NFL What Do You Want for Your Team in 2009?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkmania has mentioned most of the areas of improvement for the 49ers but if I narrowed it down to three areas it would be:

- offensive consistency, when will this be? Five O/Cs in 5 years. Singletary has already stated a desire to return to smash mouth running football so this leads to our second area of concern...
- a run mauling offensive line that consistently gets wins the line of scrimmage battles to make room for Gore and our new bruiser 230 pound fullback. This also probably means that Hill is our starter next year (and still hoping that Smith comes back as a backup)
- defensive identity 3-4 or 4-3 make their mind up and stick to it. I have no issue on the 49ers spending all their draft picks and any FA moves on nothing but line help on both sides of the ball.

A stadium deal would be nice too.

Hawkmania has mentioned most of the areas of improvement for the 49ers but if I narrowed it down to three areas it would be:

- offensive consistency, when will this be? Five O/Cs in 5 years. Singletary has already stated a desire to return to smash mouth running football so this leads to our second area of concern...
- a run mauling offensive line that consistently gets wins the line of scrimmage battles to make room for Gore and our new bruiser 230 pound fullback. This also probably means that Hill is our starter next year (and still hoping that Smith comes back as a backup)
- defensive identity 3-4 or 4-3 make their mind up and stick to it. I have no issue on the 49ers spending all their draft picks and any FA moves on nothing but line help on both sides of the ball.

A stadium deal would be nice too.

Dude, i went to candlestick park to watch the seahawks vs 49ers, it's a great stadium, rich in history, cool tailgating party stick with it! but i guess it is a tad old and 49ers do need a new stadium. as for alex smith, i think he copped a raw deal early in his career, the o-line was second rate and i think they threw him in too early. i think overall alex smith is a much better qb than shaun hill. hope he comes back, i like watching him.

I would like to see a few things
1: Schaub stay injury free
2: Get a DE to help Mario (1st round pick)
3: Get a ball hawking safety (2nd round pick)
4: A bruising RB for short yardage situations (4th round pick)
5: A DT to help stop teams run all over us (Free Agency)
6: Make a play for either Haynesworth or Asamougha
7: A competent Defensive Coordinator hopefully one that blitzes more than 5 times a game

CHIEFS:

Let's see...
1. a defense (draft one of those USC beasts at LB)
2. Fire Herm
3. Hurt Brady again (because that's simply what the Pats get for cheating)
4. Hire Marty Schottenheimer as GM and Cowher as Coach...talk about a nasty run/defense oriented team..that would be amazing.
5. Work on getting some more o-line help since that is so dreadful as well

Raiders

1. A real GM
2. A new DC
3. A new OC
4. Draft well

Get a Coach who will suck up to Al Davis and go 0-16 instead of one who knows what they're doing and take them to 4-12 while upsetting Al and getting fired.

Im just wondering.

What's the news on Tony Dungy, last offseason he was contemplating retirment and going to move to Florida for the family. Will he retire this offseason, or will we go through, another Dungy will he leave will he stay offseason.

Who knows Riggy, it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

Did I hear correctly today that he's the first coach IN NFL history to coach teams to 10 consecutive playoff campaigns?

Pretty impressive stat to have on your resume if you do decide to hang up the boots for a couple of years and then come back to coaching.

I would like to see a few things
1: Schaub stay injury free
2: Get a DE to help Mario (1st round pick)
3: Get a ball hawking safety (2nd round pick)
4: A bruising RB for short yardage situations (4th round pick)
5: A DT to help stop teams run all over us (Free Agency)
6: Make a play for either Haynesworth or Asamougha
7: A competent Defensive Coordinator hopefully one that blitzes more than 5 times a game

Agree Metin. Well one of our wishes has come true. DC Richard Smith and his assistants are gone. No more soft coverage and blowing "unloseable" games (see Colts game). I'd say a CB as well to help out Robinson.

Also a C and G on the OL.

Solve a few of those areas and we're definitely on track for first winning season.

Who knows Riggy, it wouldn't surprise me if he does.

Did I hear correctly today that he's the first coach IN NFL history to coach teams to 10 consecutive playoff campaigns?

Pretty impressive stat to have on your resume if you do decide to hang up the boots for a couple of years and then come back to coaching.

But he got to the playoffs different ways

in Tampa he did via defence
in Indy he does it vis offense

greatest (past) coach ever. New England has NE coach at the moment. He is the best in my eyes. 11-5 is the best record ever to miss the playoffs since expanded to 6 for each conferance. SO. expanded to 8 teams? or the 6 best records and not care about divisional records. The NFL will make sure New England and there whining NE coach never miss the playoffs ever again.

