Watto

Club Legend
May 24, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas/Lakers/Mavs
Haven't posted in a while but feel the need to vent because I think we are at a real crisis point. Honestly can say in 22 years of supporting this year has been the lowest we have been considering the talent we have out there.

We were putrid in 06 and 09 but at least in those years there was the excuse of having poor lists and playing out of bush league facilities. I don't know what this club stands for anymore. We are of 'just there'. When Scott came in he wanted to do away with the 'Shinboner spirit'. He has achieved that but nothing has replaced it.

I hope the media rips us this week because he has avoided the spotlight for too long. 10 years of this nonsense is just insane.

I think it was jmac that when asked if the crows game was must win replied with said 'no would like to'. Is this a prevailing attitude I wonder? Are our guys just happy to be there making good coin?

I see no ruthlessness like you would get from Clarko or Simmo. We need a change..someone..anyone. Throw that warchest money at the above two. s**t I'd take Boomer, Carey or Kingy at this point. Anyone over this snakeoil salesman who is driving this club into the dirt.

Its a boys club. Next week Donald's son will come in.....No problems......We would have to be the only club thats makes a motivational video, "never beaten " and we didnt even make the eight. How sad is that ?

On todays performances he should come in. At least he has a crack.

I watched my first NMFC game at Arden St in 1954. My uncle played 6 games with them in 1948.
I've seen some dark days and years BUT 2019 is shaping up to be the worst. The 50s and 60s didn't
provide much success apart from 1958 (making the finals) and 1965-66 Night Premiers. It also had our
relocation to Coburg (1965). But there wasn't the angst that members/supporters are experiencing now.

Looking very much from the outside, it appears that the Coach has lost the players. I can't accept that the
skill level and (lack of) passion displayed by the players tonight is representative of their ability.

Our Club is in a crisis. My first question is "Is anything going to be done?" My second question is "What
can be done now to address this situation.

I watched my first NMFC game at Arden St in 1954. My uncle played 6 games with them in 1948.
I've seen some dark days and years BUT 2019 is shaping up to be the worst. The 50s and 60s didn't
provide much success apart from 1958 (making the finals) and 1965-66 Night Premiers. It also had our
relocation to Coburg (1965). But there wasn't the angst that members/supporters are experiencing now.

Looking very much from the outside, it appears that the Coach has lost the players. I can't accept that the
skill level and (lack of) passion displayed by the players tonight is representative of the ability.

Our Club is in a crisis. My first question is "Is anything going to be done?" My second question is "What
can be done now to address this situation.

Another die hard talking genuine crisis! Can we all be delusional?

I ******* hope SOMEONE down at Arden Street is taking notice!

We always had F*** you about us as a club. Not today - this was a low point. I’m 40 years in, rarely post, enjoy reading. Am shattered at how slow and soft we looked. Live remote but watch every game - not happy to hear about the membership/seating issues either - ffs we need to get our f***ing s*** together asap. I want to be proud again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gender equality, The Huddle (we'll probably win another award that no one gives a s**t about), Tassie (player,coach,board member speeches regarding a whore being a respectful lady) and the Shinboner Spirit.

It's a phrase that was barely used from my memory in the 90's......it was just accepted that we were a hard team to beat. The Shinboner Spirt to me now has become a phrase that people at the club use as a smoke screen. It's a phrase that gets used a lot in recent years and I doubt anyone could say it with sincerity to people regarding how the team plays its football.

We stand for being a charity club, a social justice club, an off-field optics club, and a club that just kinda coasts on being the midtable for over 10 years, a club that takes political party money to stay up to date, a club that puts AFLW first because its the shiny new toy and VFL/AFL takes a major backseat, a club that forgot to win games, a club that forgot what Shinboner spirit really means instead of being a tagline to sell tickets and merch, a club that isn't concerned with winning premierships.

We stand for anything but football.

We stand for being a charity club, a social justice club, an off-field optics club, and a club that just kinda coasts on being the midtable for over 10 years, a club that takes political party money to stay up to date, a club that puts AFLW first because its the shiny new toy and VFL/AFL takes a major backseat, a club that forgot to win games, a club that forgot what Shinboner spirit really means instead of being a tagline to sell tickets and merch, a club that isn't concerned with winning premierships.

We stand for anything but football.
Embarrassed to be a kangas supporter at the minute. The first time I've ever felt this way.

I feel ya mate. My faith in this club is being tested like no other, feels like a crucifixion of our own on Good Friday.
I'm lost. Really thought we'd be good this year, can handle being beaten but there seems to be a lack of intensity across the park. Not a single leader standing up and to top it off our VFL boy's are no better. Can't see the light.

I'm lost. Really thought we'd be good this year, can handle being beaten but there seems to be a lack of intensity across the park. Not a single leader standing up and to top it off our VFL boy's are no better. Can't see the light.

I wish I had the answer or what the solution could be but even if we get up now and then for a win it doesn't change the fact that the club from top to bottom is in a bad spot, and is in denial while doing so.

Change is necessary, big change otherwise we're staring down the barrel of LONG years of bottoming out and being bottom 4 for years further losing identity.

you think back to the pagan days and he'd even directly say it when we started declining in 2000/01 with lazy performances how he thought some of the guys had become content with 2 flags in 4 years, he called bs for what it was meanwhile mr sports scientist is just happy with participation trophies.

no reason not to play larkey next week

On todays performances he should come in. At least he has a crack.
Disagree. Bring in Murphy. At least he has the skill level to play AFL.
I was so depressed last night watching a pacy and skilled Zac Merrett kill us with his class and run. And thinking we passed on him because we preferred Lmac.

The club has treated the 150 Year anniversary with disinterest at best, disrespect more likely. The struggle to get Good Friday was destroyed in a moment. The Shinboner identity has been mocked. The members are treated as nothing more than ATMs. What we stood for has been culled.

A loss to Sydney in Hobart will be the straw that breaks the camels back. The sale of a 4th game to Hobart marketed as a bonus win courtesy of our home ground advantage will be exposed, leaving the emperor with no clothes. Then the spin merchants have nothing left.

I don't really understand why the club can't be socially responsible and a presence in the community, but not ruthless on the field. They're not mutually exclusive. Things like the Huddle, our no pokies stance etc have nothing to do with our on-field failings and shouldn't be brought into the discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back