Discussion What do you think of the fantasy leagues?

Remove this Banner Ad

The directory looks good... although I could have sworn there was a very similar (singular) thread that has already mysteriously disappeared (made by InCase, modified by GG).
:confused:

So I'm not sure whether this is the breakthrough problem solver.

You should include the final polls in the competitions under each round, so people have an idea of how each panned out (aside the honour roll).

Also, GG, you haven't responded to the idea of keeping the live threads stickied and the "dead" comps in the sub-board - this was a pretty resounding notion a few months back IIRC.

Getting rid of a sub-board altogether is a step in the wrong direction IMO - when AJL and KOTW start up again, there will be a lot - up to 16 including polls (KOTW - 5; CCCC - 5; MOTW (?) - 4; AJL - 1; TWP - 1) - threads regularly popping up cyclically (1-2 weeks) as the competitions go through the motions.

Once again, the main board will be awash with new and old competition threads, and of course others will be pushed away.

This is why it is important to keep the current subboard as an archive for the purpose of decluttering and allowing other threads to keep active, and sticky the new competitions/polls for the purpose of attracting the deserved/warranted attention.

In solving the problem in the OP:
If it is true to say that no other "Gallery"-type sub board is viable, then I am willing to propose the use of another set of tags, perhaps "exhibit", for the fantasy league threads. Remember, these are not competitions (with the exception of Damo's new thread); therefore the current tags are inappropriate.

If so, they should stay on the main board.

I'm kinda bummed I was away when all this popped up. Dang.

Anyway, the idea of just using the tags and the directory sounds OK, but the directory would have to be updated fairly often, which I imagine would be a pain.

I think the fantasy leagues should have their own thread, just one big one where everyone posts theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back