Who will he coach? Im expecting him to go to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay.
Del Rio would be lucky to survive another season like the last one, and, s**t I forgot who coaches Tampa. Well as soon as Garcia leaves. Tampa gooooooooonnnee. Dungy comes in and turns everything around in 1 offseason.

11-5 is the best record ever to miss the playoffs since expanded to 6 for each conferance.

Like everything with the Patriots, that 11-5 deserves an asterisk. ;)

They were scheduled against two divisions that sent 8-8 teams to the playoffs. They lost to the two decent teams on their schedule (Steelers & Colts).

New England 2008 - 11-5*

Who will he coach? Im expecting him to go to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay.
No idea. One thing I do know with Dundy though is that's he's a standup bloke. He wouldn't do a deal with anyone now until he'd ended his current stint. He doesn't need too.

If he leaves the Colts I reckon he'll sit out for a season or two.

Del Rio would be lucky to survive another season like the last one, and, s**t I forgot who coaches Tampa. Well as soon as Garcia leaves. Tampa gooooooooonnnee. Dungy comes in and turns everything around in 1 offseason.
Chucky. :D

Garcia isn't the be all and end all with Tampa. Neither is Gruden.

Their D is what they're all about and they're about to lose one of the best DC's in the business. If they can cover that then the other two don't matter. In not so good news for the NFC South, the perception is that Tampa are an old defense. That's simply not true. They have some outstanding young defensive talent. Their veterans are actually a liability now so Monty's leaving might be a timely clean-out. Gruden I reckon will stay, not sure Garcia will survive though. Wouldn't even surprise me if Favre ends up in Tampa after all if he wants to play on. Chucky loves collecting QB's.

Wouldn't even surprise me if Favre ends up in Tampa after all if he wants to play on. Chucky loves collecting QB's.

Say it ain't so JD... :eek:

JDsFavreWatch.jpg

But I reckon you'll be all over that like a rash if it happens. :thumbsu:

lol, that cracks me up each time I see it Woodson. :D

Trust me, I'm no Favre fan. When discussing NFL, he's a hard man to avoid.

I'm just an old bastard that likes watching other old bastards still live the dream.

I was shattered when Morten Andersen retired. :)

Dallas:

A winning record in December
Jerry Jones to keel over...

ok, that was nasty, maybe I should have just said "Jerry Jones to step aside, so someone can start running the team properly"

...oh well, too late now :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For San Diego...

If they trade rumours are true..(i hope they are 100% false) and they are going to look at trading LT...heres what i would want..

A ready made power full back (preferably Lorenzo neal)...jacob hester isnt ready yet...and LT's career was so good in large part to neals brilliance in blocking in front of LT...

I have no doubt that if we were able to get a stud blocking Full back next year, If LT could get healthy he could still have a dominant year..

2..Sign sproles,,

3..Maybe a bit more prescence on the offensive lines...specifically the guards..

4..a healthy merriman...

For San Diego...

...heres what i would want..

A ready made power full back (preferably Lorenzo neal)...jacob hester isnt ready yet...and LT's career was so good in large part to neals brilliance in blocking in front of LT...

I have no doubt that if we were able to get a stud blocking Full back next year, If LT could get healthy he could still have a dominant year..

LOL.. Lorenzo Neal has already had his spell in SD (five year campaign!!) and at the tender age of 38, he'll be ok to go another few more seasons if you think so.. ;)

LOL.. Lorenzo Neal has already had his spell in SD (five year campaign!!) and at the tender age of 38, he'll be ok to go another few more seasons if you think so.. ;)

I reckon he will, hes a beast...an aging beast, but still a beast...and in my statement i was trying to imply more a lorenzo neal type full back..(probably didnt type it that way)

not too sure who the "gun" full backs are in the league...but id like a veteran to play in SD for 1-2 years, till Hester is ready...

*A QB to partner our crushing running game , i have faith in T-jack , i just wish he would mature quickly or else the 2010 is packed with Quality QB's and i can see him being replaced , maybe a Mark Sanchez if he is available , after the 2 better 1st rnd QB picks in year with Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan the vikings maybe should take the chance and take a quality QB in the 1st.

*OL - this is our most pressing need at the moment , we need men up front to protect T-jack or block and open up lanes for AD and Chester , some reckon that birk will be else where next season and Bryant Mckinnie may be cut due to Multiple infringements , so my hope is for a playe like Max Unger who can play at multiple of these positions.

*WR/TE - Always a pressing need for the Vikings , but with the Addition of Berrian and Shiancoe in the Past 2 years , not uber important , but if they feel the need to take one of these types , maybe a Jermaine Gresham or Brandon Pettigrew at TE or Darrius heyward-bey or Jeremy Maclin at WR may do the trick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back