What game to play next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
I've finally finished Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 (might download DLC for the latter as well) but I still have a lot of catching up to do in playing the games I've bought through Steam sales this year and last year. So out of these games what should I start playing? Would rather play a game with a good single player campaign. Although I'm open to suggestions for casual and multiplayer games to play at the same time.

I've never played these games apart from a bit of LFD 1 and 2, Audiosurf and Worms.

Alien Swarm
Audiosurf
Counter Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman 2: Silent Assasin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia (2008)
Puzzle Quest
Resident Evil 5
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse (played first 2 episodes)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Tales of Monkey Island
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Torchlight
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Worms Reloaded

I personally hated KOTOR

I'd say Just Cause 2 or if you want a quick game play Mirrors Edge, can be beat in like 4 hours.

Oh and have CS:S and DOD:S on the side for whenever you want a quick 10-20 minute game.

At the risk of sounding stupid and also because I'm a bit of a noob what is a steam sale I have heard it quite a bit recently and it is frequently mentioned here on bigfooty and I haven't the faintest idea what the hell it is

Give Mirror's Edge a playthrough, very underrated game.

Not an extremely long story mode but it's very fun, very original and the story is a bit of alright too.

Worth it to kill some time.

Any of the hitman games are fun to play and very entertaining well worth the time.

Finished Mirror's Edge. Pretty good game.

Might play the Hitman trilogy next.
What's the length of these games and should I get and play Hitman: Codename 47 first (seeing as I have 2,3 and 4)? Is it too old, and should I play that first for story reasons?

You should play them all in oreder it makes more sense that way the stroy lines themselves of each game(1,2,3,4) arent connected but the games apart from the first hitman tend to reference back to games earlier.

I don't have the first hitman though and don't really want to buy it that much. Am I suffering that much if I skip it?

Ummm dont think it will make too much of a difference you could probably just look up what happens in the first game on the internet and then the following games will probably make a little more sense but like i said it shouldnt make too much of a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished Mirror's Edge. Pretty good game.

Might play the Hitman trilogy next.
What's the length of these games and should I get and play Hitman: Codename 47 first (seeing as I have 2,3 and 4)? Is it too old, and should I play that first for story reasons?
I don't have the first hitman though and don't really want to buy it that much. Am I suffering that much if I skip it?
Not really. The first one is...a bit average. Even the 2nd one is still a bit eh.

The last 2 are easily the best when they really nailed what it was all about.

There's not exactly any story to follow as much either, it's all about the missions and the gameplay. Although Blood Money has some great scenes.

Righto guys and girls (are there any that post in the games section?)
I just punched out Gears 2 (had more fun in the first 10 mins than all of the first) and im onto the next game, so what shall it be?
Metro 2033 or Batman AA????????????????????

Righto guys and girls (are there any that post in the games section?)
I just punched out Gears 2 (had more fun in the first 10 mins than all of the first) and im onto the next game, so what shall it be?
Metro 2033 or Batman AA????????????????????
Batman AA, easily, easily, easily! I even suggested this when you asked whether to play ACB? AC2? or Batman AA. You never listen to me.:(

Batman AA, easily, easily, easily! I even suggested this when you asked whether to play ACB? AC2? or Batman AA. You never listen to me.:(
Yea after the last time i asked i bought something else then finished Gears lol
I forgot about ACB, another one i should add to the list.
AA it is.

Deus Ex is the shiny gem in that pile (which would keep me entertained for many months btw)

I'm willing to get that I'm not the only one that reinstalled my copy after seeing it in your post.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll change your life. If you still want more, look up System shock 2 - imagine a Deus Ex / Dead Space hybrid.

Truly a game that has stood the test of time.

Blood Money was a great game and had the best gameplay of the Hitman series.

But my favourite is still Contracts.....the atmosphere of the game is incredibly dark and immersive. All the other titles makes 47 seem like an anti-hero, but Contracts really conveys the guesome nature of his work and the immorality of a lot of his actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back