Toast 'What does Caroline Wilson know about football?'

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why i cant stand caro

An article by caro about caro saying how awesome caro is

Another journo interviewing her could have achieved the same, without it being journalist masturbation

What is with Slobbo anyway, he always sounds like he has just drunk a carton of beer everytime he talks on the radio, or that he is about to fall asleep mid sentence..

Caro isnt too bad, she does tend to get some good info that other reporters dont - the rest need to lift their game.

If Caroline was born Carl she wouldn't have copped the vitriol and garbage that's been slung at her over the journey. Was the only journo to really call bullshit on essendon and what they did, will always respect her for the work she put in there.
This ^^

Her integrity is attacked all the time, yet she's never done anything worse than any of the other morons in the industry.

I am sorry but are we forgetting her past indiscretions because she is telling tiger fans how great the club is and how great the premiership was. She is nothing but a sensationalist that goes off half cocked and arrogantly rejects responsibility when proven wrong. She crucified Dusty with the whole chopstick affair and was also caught red handed publishing untrue conjecture about a Norf doctor in the past. When asked if she would apologise she would just shrug her shoulders with a "s**t happens" attitude.

She is on the same level as Slobbo and Barrett. Jokes of journalists who will do anything for a whiff of a story.

What is with Slobbo anyway, he always sounds like he has just drunk a carton of beer everytime he talks on the radio, or that he is about to fall asleep mid sentence.
Isn't much better on AFL360, I do like him there though, Gerard keeps him in line and they complement each other well. Pretty sure early days he'd spend a few hours in the pub before rolling in, now I reckon he waits until after the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't consider her a journalist, more an opinion writer. Big difference.

Her problem (like many these days) is everything is completely partisan, i.e. She is right and everyone else wrong. With respect, anyone can write what she does and the only difference between her and that fat idiot Robinson is she is more articulate - which wouldn't be hard.

I know that writing about footy sets a fairly low bar in journalistic stakes because there's only so much you can write about, and maybe in that context she's a success compared to the buffoons she has to contend with.

I find her position to be unnecessarily strident and her pieces are usually not about the actual game anyhow. More they are about footy politics where she takes the high moral ground like she's the guardian of what's wrong or right.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but she thinks hers is always right. Well so does Andrew Bolt. If anything I weep for the profession. It's just a blokes club full of bozos and that makes her stand out.

I don't consider her a journalist, more an opinion writer. Big difference.

Her problem (like many these days) is everything is completely partisan, i.e. She is right and everyone else wrong. With respect, anyone can write what she does and the only difference between her and that fat idiot Robinson is she is more articulate - which wouldn't be hard.

I know that writing about footy sets a fairly low bar in journalistic stakes because there's only so much you can write about, and maybe in that context she's a success compared to the buffoons she has to contend with.

I find her position to be unnecessarily strident and her pieces are usually not about the actual game anyhow. More they are about footy politics where she takes the high moral ground like she's the guardian of what's wrong or right.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but she thinks hers is always right. Well so does Andrew Bolt. If anything I weep for the profession. It's just a blokes club full of bozos and that makes her stand out.

Spot on. She's always on about how some player who did something slightly off-colour off the field is a disgrace and they should be suspended etc. Don't hear much from her about the actual game, and even then, how good something is/was.
Robbo, for all his faults (and there are plenty), at least loves the game and gets excited by it. He may be a bit mad, but at least he's talking about good things, not hanging blokes for spitting on the footpath.

I am sorry but are we forgetting her past indiscretions because she is telling tiger fans how great the club is and how great the premiership was. She is nothing but a sensationalist that goes off half cocked and arrogantly rejects responsibility when proven wrong. She crucified Dusty with the whole chopstick affair and was also caught red handed publishing untrue conjecture about a Norf doctor in the past. When asked if she would apologise she would just shrug her shoulders with a "s**t happens" attitude.

She is on the same level as Slobbo and Barrett. Jokes of journalists who will do anything for a whiff of a story.

Didn’t always get it right and I didnt always agree with her. But she broke some big stories over the years and I always enjoyed her sticking the boot in to #lolnorf and Essendrugs

Love Caro's work. Doesn't beat around the bush, calls out behaviour when it needs to be called out, holds her own opinions through thick and thin.

The definition of a hard-hitting, no-punches-pulled journo.

If she was born Craig, would we see less hatred surrounding her I wonder...
That would give us Caroline Hutchison!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back