms, chilli, small bit of ham, parmesan & fresh mozzarella

Why did you feel the need to throw in 'caramalised red onion' and 'fresh mozzarella'?

You had onion and cheese mate. Granted, you may have used the cheese before its expiration date, and yep, you may have fried the onions off beforehand.

Give me strength, enough of this masterchef talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did you feel the need to throw in 'caramalised red onion' and 'fresh mozzarella'?

You had onion and cheese mate. Granted, you may have used the cheese before its expiration date, and yep, you may have fried the onions off beforehand.

Mozzarella is a specific type of cheese, it's actually quite relevant when you're talking about pizza ingredients. If he just wrote cheese, it could be anything from cheddar to blue vein cheese.

Caramelised red onion means he has fried it before adding it to the pizza, so he gets a sweeter flavour from it, rather than the pungent flavour of raw onion. Red onion also has a milder flavour than the brown ones.

I don't see how any of this is irrelevant?

As for myself, I made beef enchiladas.

I wouldn't have commented on his meal if he wrote cheese and onions.

I don't even watch masterchef but there's nothing wrong with taking pride in your cooking.

roast pork belly with roasted garlic, celery, red onion, carrot and thyme, with creamy mash potatoes and steamed broccoli.

For dessert I made lemon delicious pudding.

At the moment I'm cooking roast lamb stuffed with garlic and rosemary, and rubbed with cumin and paprika. Also going to be doing yorkshire pudding, roast parsnips and steamed beans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back