What happened during the Blue Ribbon cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperMal

Standing on the shoulders of Giants….
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
I just caught a mention that a player did something ‘inappropriate’ either during or after the game - can anyone fill me in?

Rowan Marshall didn't speak after the game when accepting his award for being St Kilda's best player on the day.

Didn't look great.

Rowan Marshall didn't speak after the game when accepting his award for being St Kilda's best player on the day.

Didn't look great.
Ah. Ok thank you. I thought he might have torn his blue ribbon off or something.

Thank you.

More cups going around than the last supper.

Too many cup games.

Yeah, the AFL are doing a terrible thing by honouring members of the police who have died in the line of duty.

Ah. Ok thank you. I thought he might have torn his blue ribbon off or something.

Thank you.

It was bad, but not quite that bad!

Yeah, the AFL are doing a terrible thing by honouring members of the police who have died in the line of duty.

It was bad, but not quite that bad!
Turn it up ffs.

This is my point.

The game, the league and individual clubs themselves are relentlessly pressured into supporting various organisations that provide good deeds.

But when is it enough?

This league is about football. Not being bastions of good community deeds.

When are the messages ultimately diluted with the weekly namesake matches?

As far as I’m concerned, we have Neil’s day, Anzac Day, Dreamtime RFC vs ESS and now the Adelaide carnival and that’s about it.

Country round, Mother’s Day, meaningless cups and other sundries are just filler.

Let the god damn Premier League Australian Rules Football season play out without the endless homages which btw …punters forget about within 7.5 mins of the final siren.

Many think the same opinion as I do.

I’ve done polls.

People say …”
It’s more than I game”

And I agree wholeheartedly.

We should take a leaf out of the NFL.

The National League shouldn’t be used like a 7 prong Duchess of Essex charity engine.

Last edited:
Your point is the AFL are doing a terrible thing by honouring members of the police who have died in the line of duty?

OK then.
I’m not saying that at all in any word or structured sentence written in my reply …and you know it.

Grow up.

If we’re gunna honour Cops then we need a round for undervalued RNs and firefighters who cut bodies out of wreaked cars.

Where does it end ?

I’m not saying that at all in any word or structured sentence written in my reply …and you know it.

I don't actually. You seem to have taken significant issue with it - the logical extension being you think it's a bad idea?

If we’re gunna honour Cops then we need a round for undervalued RNs and firefighters who cut bodies out of wreaked cars.

Sure. I hope you'll be OK if they do go down that path.

Where does it end ?

I'd say once each game is allocated to a cause but if you're truly offended by this then I'm going to guess never, because you'll always find something else to take issue with.

Am I right?

I don't actually. You seem to have taken significant issue with it - the logical extension being you think it's a bad idea?

Sure. I hope you'll be OK if they do go down that path.

I'd say once each game is allocated to a cause but if you're truly offended by this then I'm going to guess never, because you'll always find something else to take issue with.

Am I right?
Righto..you have no idea of my true point and just want confrontation.

Keep punchin’ Rocky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shades of Peter Moore….
Comparing a player taking off a GF medal to a player not taking time say a few words for the courage and sacrifice of all Victorian police officers and those that have fallen in the line of duty is pathetic. Get a grip

Agreed, not a fan

Turn it up ffs.

This is my point.

The game, the league and individual clubs themselves are relentlessly pressured into supporting various organisations that provide good deeds.

But when is it enough?

As far as I’m concerned, we have Neil’s day, Anzac Day, Dreamtime RFC vs ESS and now the Adelaide carnival and that’s about it.

Country round, Mother’s Day, meaningless cups and other sundries are just filler.

Let the god damn Premier League Australian Rules Football season play out without the endless homages which btw …punters forget about within 7.5 mins of the final siren.

I’ve done polls.

People say …”
It’s more than I game”

The National League shouldn’t be used like a 7 prong Duchess of Essex charity engine.
Don't all clubs have their roots in the community?

Country round, Mother’s Day, meaningless cups and other sundries are just fifiller.
The Silk/Miller game between Hawthorn and St Kilda has been around longer than the Dreamtime match and Daniher's Big Freeze. Maybe one of those should go first, if you think the schedule is too crowded.

Oh no it didn’t look great! That’s terrible! Let us know how he can fix this

There’s no need to “fix” anything, but I guess he could recognise the importance of the day to some, and consider not sulking the next time he is called up to accept an award.

It wasn’t a hanging offence, but it also shouldn’t be laughed off.

I have a huge issue with cups. This is what we’re rolling with (off the top of my head) at the moment. Add that to these themed rounds (Country, Gather, Nicholls, Pride). Do you think we have enough? Why don’t the AFL or clubs just donate $2 from each ticket sold without telling us or presenting a meaningless trophy.

Blue Ribbon Cup
Peter Mac
EJ Whitten Cup
Barker Whitten Cup
Madden Cup
Anzac Day Cup
Bob Rose Cup
Marngrook Cup
Kevin Sheedy Cup
Beyond Blue Cup
Showdown Cup
Sydney Derby Cup
Q Clash Cup
Neil Daniher Cup

Turn it up ffs.

This is my point.

But when is it enough?

I’ve done polls.

People say …”
It’s more than I game”

Just keep the stuff involving Essendon. Got it.

The Blue Ribbon cup started in 1998. 7 years before Dreamtime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back